Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-15-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
JCurwen3

Default [Powers] Leech with Steal Youth and Accelerated Healing

With unmodified Leech, you gain 1 HP for every 3 HP you drain; with Accelerated Healing it becomes 1:1 rather than 3:1.

I'm assuming that this can be combined with the various forms of Steal (Other Score), and the enhancements and limitation that allows recovering FP in addition to or instead of HP. Wouldn't know why it wouldn't.

With Steal Youth, Leech becomes a totally different ability. For every 2 months (I go with a 1/12 year value) you drain, you get younger by a month.

The question is, can Accelerated Healing be combined with Steal Youth? If so, will it turn this 2:1 ratio into a 1:1 ratio? Or something else? I don't believe it's RAW defined (but it's nut ruled out by RAW either), so ideally an official answer would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: [Powers] Leech with Steal Youth and Accelerated Healing

I would say so, I certainly don't see a problem with it.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
kirbwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
The question is, can Accelerated Healing be combined with Steal Youth? If so, will it turn this 2:1 ratio into a 1:1 ratio? Or something else? I don't believe it's RAW defined (but it's nut ruled out by RAW either), so ideally an official answer would be appreciated. Thanks!
That's the way I've used it, and it seems to work fine.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
Btb, no. The penultimate sentence in the description of Steal Youth says that it is incompatible with other special modifiers. As a house rule, I don't see a big problem with the idea... SY already seems a bit over-priced to me.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accelerated healing, leech, steal youth