Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2017, 08:46 PM   #4301
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Sunae quickly moves towards her prey. She will not let him get away, especially not after coming close to ruining the party.

She knows he will try to get away. She knows he will try to manipulate things in his favor. But she knows things about the party and the people that he doesn't. Keeping all of that in mind, she continues to move towards him signaling to Cameron to do her thing and make the party happen.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #4302
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He sees some rather purposeful people moving towards him and considers running but pauses. ... Phaeton clearly irritates him, but he's game enough to ask the crowd to give him a runway and then cup his hands for the leaping demigod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch will, if close enough, reach up and attempt to shove him out of the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
She knows he will try to get away. She knows he will try to manipulate things in his favor. But she knows things about the party and the people that he doesn't. Keeping all of that in mind, she continues to move towards him signaling to Cameron to do her thing and make the party happen.
Von Galen sees Sunae headed towards him, Corat and Ryuki making their way there, and Mitch prepared to block Phaeton's leap and puts his hands down, shaking his head. Instead he throws an arms around the two people closest to him and holds them close, affectionately. Phaeton is miffed, his glorious exit blocked. Instead he looks to the sky and says "Auntie", but no one appears to be answering.

"Go home, Phaeton." Von Galen says it calmly and with heart.

"Yeah!" someone in the crowd pipes up. "Go home, Phaeton. You're drunk!" There's some laughter and a few yeahs, and Phaeton looks disappointed.

"What about the horses?"

Von Galen clearly understands, but the people around him don't. He pauses, trying to strike the right tone to please the cool kids without slamming down the wayward demigod. "They'll be fine."

"Fine, I'm going," but he hasn't figured out which exit offers less resistance, walking out or just vanishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"That's it. Easy, fella." Confidence is everything in calming a horse, Kane knows, and he doesn't expect it's much different with an ethereal . He continues to sing low and gentle as he rides (Singing), all the while projecting calm and assurance (Emote) while still keeping a steady hand on his mount. (Driving, especially if it can also be interpreted as riding.)

As things settle -- or even if they don't -- Kane looks for something solid and well-rooted to anchor the vehicle to, an improvised hitching post he can use once he knows it won't panic the spirit inside.

(OOC: If in the course of calming the spirit, Kane uses three "artistic" skills in a row -- certainly the Singing, maybe even the Emote since it's a performance -- he'll regenerate 1 Essence.)
((Used Tarot instead of dice))
Horses like these you calm but never really tame. These--yes, it's more than one under that hood--two or maybe four. They calm for now but there is fire in their 'blood'. There's a trick to mastering these beasts: confidence yes, music and assurances, but force will only get rebellion. They're not panicked, and never were.
Tie-downs, the only realistic option there are tent stakes, which are plentiful. The people around are deciding whether this is an opportunity to get away from danger or to get closer to some fascinating hardware.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-04-2017 at 04:50 AM. Reason: thought of something
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:24 AM   #4303
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Von Galen sees Sunae headed towards him, Corat and Ryuki making their way there, and Mitch prepared to block Phaeton's leap and puts his hands down, shaking his head. Instead he throws an arms around the two people closest to him and holds them close, affectionately. Phaeton is miffed, his glorious exit blocked. Instead he looks to the sky and says "Auntie", but no one appears to be answering.

"Go home, Phaeton." Von Galen says it calmly and with heart.

"Yeah!" someone in the crowd pipes up. "Go home, Phaeton. You're drunk!" There's some laughter and a few yeahs, and Phaeton looks disappointed.

"What about the horses?"

Von Galen clearly understands, but the people around him don't. He pauses, trying to strike the right tone to please the cool kids without slamming down the wayward demigod. "They'll be fine."

"Fine, I'm going," but he hasn't figured out which exit offers less resistance, walking out or just vanishing.
((Impatient GM, despite knowing how much life we all have to deal with.))

Ryuki nudges Corat towards Mitch, pats both angels on the shoulder and then steps between them. "There's your answer," he says, loudly enough for Von Galen and everyone in between to hear.

Phaeton is petulant--no surprise. "There was a question?"

Ryuki rolls his eyes as if it's the stupidest thing he's ever heard. "Yes! Whether you should bring your idiot car into the middle of a dance floor."

The car is apparently offended. Bad choice of words there.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:35 AM   #4304
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Sunae sees Von Galen and realizes that he is about to make a move. She does the only thing she can think of.

