Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-13-2018, 07:51 PM   #11
Jackal

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Online Virtual Tabletop

I just got an email from Roll20 patting themselves on the back for getting Paizo to create Pathfinder content on their service.

Is this a good sign or bad?
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:06 AM   #12
KataH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
They have expressed at least some interest in following/encouraging the Fantasy Grounds community.
Great now how do we get that to happen for GURPS in Roll20?

"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!"
KataH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #13
Jackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KataH View Post
Great now how do we get that to happen for GURPS in Roll20?
Steve? Steve? Anyone?
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:48 PM   #14
Ronnke

When I get time, I'm going to build a Fantasy Grounds ruleset for The Fantasy Trip.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:40 AM   #15
KataH

Myself, I am not looking for a rule set in VTT - frankly I do not need that.
What I would like is for SJ Games to recognize and support VTTs and thus these VTTs would make their systems more supportive and compatible with the GURPS format rather than so heavily on D20 systems.
I tried Fantasy Grounds first then tried Roll20. I like Roll20 because it is web based, no content to download, no programs to install, player play for free and do not have to install anything. and the user support community is huge.
However in the end any support by SJ Games could only make the GURPS community happier, bring in new players, and open up more opportunities.
Start simple, make and 'official' character sheet for the VTT, allow a way to import from GCA and GCS, for me that is the main focus. Then add some content, perhaps some world book, then maybe the rules.
Oh to wish and have it fulfilled.

"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!"
KataH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #16
BrokenWynde

ditto.... Steve?
BrokenWynde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #17
Shostak

Some of the players in one of my TFT campaigns are wondering if Tabletop Simulator would be more satisfying for our remote sessions than Roll20 is. Tabletop Simulator certainly looks more like the game we all love, but how useful would it be for the GM in terms of having various tactical maps ready on which planned action would take place?
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:19 AM   #18
heruca

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition (aka BRPG) is currently free for anyone to use during the COVID-19 quarantine period. And there's megahex support for playing TFT.

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is virtual tabletop software that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use and feature-rich.
heruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:46 AM   #19
RobW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KataH View Post
I like Roll20 because it is web based, no content to download, no programs to install, player play for free and do not have to install anything. and the user support community is huge.

However in the end any support by SJ Games could only make the GURPS community happier, bring in new players, and open up more opportunities.
Start simple, make and 'official' character sheet for the VTT
I agree with everything here.

I've been really happy with roll20 as GM and the players too. An official character sheet from SJGames would presumably be warmly welcomed by roll20, and I'm sure could be done in a way to support both GURPS and TFT. Perhaps this could be a low-barrier move towards increased online game presence.
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:16 AM   #20
Amadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
Some of the players in one of my TFT campaigns are wondering if Tabletop Simulator would be more satisfying for our remote sessions than Roll20 is. Tabletop Simulator certainly looks more like the game we all love, but how useful would it be for the GM in terms of having various tactical maps ready on which planned action would take place?
May I put a plug in here for Fantasy Grounds?

The TFT ruleset for FG is available for free* and while it is still under development**, IMO it's already fully functional and suited for running a game.

It's an unofficial ruleset, in accordance with SJG's Online Policy, so while all the tools are there to run a game, there is no SJG content - you must provide Talents, Spells, Items, monsters, etc., yourself.

* The TFT ruleset is free - GM and/or players need a Fantasy Grounds subscription.

** I am the primary developer, but I have some help, and built this ruleset on top of Ronnke's excellent FG GURPS ruleset.
Amadan is offline   Reply With Quote