Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-15-2020, 10:07 PM   #11
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: TL4 Student Inventions--Need Invention Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
We had one in that spirit a number of years ago. One of my regular players had died of complications of the failure of his kidney transplant (lots and lots of complications). So another player ran a game of a mode he had used: everyone got to make up a character in any rules system they pleased, and he ran a scenario for them. I created Xenon Warrior Princess, a girl from the planet Xenon with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal women, using Big Eyes Small Mouth; most of the other players used Champions. It seemed a fitting memorial.
I'm sorry about the loss of your friend, and thanks for sharing your memorial.

I may be derailing this thread, but what the heck it's my thread and its original purpose is concluded in any case.

How do you run a game with characters created in different game systems?
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:14 PM   #12
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: TL4 Student Inventions--Need Invention Ideas

There's some synchronicity in the timing which I just now realized. In game terms, the session where I used the suggestions for student inventions was the last session of the multi-campaign/dimension Demon Gate. This involved four GMs and a number of players. It began with Best of Both Worlds, 20190913, played on 13 September 2019, and concluded with Citadel's Shadow II, Session 88, played on 13 September 2020; exactly one year later!

If anyone is interested, the latter link is to where I used your suggestions. Note that the game description is intended for record-keeping purposes, and is not necessarily "entertaining." As one of the four GMs died from COVID-19 before Demon Gate was concluded, the records helped tremendously.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high school, invention, tl4