Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 08:01 PM   #31
Buzzardo

Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We will continue to share info (as well as images) as we prepare for the Kickstarter campaign.
Please do. I love the artwork. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Old 09-02-2019, 11:16 AM   #32
TurboCooler

Not sure if this is the correct place to post. I tried to talk to someone and Gencon and it was too busy and I was with an impatient group.

I believe in a previous post it was stated they were trying to get the game down to about 45min to 60min.

Now that the CAD files are flying and there has been play testing performed, is a game in the 45min to 90min range? if yes, for how many gamers? Will the game scale to say 4 to 6 players? How does the time to play change?

Just curious since this was one of the previously stated design goals in the other 6E thread.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:38 AM   #33
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCooler View Post
Not sure if this is the correct place to post. I tried to talk to someone and Gencon and it was too busy and I was with an impatient group.

I believe in a previous post it was stated they were trying to get the game down to about 45min to 60min.

Now that the CAD files are flying and there has been play testing performed, is a game in the 45min to 90min range? if yes, for how many gamers? Will the game scale to say 4 to 6 players? How does the time to play change?

Just curious since this was one of the previously stated design goals in the other 6E thread.
The game is for two to four players. Playing time is roughly 30min per player; experienced players can complete games faster than that. That time includes vehicle design . . . assuming you're not playing with someone who is unable to make decisions. We cannot manage the AP masters in your group.

The game is not designed to support more than four players.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #34
NORJustice

Is the four person limit a built-in design issue or more of the base game won't have the pieces to support more than four players. If I had expansions or a second base set, could I run 6 players assuming I was willing to accept the longer game time?
Old 09-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #35
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORJustice View Post
Is the four person limit a built-in design issue or more of the base game won't have the pieces to support more than four players. If I had expansions or a second base set, could I run 6 players assuming I was willing to accept the longer game time?
We won’t be making suggestions or comments on playing the game outside of the official rules. The game is designed for two to four.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:06 AM   #36
philreed
I do stuff and things.

A peek at the size of the minis (relative to each other).

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/S...niatures_Sizes
Old 09-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #37
Dolph

Quote:
A peek at the size of the minis (relative to each other).

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/S...niatures_Sizes
Those pictures look great....and I can’t wait till you are able to show production samples. I see the article referenced the wave 1 miniatures. Can you tell us how many miniatures will be in wave 1?
Old 09-15-2019, 02:58 AM   #38
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Estimated pricing of the three main Kickstarter reward levels. This does not cover any of the limited/special reward levels. Shipping estimates are not available at this time.

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/S...h_Edition_Cost
Old 09-15-2019, 02:59 AM   #39
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph View Post
Those pictures look great....and I can’t wait till you are able to show production samples. I see the article referenced the wave 1 miniatures. Can you tell us how many miniatures will be in wave 1?
We are not yet ready to share all of the details on the game's miniatures. We'll have more info before the campaign launches.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #40
TurboCooler

Quote:
We are not yet ready to share all of the details on the game's miniatures. We'll have more info before the campaign launches.
I see SJG will be at PAX Unplugged in PA this December. Will there be a demo for Car Wars at the event?
Closed Thread