Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-06-2018, 12:39 PM   #11
Argendauss

Default Re: Complete list of Dragon cards

That matches up with the cards I know, but I'm unfamiliar with like Axe Cop, Adventure Time, etc.

Bet there's some in both MMM2 and Starfinder, but I don't have those yet. (Kickstarted Starfinder but forgot you don't actually get anything if you don't do the backerkit nonsense. Too many annoying notificationd about project progress that I ignored all the useful emails too.)
Old 03-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #12
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

No one has Starfinder yet, even the people who paid attention at the beginning of the project when we said we would be using BackerKit.

There is one Dragon in Far Out, the Starfinder expansion. It's called "Dragonkin."

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #13
serleran

There is a Polish dragon, which I believe came in the Munchkin Extended Edition. It is similar to the Italian one mentioned but has a slightly different name -- the name includes a cultural heritage reference (Wawel Castle).

Anyway, the card name is:

Szkielet Smoka Wawelskiego [Skeleton Dragon of Wawel or maybe Skeleton of the Wawel Dragon]
serleran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #14
berger

I did some searching and I did find the Smok Wawelski [Wawel Dragon]. It is included in the Polish version of Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe (Wielosieczny Topór).

I have not been able to find the Szkielet Smoka Wawelskiego [Skeleton of the Wawel Dragon].

In Poland the Extended Edition seems to be just Munchkin and one or two of the expansion sets.

If you have more info about how to find the Szkielet Smoka Wawelskiego or what set it is in I will do my best to try and find it.

Last edited by berger; 03-06-2018 at 05:48 PM.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #15
serleran

You're almost right.

The Extended Edition contains 220 cards, 165 from the core and 45 more as it ships with Fairy Dust, Munchkinomicon, and Monster Enhancers included. However, 165 + 45 = 210. That leaves 10 cards new to the set, which were also originally in Italian or German. This makes me believe Szkielet Smoka Wawelskiego is simply a localized reprint of the Italian Skeletal Dragon.

That particular card does not have an icon and does not have the usual markers for a promo card, so I'm pretty sure it was "new" for Extended Edition.

Unfortunately, I only have the one Extended Edition and not a sealed one to confirm that is how it was supposed to be, originally. The card is not in my other Polish Munchkin core sets, though, by either production companies.

Perhaps a red herring in the long run... depending on your definition of "all dragons."
Old 03-07-2018, 10:17 AM   #16
berger

Is your copy the Munchkin Extended Edition (Edycja Rozszerzona) or the Munchkin Extended 2012 (Edycja 2012)? Not certain if it makes a difference.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #17
serleran

Edycja Rozszerzona, which has a copyright date of 2012.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:28 PM   #18
Argendauss

In Paizo lore, a Nycar has the dragon subtype. I don't think that translated to Guns & Razzes. I can't remember if the Gorynych does have "dragon" printed on it or if it's just so obviously a dragon.

Linnorm in Munchkin Pathfinder doesn't have dragon on it, but AH confirmed it. Was Pathfinder pre-dragon tags? I don't know if the Norse thought of Linnorms as dragons initially, but it was definitely considered a kind of dragon later in the Middle Ages, and Paizo reflects that in their game lore.

Conversely Treerazer sure looks like a standard dragon, but he's a demon lord in Paizo lore.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #19
berger

Gorynych does have Dragon printed on the card.

Linnorm doesn't have it printed on the card, but as you pointed out in one of the posts in this forum AH declared it a Dragon.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:01 AM   #20
serleran

I compared Drago Scheletrico to Szkielet Smoka Wawelskiego and the text is virtually the same, minus the language differences. That is, the only real difference is minute -- the Polish version has a slightly different artwork. All other elements are the same -- same Power, same value for levels and treasure, same Bad Stuff, same rule about not pursuing.

So, unless you consider them different, they are effectively the same.