Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #61
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
sorry no facebook for me
Crud. That's a serious problem. What IM's are you on? I'm assuming joining FB for this is out--I know their reputation for collecting information.

A coworker reminds me that Skype is free and does have a text messaging section--I look like Hell in the morning and have a touchy microphone, so I won't even suggest an actual phone call. Besides which, typing gives my brain a chance to process all the plot before I blurt things out. RocketMan, are you averse to downloading it?

Meanwhile, a Dramatis Personae to help you sort out all the Japanese names...

http://maroon-ed.livejournal.com/147919.html

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-24-2011 at 10:13 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #62
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Crud. That's a serious problem. What IM's are you on? I'm assuming joining FB for this is out--I know their reputation for collecting information.

A coworker reminds me that Skype is free and does have a text messaging section--I look like Hell in the morning and have a touchy microphone, so I won't even suggest an actual phone call. Besides which, typing gives my brain a chance to process all the plot before I blurt things out. RocketMan, are you averse to downloading it?
I'll give it a shot. I have no webcamera and no microphone, so it never really offered me anything that any other IM program didn't. But if it's the only way everyone can meet, I'll do what I can.

As far as other chat programs, I have a presence on both YIM and Messenger. If there are others that people are in a habit of using, I can be flexible, so long as it doesn't blow up my machine's hard drive. ;)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #63
alexondria

I have Aim (which talks to ICQ), MSN (which talks to Yahoo Messenger), Google chat, and Skype. And yeah I'd rather not give facebook any information, but if there was a way I could log on as a guest I wouldn't be adverse, but I know nothing about the system.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #64
tHEhERETIC

Okay, my Skype name is barbarafu67. Could I have you all give me a shoutout so I can create the group?

Also, I'll look into creating a 'guest' profile on FB, though I can't promise I can pull that off. It would be nice to have that backup.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #65
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Okay, my Skype name is barbarafu67. Could I have you all give me a shoutout so I can create the group?
Same as always...

ladyarcana55

I'll friend you on Skype as soon as I get home
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:31 AM   #66
tHEhERETIC

Poking around for backup/backchannel sites in case Skype gets buggy on us. It shouldn't, but I've never tested it for anything more than calling friends and Mom.

Don't know where I put my mibbit login info, but that's an online IRC. I'd quite forgotten about IRC.

Made a TodaysMeet http://todaysmeet.com/PacificWar as an emergency, Skype-just-kicked-me-off backchannel. TodaysMeet is too laggy otherwise.

Ah--quittin' time at work.
--------------------nonbumpiness-------------------

Maybe I forgot to sign out at work? Skype is not loading for me at home tonight, probably the first time it's ever done that. Happily I have a light load at work tomorrow so I'll be able to look for a good alternate, one that does not involve signing up for anything as it's a bit late to do that. Meanwhile I'm hoping my Skype sorts itself out--I use that to call Mom.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-26-2011 at 05:49 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #67
alexondria

Quote:
--------------------nonbumpiness-------------------

Maybe I forgot to sign out at work? Skype is not loading for me at home tonight, probably the first time it's ever done that. Happily I have a light load at work tomorrow so I'll be able to look for a good alternate, one that does not involve signing up for anything as it's a bit late to do that. Meanwhile I'm hoping my Skype sorts itself out--I use that to call Mom.
It might have been having trouble, not sure when you posted this but someone else in General Chat posted they were having trouble this morning as well.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #68
Rocket Man

I've got Skype up and running now -- Heretic and the Lady have my ID info and I can PM it to the rest of you if needed.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #69
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
It might have been having trouble, not sure when you posted this but someone else in General Chat posted they were having trouble this morning as well.
Yeah--I checked Twitter as I was about to log off and there were two messages--we have a problem, and we think we know what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
I've got Skype up and running now -- Heretic and the Lady have my ID info and I can PM it to the rest of you if needed.
I do?

Mildly annoyed at Puck. Not his fault--he likely has good reasons that he's not posting anywhere. But dammit his encounter with Dennis starting here...okay, rereading that maybe it will wait. It would have been useful though to have that cherub on speed-dial.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #70
Rocket Man

Quote:

I do?
Well, you should, anyway -- I posted you a quick Skype IM earlier today. If it didn't come through, let me know. It's my real first name, a period, my real last name, and the number 1.

Tags
in nomine