Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #11
Andreas

Default Re: Help creating an Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakyrias View Post
I tend to make the distinction between good memory and advantage quality memory. Even for an immortal (which I never actually watched the series, though I have watched the movies, and these immortals are slight deviations from those since with these immortals Connor after killing the Kurgan could have actually ended up looking like him or ended up needing to use the Kurgan's sword instead of a katana). For me remembering the famous duel on Boston common Connor had or his time learning from the Mong illusionist, is different then being able to perfectly and always being able to perfectly recall what kind of wine was popular in 1463 and the name of your neighbors kids in 1003.

The big events stand out, the minor stuff fades away. But eidetic memory imprints everything according to the advantage.
Eidetic memory limited to only memories of important events then. Some kind of advantage is probably still needed, since while normal people tend to remember important events much better, even such memories tends to slowly fade with time. At least if also immortals much older than Connor can clearly remember important events.
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #12
AlexanderHowl

Immortals are not even that durable when you think about it. They have Doesn't Breathe, Doesn't Eat or Drink, Immunity to Metabolic Hazards, Unaging, and Unkillable 2 (Achilles Heal, Decapitation). You could easily make an Immortal for 500 points, though older Immortals might reach 1000 points with Attribute and Skill improvements.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #13
Andreas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Immortals are not even that durable when you think about it. They have Doesn't Breathe, Doesn't Eat or Drink, Immunity to Metabolic Hazards, Unaging, and Unkillable 2 (Achilles Heal, Decapitation). You could easily make an Immortal for 500 points, though older Immortals might reach 1000 points with Attribute and Skill improvements.
They have some more advantages as well.
  • Detect for sensing other immortals.
  • Whatever advantage allows them to absorb things from immortals they kill.
  • Regeneration (Radiation Only) since small doses don't eventually accumulate enough to cripple them (Edit: or not if they have Immunity to Metabolic Hazards since that would take care of that problem, but do they really have that? I don't remember them being immune to poison, just to disease).
  • Some memory related advantage as discussed above.
  • Probably some kind of advantage which helps with stopping bleeding.
  • They also tend to heal rather quickly after being killed, so probably Regeneration which only works while they are dead.
  • Probably more things I can't think of at the moment.

Last edited by Andreas; 11-16-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #14
Say, it isn't that bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Yes, them not forgetting such things is why I suggested such an advantage. By the way, wasn't that just Methos lying because he didn't want to talk about what kind of person he was in the past?
I think even after, he said he didn't remember his origins.

OTOH, that reminds me of a line from Garak on Deep Space Nine: "...especially the lies."
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:13 PM   #15
Drakyrias

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Since I'm using 3rd edition/ Classic rules, its easier for me. Undying for 175 and Resurrection for 150.

I put a 5% limitation on the regeneration and resurrection to account for no regenerating from bonded blades of an Immortal, or returning from the dead from being beheaded by another immortal's blade.

My immortal's can still be suffocated, they just come back.
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #16
talonthehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
They have some more advantages as well.
  • Regeneration (Radiation Only) since small doses don't eventually accumulate enough to cripple them (Edit: or not if they have Immunity to Metabolic Hazards since that would take care of that problem, but do they really have that? I don't remember them being immune to poison, just to disease).
Poison certainly hits them in the short term - in the first movie Connor was exceedingly drunk during a duel around (what I think was) the American Revolution. In the dubiously canonical movie Highlander Endgame various immortals were kept drugged in a state of semi-consciousness.
talonthehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:24 PM   #17
Flyndaran
Untagged

In the first movie, they could breathe underwater. There's a lot of disagreement between all the movies.