Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #1
Zero

Default Expansion.how many is to many?

I have the core set and two expansions unnatural ax and clerical errors and just ordered the need for steed.is this to many to put together? Thax
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Expansion.how many is to many?

No. They're designed to be put all together and balance is considered with each expansion. Your main complaint might be about how many cards you need to shuffle. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Mr Munch

We have the same as you... plus No. 8: Half Horse, Will Travel, plus Game Changers, plus the Xmas Naughty and Nice pack, it can be a lot to shuffle but the more cards the better we reckon! We find it makes each game so very different with more n more cards!

I've just ordered Need for Steed too, as well as, Munchkin gets Promoted and Duck of Doom!!! :D
Mr Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Bubbles21112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Munch View Post
We have the same as you... plus No. 8: Half Horse, Will Travel, plus Game Changers, plus the Xmas Naughty and Nice pack, it can be a lot to shuffle but the more cards the better we reckon! We find it makes each game so very different with more n more cards!

I've just ordered Need for Steed too, as well as, Munchkin gets Promoted and Duck of Doom!!! :D
Get The Guild expansion.

The best thing about game changers are the pink dice! It's a cool set too.
Bubbles21112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
TheDruidBear

You may need to get a shuffler and a card shoe, like in Vegas....but you can put them ALL together. I saw a picture from a Europe convention where they used ALL the games and expansions in a single game. It was AWESOME LOOKING; I am just glad I was not the one running it.
TheDruidBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

There have been other discussions about card shufflers, which I find to be a great idea, but the consensus has been that most card shufflers are too strong for our cards and will destroy them.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Lewis View Post
There have been other discussions about card shufflers, which I find to be a great idea, but the consensus has been that most card shufflers are too strong for our cards and will destroy them.
Yeah, I would LOVE to get an automatic shuffler, but the reviews I read for them are all VERY mixed (and they are using them to shuffle standard cards for the most part, not Munchkin ones) which makes it sound like having the shuffler break, or mangle cards, is not uncommon. If I was just shuffling regular packs of cards, having that happen occasionally would be a minor annoyance, but with something like Munchkin, the first time it mangled cards I'd be out quite a bit more money trying to replace stuff. So my nervousness has prevented me from getting one.

In my dream world, there would be some way to combine the ability for a computer to easily randomize virtual cards with the ability for a group to physically sit around a table and play a game. Shuffling is tedious, yet card games (or board games that include cards) are fun.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
TheDruidBear

Sounds like something SJ could "kickstart".

*ducking all the Ogre scraps now being thrown my way* ;)
TheDruidBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #9
AlanS78

We play with base plus expansions 2,3,4,5,7,8 - #8 specifies not overloading the cards, so we took some of those out before adding them to the decks.
We just split the Door and Treasure cards in half and paly with one half per game.
AlanS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #10
Anaraxes

Once your forklift can no longer lift the cards into the back of your truck to drive to the game, you have too many.

Once Phil Reed contacts you to see if they could increase your game room by a small percentage and use it instead of Warehouse 23 for inventory, you have too many.

When Astro-Muskrat Space Pirates land and complain that their favorite 3D feelyvision program is getting interference from the gravity waves caused by reshuffling your deck, you have too many.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote