Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
chibler

Default help! question about “direct to video sequel! “

hey there! long time munchkin player here, just need some opinions on a scenario that happened in my last game.

the direct to sequel card reads “[Mod: Please do not quote card text.]”

so two people were in battle and were up by 4 against the monster. i had already backstabbed both players before i used a poly morph potion to rid the enemy. then one of the members in combat had used the direct to sequel card to fight the monster again. from my understanding, the monster keeps all its enhancers, but do the players keep their debuffs i.e from the the previous backstab? to me it doesn’t make quite sense for the monster to keep all its enhanced/debuffs but the players don’t? i also take it that after the direct to sequel card is used, it’s considered as a new combat as the card can only be used when “combat ends” thus allowing me to backstab them each once again? lemme know what yall think.

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 11-01-2019 at 12:37 PM.
chibler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:42 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: help! question about “direct to video sequel! “

This card creates a new combat between the same monsters and players as the first one. The only effects that carry over are monster enhancers. Yes, this means you can backstab again.

Also note that if the first combat took a munchkin to Level 10, the game is over and this card cannot be played. Regardless, if the munchkins won the first combat, they get to level up and draw their Treasures -- this is not like Trojan Horse where it explicitly says it interrupts the sequence. It just reboots the fight for a second go-around.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:07 PM   #3
chibler

Default Re: help! question about “direct to video sequel! “

thanks for the quick reply. well that settles that then! was just trying whatever way i can to prevent the two from winning lol.
chibler is offline   Reply With Quote