Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
SmokeRulz

Default Re: Upcoming Munchkin Goodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
It is likely, but not certain, that we'll find a way to make the Munchkin Deluxe game board available separately for long-time Munchkin fans. (And yes, the cards in Deluxe are exactly the ones from core fantasy Munchkin -- well, the six player cards are new, but they aren't necessary to play the game, just a nice extra for newbies.)
I hope that becomes a reality. A Munchkin game board sounds like a neat idea. I wouldn't mind seeing the other extras included with it, but I won't beg. ;)
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #12
Doctor Poo

I just cracked open Munchkin Quest last night with my girlfriend, who is new to games that don't rhyme with folopoly. We've played Munchkin before, but she told me that the board game aspect really helped her realize what the card game represents.
She's more excited about the card game now and recommended using Quest as a better intro to new Munchkin gamers, as opposed to the card game. Folks who have no idea what a pen and paper rpg is have a lot of difficulty with the character creation concept.
My only problem with that is how much longer Quest turns are than in the card game, but this Deluxe board could be the best of both worlds for my new gaming friends. I'd love to see a standalone board made available.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #13
ComBAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Poo View Post
I just cracked open Munchkin Quest last night with my girlfriend, who is new to games that don't rhyme with folopoly. We've played Munchkin before, but she told me that the board game aspect really helped her realize what the card game represents.
She's more excited about the card game now and recommended using Quest as a better intro to new Munchkin gamers, as opposed to the card game. Folks who have no idea what a pen and paper rpg is have a lot of difficulty with the character creation concept.
My only problem with that is how much longer Quest turns are than in the card game, but this Deluxe board could be the best of both worlds for my new gaming friends. I'd love to see a standalone board made available.
I think I can agree with this. I found that being so familiar with the card game actually made the board game more difficult to learn because it was very easy to confuse the different, yet similar, rules.
ComBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
Wolflaser

Hi all,

I just started playing Munchkin this weekend at PAX East. I bought the Cthulhu Set, and after coming home from Boston grabbed all of its expansions at my local store.

I am irrationally excited about the Crypts of Concealment since my cards are already overflowing the base game's box.

Also, any chance for a Cowthulhu plush in the future (so awesome!).
Wolflaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflaser View Post
I just started playing Munchkin this weekend at PAX East. I bought the Cthulhu Set, and after coming home from Boston grabbed all of its expansions at my local store.

I am irrationally excited about the Crypts of Concealment since my cards are already overflowing the base game's box.
We could not ask for a better review of our demoing abilities. Thanks for coming to the convention, and thanks for letting us know you had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflaser View Post
Also, any chance for a Cowthulhu plush in the future (so awesome!).
Probably not -- plush is hard, and we're taking it VERY slowly. I'll note the request in case we suddenly go all Beanie Babies about it, however. (OMG, that would be awesome . . .)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #16
Rev Ev

"plush is hard?" Andrew-did you have a rough day at the office? Minion not acting appropriate?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #17
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Ev View Post
"plush is hard?" Andrew-did you have a rough day at the office? Minion not acting appropriate?
I don't think Angie's job performance (which is stellar) is an appropriate subject for humor.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
Johnny10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
It is likely, but not certain, that we'll find a way to make the Munchkin Deluxe game board available separately for long-time Munchkin fans. (And yes, the cards in Deluxe are exactly the ones from core fantasy Munchkin -- well, the six player cards are new, but they aren't necessary to play the game, just a nice extra for newbies.)

Munchkin.

Andrew, seeing as Munchkin Deluxe is listed up as in production on the site now, was just wondering if there was any more word on if the game board and pawns and cards will be available seperately? Thanks much.
Johnny10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #19
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny10 View Post
Andrew, seeing as Munchkin Deluxe is listed up as in production on the site now, was just wondering if there was any more word on if the game board and pawns and cards will be available seperately? Thanks much.
Board, yes. Cards and pawns, probably not. (But the pawns are exactly the same as the ones in the +6 Bag o' Munchkins, which is still available in the retail chain.)

Old 03-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #20
prospect

Andrew what exactly are these player cards? What purpose do they serve, what's on them, how do they look like.

To me, I imagine the building cost cards from Catan.
prospect is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, crypt of concealment, cthulhu, kill-o-meter, munchkin deluxe, product announcement, zombies