Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-04-2019, 10:28 AM   #131
awesomenessofme1

Default Re: Minor League Supers [Powers/Supers]

I'm pretty sure that's already covered by Cosmic.
awesomenessofme1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #132
AlexanderHowl

Technically Cosmic does not hide anything from anyone, so you would need No Signature to hide your cargo (and the physical access to your cargo). Otherwise, the cargo (and the physical access) would be detectable, at least in the same way that a car trunk and its contents would be detectable.

A more efficient way to create the character would be to give him Lifting ST+40 [120] and Payload 10 (Cosmic, +50%; No Signature, +20%) [17]. The capacity of the character would go from 200 lbs to 500 lbs, for 13 CP cheaper than the original design, and the character could carry up to 2,500 lbs outside of their payload.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #133
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Technically Cosmic does not hide anything from anyone, so you would need No Signature to hide your cargo (and the physical access to your cargo). Otherwise, the cargo (and the physical access) would be detectable, at least in the same way that a car trunk and its contents would be detectable.

A more efficient way to create the character would be to give him Lifting ST+40 [120] and Payload 10 (Cosmic, +50%; No Signature, +20%) [17]. The capacity of the character would go from 200 lbs to 500 lbs, for 13 CP cheaper than the original design, and the character could carry up to 2,500 lbs outside of their payload.
And be a wrestling powerhouse. Which seems ... rather divorced from the concept.
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:51 PM   #134
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Benj View Post
From a dream I had:
When Daren's (not Darren; pronounced like "daring", without the g) great aunt leaves her his house in her will, he discovers a strange, golden variety of marijuana in her greenhouse.
When he smokes it, he transforms into that sky-galloping stallion ... the Palomino Paladin ... High Horse!

Powers include:
Running on air!
Being a horse!
Woke AF!

So yeah, I guess that's an Alternate Form with a Trigger?
ST +11 (No Fine Manipulators –40%, Size +1 –10%) [55]
DX-1 (No Fine Manipulators –40%) [-12]
HT +1 [10]
Move +1 [5]
SM +1
Enhanced Move 1 [20]
Extra Legs 4-legged [5]
Higher Purpose (Social Justice) [5]
Hooves [3]
Peripheral Vision [15]
Walk On Air [20]
Horizontal [-10]
No Fine Manipulators [-30]
Social Stigma: Valuable property [-10]
Weak Bite [-2]
Old 08-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #135
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Quote:
And be a wrestling powerhouse. Which seems ... rather divorced from the concept.
Quite correct, which is why I had Payload 100 in the first place. I was aiming at a character with NO offensive or defensive abilities and only a single trick to qualify as a super-being.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:19 AM   #136
dcarson

Quote:
From a dream I had:
When Daren's (not Darren; pronounced like "daring", without the g) great aunt leaves her his house in her will, he discovers a strange, golden variety of marijuana in her greenhouse.
When he smokes it, he transforms into that sky-galloping stallion ... the Palomino Paladin ... High Horse!
Makes me wonder what his great aunt turned into.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:53 AM   #137
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
Sounds like ...Prequel adventures!
Old 08-05-2019, 03:09 AM   #138
Aldric

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
Nothing really. It's just a bad case of Delusion that has them running on all 4 on rooftops in the middle of the night
Aldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:35 AM   #139
Aldric

Which makes me wonder what happens if you have a bad case of Chuunibyou, and also the ability to drag others into your Delusion, much like an Affliction with Emanation...
Too bad you can't really add Infectious Attack to it, maybe with Cosmic, but I don't like to use that.

But I think that's asking a bit too much of a "simple" Delusion
Aldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:27 AM   #140
AlexanderHowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 View Post
Quite correct, which is why I had Payload 100 in the first place. I was aiming at a character with NO offensive or defensive abilities and only a single trick to qualify as a super-being.
If that is your only criteria, I would give him Lifting ST (Payload Only, -50%). The break point for maximum efficiency ends up being around Lifting ST+40 (Payload Only, -50%) [60] and Payload 40 (Cosmic, +50%; No Signature, +20%) [68]. For a ST 10 character, that gives him a cargo capacity of 2,000 pounds for 128 CP. Of course, he might as well be named The Mule because he would probably be moving drugs rather than shoplifting.

Of course, trying to discover such a smuggler would be difficult. He could transport cash from the US to Columbia and drugs from Columbia to the US without anyone being the wiser. He could fly down on Friday night, party all Saturday, meet with his suppliers Sunday morning, and then fly back Sunday night. While his pattern of travel would flag him with both the US and Columbia authorities, they would only find evidence that he was a party animal in his luggage.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supers