Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:58 PM   #41
Cundiff

Default Re: Extant Ogre Counter Sheets

I'd rather counters were simply available, reprint if necessary, for purchase in the store. The exclusivity thing isn't nearly as important to me as is the ability to complete a set of counters for the game.
Cundiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:37 AM   #42
sparky00

In the couple years since I've returned to gaming, I've found SJ Games to be people of their word, with a level of integrity that is seldom seen these days.

I wasn't around at the time, but from what i could glean off the website, SJG made the following commitments to the ODE KS backers:

1: Ogre Designer's Edition would be a one-time offering - no reprints. Copies were printed for both KS fulfillment & retail sale (I have one of those- thanks FLGS!), but there was only one print run.

2: The KS exclusive counter sheets would be exactly that - KS exclusives. This was an incentive to back the Kickstarter. Surplus exclusive sheets were sold on W23, but only to KS backers.

Given these commitments, I don't see how SJG could simply reprint the KS exclusive sheets and sell them.

Demand for the Vulcan and other units from the KS exclusive sheets has been high though, and SJG has been accommodating. A Vulcan, 3D drones & Doppelsoldner were included with the Ogre Miniatures book - copies are still available on W23, I believe. Its a beautiful book, with equally beautiful counters.

I believe a Vulcan & Engineers are also included in the Battlefields supplement set due to start shipping to KS backers soon.

Other than those routes, the only source for KS exclusive ODE sheets is likely to remain the secondary market. I was able to get copies for my ODE retail set, but it took much searching & patience. A kind soul on this forum was able to supply me with punched counters from his Q1 sheets at a fair price - which was perfect for me- my ODE set is very much a "player" rather than a "collector" set.

The SJ Games folks are extremely responsive to customer requests, as can be seen on these forums. The Ogre community are great folks as well. With patience & perseverance, I'm sure you'll turn up some Vulcans & Friends counters at some point. Don't forget the Boardgame Geek forums & Geek marketplace -they are excellent resources for the rare & obscure.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #43
Cundiff

Free Market rules my thoughts on such things.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #44
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cundiff View Post
Free Market rules my thoughts on such things.
What I think you're missing is that the free market also takes into account things like reputation and trustworthiness, and companies can be and are hurt when those things are lacking. When SJG says that the sheets are exclusive, failing to keep them such negatively reflects on them and can inspire people to not support future endeavors where they make the same promises Thus, in my experience, SJG has been very careful NOT to promise to keep things KS Exclusive unless they really mean it, and has also done a good job of being very clear as to what is and isn't exclusive about whatever it is they're discussing (be it the entire item, specific colors, etc.).

Reskinning the KS exclusive sheets would be perfectly fine to me, but I know it also involves a certain level of investment requiring a certain level of expected sales, all of which has to be balanced against everything else out there. Yes, it may make competing a 100% collection that much harder, but I have no doubt that they will do their best to keep us Ogre fans satisfied as best they can.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #45
Cundiff

I didn't miss that. I simply want what I want, the missing counter sheets to complete my set. The rest is just fluff to me. I vote with my dollars. Right now people want $100 a counter sheet for the Vulcan counters. Too much! Reprint for $25, I'll buy. The rest of that, I won't care about. It's that simple.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #46
HeatDeath

I have a set of shrinkwrapped KS exclusive sheets. PM me.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:35 PM   #47
Cundiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
I have a set of shrinkwrapped KS exclusive sheets. PM me.
I have three times replied to your latest PM. I don't know what's going on, but my PMs and even my posts seem to be getting deleted.

You asked me what the going rate was because you didn't know. I've paid $25 recently for almost all my sets (multiple sheets or not) save for three.

I paid $45 for one
I paid $35 for another (a multi sheet set)
and I paid $30 for the third. (a multi-set with multiple sheets per set)

All else was $25 or less.