Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:50 AM   #81
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Soft announcement: new Ogre set!

This new edition may not have the real estate to accommodate this suggestion, but it would give it another reason to buy it and be really cool to have an OGRE Timeline
included like the one from OGRE Miniatures. It's such a good read of background stuff going on. Good for scenario ideas, and other musings like new units.
From the year 1995 to 2105, it's only one page front and back, but such awesome background stuff.
I was disappointed it was not in the Designers Edition, but maybe they are saving it to be in another release? It's too good to leave alone in OGRE Miniatures.
I wonder how many new OGRE players or even players that just never saw OGRE Miniatures out there never even saw or will see this Timeline since it's from the OOP OGRE Miniatures.

Please consider.

Maybe even have an updated Timeline including new battles and new units... ;)...now that would be awesome.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 02-24-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:46 PM   #82
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofjfd View Post
Agreed. The friendlies could co-occupy the hex in a pinch. So you could take wolf90's eminently sensible point and rule: Unstack as soon as possible. What if the enemy shoots at the hex first? Use spillover if you know that rule already. Else have the attacker pick one target, to keep things strictly Ogre rather than Ogre/G.E.V. And heck, you could easily avoid the situation because you already know the hex is mined.
Spillover doesn't affect Ogres (since X's are treated as D's, and Ogres ignore D's), so it really would only come into play if there was an armor unit stacked with an Ogre, which is probably an even rarer edge case (corner case?). To me the simple answer is wolf90's, and no spillover at all. KISS :)
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #83
brionl

Yes, spillover is a GEV rule. Leave it for that game or the full DE rules. Which you can still download for free.
brionl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:21 AM   #84
ghostofjfd

When I wrote "Use spillover if you know that rule already," I should have explicity pointed out this would be a house rule. Regarding this thread's topic, tweaks and fixes to the Ogre 6th edn rule book, I definitely do not recommend including the spillover rules. The rules probably don't need to address the situation I described at all; I'd expect it to come up very rarely if ever.
ghostofjfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:24 AM   #85
Maxim

This rule is not in your current attachment, and doesn't fall under the things you listed for "not needed" but I think it struggles as a sentence and could be looked at (marked in red below). Might want to change it in order to be very specific and say, "another OGRE or SPRHVY".

Also, because these units are submerged, would you want to make reference to other rules which include submarines, or units dropping depth charges, without going into the topic of submarines, by using a side panel with an asterisk to entice people to expand their collections?

7.14.4 Water. A GEV on water attacks and defends normally.
An Ogre or Superheavy submerged in a water hex may not attack.
It may be attacked only by a ram by another such unit

Also, Steve said
Quote:
Q: Will there be a die? An Ogre garage? A: Yes to the die; it will be a new color. Yes to the Ogre garage, too, but the details are still in print buying.
and I already posted an entirely related dice question on colors here.. http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=141818

Last edited by Maxim; 02-25-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:16 AM   #86
Tim Kauffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
Also, because these units are submerged, would you want to make reference to other rules which include submarines, or units dropping depth charges, without going into the topic of submarines, by using a side panel with an asterisk to entice people to expand their collections?
As soon as a Submarines sensors detect an OGRE, they take self-inflicted global catastrophic damage to there fragile hulls and rupture and implode
at the mere blip of an OGRE on there sensor screens.
Hence, such archaic weapon platforms are never deployed. :D
Old 02-25-2016, 03:12 AM   #87
Maxim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
As soon as a Submarines sensors detect an OGRE, they take self-inflicted global catastrophic damage to there fragile hulls and rupture and implode
at the mere blip of an OGRE on there sensor screens.
Hence, such archaic weapon platforms are never deployed. :D
You're saying I've been reading too much of this?..
16.00 Introduction
"BPC Subs" is a series of rules governing naval battles in sea-warfare variants of Ogre. It builds on the concepts introduced in "Continental Siege Aircraft."
Old 02-25-2016, 03:26 AM   #88
Tim Kauffman

Quote:
16.00 Introduction
"BPC Subs" is a series of rules governing naval battles in sea-warfare variants of Ogre. It builds on the concepts introduced in "Continental Siege Aircraft."
Oh, BPC SUBS...Page 31,The OGRE BOOK. Yes. THOSE exist. ;)
Old 02-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #89
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
16.00 Introduction
That is very unofficial fan extra stuff. They are not part of official Ogre rules.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:26 AM   #90
Maxim

Quote:
That is very unofficial fan extra stuff. They are not part of official Ogre rules.
Interesting to note however, as you follow the OGRE book articles and dates they were posted, you will see Steve at first commenting on fan submissions, and following that, actually borrowing the ideas and incorporating them..

(Printed in ANOTHER #@**$%$?!!
OGRE ARTICLE date unknown)
Most of the mail shows a good deal of thought. I plan
to steal the best comments and suggestions for future Ogre
games . . . crediting the originators. Fair is fair. A sampling
of the better mail to date:

For me.. the shipyards are not waiting around, they are already churning out designs that I *may* send to a 3D printer as time permits.