Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 07-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #41
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: superior write ups

Oh, just to me. Or on the forums here. If there's enough "no, really, it's cool!" then maybe I'd get inspired to do something else and we could see if it sold well or not. O:>
Old 07-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #42
RadLilim

Ok then, I actually did like the Rev Cycle. It's a bit hard to find stuff sometimes, but i like the information that is there.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #43
tbug

That's a good point. I particularly enjoyed Night Music and Fall of the Malakim. I actually never understood why The Marches and Heaven & Hell were included as part of the cycle; they're good reference books and I use them a lot, but they don't really seem to tie in plot-wise with everything else. This doesn't mean that I don't like them--I do--I just think that they don't add a lot of strength to the cycle and could have been released just as easily as stand-alone books.

I think that a cycle (or maybe the mini-cycle that Beth mentioned) would be more likely to draw old players/GMs back to the game than would the release of more Superior write-ups. Granted, a lot of us will buy whatever new stuff is released regardless of what it is, but I think that it would be hard to beat another cycle for actually generating excitement about the game.

How would a mini-cycle work, assuming it was green lit?

Last edited by tbug; 07-06-2006 at 07:26 AM. Reason: correcting a typo
tbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:51 AM   #44
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

The Rev Cycle... Yes, well. Suffice it to say that Moriah was not on top of some things he should have been on top of. Perhaps his duties in Real Life kept him from them. Anyway.

If I were going to do another Cycle, I'd want to make it "modular." You could run Cycles out of order, basically, because nothing would depend on you having already run the Rev Cycle, etc. (Of course, certain things would work better, or worse, depending. That's just the nature of the beast.)

To be a Cycle, it'd be a series of linked adventures -- ones that could probably be adapted to stand alone, or to be dropped into a campaign with homebrew plots (or tying-up-loose-ends plots) interspersed.

And it'd address some part of "We're Not Telling You Yet" canon, methinks. E.g., What Eli's Really Up To, or That Whole Janus/Valefor Thing. One minor notion I've got is a Purity Crusade Cycle, although that might really do better as a bunch of adventure seeds and a setting "sourcebook"... Although, there could be a way to tie it into modern times...

Note that minor notions may take a while to come to fruition. O:>

Other Cycle-worthy concepts would be World Shattering Plots With Consequences -- the SSO homebrew of my own might be an example (though, since it's my homebrew, I doubt there'd ever be enough demand for it as a generic adventure), but any "Prince redeem/Archangel Fall/New Superior elevated" sort of plot might be Cycle material.

Now, the format of it... would probably be episodic: you can buy the first plot arc of it, and see if it's interesting and runs well. There'd probably be detail on some characters and/or settings that were important to the plot and unlikely to be re-printed elsewhere. (Or people could treat a section of the Cycle as a resource description with a more-detailed-than-usual adventure seed, instead.)

Do note that all of this is me freewheeling my brains; I don't have any sort of go-ahead, and I'm still prodding my Marc submissions to try to find The Very Best One Who Makes Me Go YES.

Last edited by Archangel Beth; 07-06-2006 at 06:52 AM. Reason: fixing HTML to be brackets
Archangel Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #45
timespike

Well, I'm just anxious to see Asmodeus' writeup. I'd also like some more information about his relationship with Dominic...

I'd REALLY like to see writeups of Uriel and the unnamed Archangel of Death (Azrael, maybe?), Baal, Kronos, Asmodeus, and Beleth.

I'd also like to see a book of nothing but word-bound angels & demons, including all of the ones mentioned in the servitor writeups.

"May you never meet a truly good man, he'll kill you without a word." -Sam Vimes from Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett
timespike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:16 AM   #46
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Well, Asmodeus' is in the pipeline somewhere. (The others -- and he himself -- have their partial writeups in the Rev Cycle, of course. But, also of course, the Rev Cycle has been known to be errata'ed should someone present me with better material.)
Old 08-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #47
timespike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Well, Asmodeus' is in the pipeline somewhere. (The others -- and he himself -- have their partial writeups in the Rev Cycle, of course. But, also of course, the Rev Cycle has been known to be errata'ed should someone present me with better material.)
I know he's in the pipeline. I'm anxious to see what comes out; I've liked Eli & lilith quite a bit. My ONLY gripe with those two books is the lack of a superior symbol. I really liked the superior symbols from the 4 printed superiors books.

"May you never meet a truly good man, he'll kill you without a word." -Sam Vimes from Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett
timespike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #48
tbug

Quote:
Well, Asmodeus' is in the pipeline somewhere.
Is there a way we can get status reports on the pipeline other than nagging here? I know some stuff is out of playtest, but that there have been editorial transitions and warehouse moves and other issues. I don't want to be a pest, but if there's a page someplace I can be checking to find out when I can buy more product then I'd be interested in knowing about it. (I'm guessing, though, that the e23 page is as close as we'll get and that we should just watch this space for announcements.)
Old 08-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #49
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by timespike
My ONLY gripe with those two books is the lack of a superior symbol. I really liked the superior symbols from the 4 printed superiors books.
With luck, Asmodeus will have a Superior symbol; one of the authors was artistic enough to come up with something nice. (Of course, SJ needs to approve such things as well, so...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug
Is there a way we can get status reports on the pipeline other than nagging here?[...](I'm guessing, though, that the e23 page is as close as we'll get and that we should just watch this space for announcements.)
That guess is correct, I fear. Stuff Happens, and announcing release dates too early pretty well guarantees that It Won't Make It. Cursed Murphy.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #50
tbug

Quote:
That guess is correct, I fear. Stuff Happens, and announcing release dates too early pretty well guarantees that It Won't Make It. Cursed Murphy.
Heh. Fair enough. :)

Thanks for the quick response. I'll keep my credit card handy and my nagging to a minimum

Tags
meta