"COWARD! You try to ruin the party and you don't have the balls to man up? Is this what Odin preaches? Swing your non-existent manhood around and hide behind others when they call you out? And you call yourself a warrior, HA! You can't even face a woman!"

It's a bold move, but it's a challenge to his lord and to his masculinity he cannot ignore. And to issue this challenge in such a public arena? Can he afford to lose face here in front of so many?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:50 PM   #4305
Puck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae sees Von Galen and realizes that he is about to make a move. She does the only thing she can think of.

"COWARD! You try to ruin the party and you don't have the balls to man up? Is this what Odin preaches? Swing your non-existent manhood around and hide behind others when they call you out? And you call yourself a warrior, HA! You can't even face a woman!"

It's a bold move, but it's a challenge to his lord and to his masculinity he cannot ignore. And to issue this challenge in such a public arena? Can he afford to lose face here in front of so many?
Mitch looks around at the crowd and slips over to Sunae "Are you sure it's wise to challenge him here? Think of who could get hurt."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #4306
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch looks around at the crowd and slips over to Sunae "Are you sure it's wise to challenge him here? Think of who could get hurt."
"He's trying something. It'll distract him long enough for you guys to step in."

But Mitch's words make her stop and think for a moment. She looks at Von Galen then she looks at the car.

"I just realized that you are right. I should think of who could get hurt. I should think of what's important. And I just realized that he isn't important to me at all. Thank you Mitch"

She goes to the car and looks at it. She reaches out and touches the hood and runs her fingers over it. Even as it fights her she still continues to touch it gently and caress it. Then she starts to speak to it softly

"How can you allow a fool like Phaeton to command you? He's not worthy of your beauty, your power, your majesty. I understand now what an honor it is to be so close to you. Please ... allow me to indulge my senses. You're so beautiful ... I'm in rapture."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 11-15-2017 at 10:45 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #4307
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Longmont, CO
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Kane carefully lets Sunae "take the reins," stepping clear when he's sure Phaeton won't bolt. He looks at Von Galen and then at Mitch and Corat. He mouths one word to the two angels, an unsounded question.

"Permission?"

For a Malakite who is not the leader of the party, the answer to that one word can bind or loose.
__________________
“It's not railroading if you offer the PCs tickets and they stampede to the box office, waving their money. Metaphorically speaking”
--Elizabeth McCoy, In Nomine Line Editor

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #4308
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae sees Von Galen and realizes that he is about to make a move. She does the only thing she can think of.

"COWARD! You try to ruin the party and you don't have the balls to man up? Is this what Odin preaches? Swing your non-existent manhood around and hide behind others when they call you out? And you call yourself a warrior, HA! You can't even face a woman!"

It's a bold move, but it's a challenge to his lord and to his masculinity he cannot ignore. And to issue this challenge in such a public arena? Can he afford to lose face here in front of so many?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"He's trying something. It'll distract him long enough for you guys to step in."

But Mitch's words make her stop and think for a moment. She looks at Von Galen then she looks at the car.

"I just realized that you are right. I should think of who could get hurt. I should think of what's important. And I just realized that he isn't important to me at all. Thank you Mitch"

She goes to the car and looks at it. She reaches out and touches the hood and runs her fingers over it. Even as it fights her she still continues to touch it gently and caress it. Then she starts to speak to it softly

"How can you allow a fool like Phaeton to command you? He's not worthy of your beauty, your power, your majesty. I understand now what an honor it is to be so close to you. Please ... allow me to indulge my senses. You're so beautiful ... I'm in rapture."
Phaeton (the demigod, not the horses) tries to blend in with the crowd. ((Anyone tracking/pursuing him? Glen? Cameron?)) The horses love the attention, and while the car still shimmies a little it's quite pacified. The engine purrs.

Von Galen has had his manhood questioned and his...well, the horses were stolen by that girl, and he's not taking it well at all. Still, he's not an idiot.

"I'm not hiding." He steps forward of his companions, but not very far forward. "Good to see you appreciate a fine car. That's what we're all here for, after all, fine cars." He waits for the yeahs from the crowd, but they're weak. "And fine bodies," which gets a little laugh--he's a bit short for most of the women here, "and fine music" which gets DJ Cameron a cheer, "and---" but he's interrupted by the dialogue with Kane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane carefully lets Sunae "take the reins," stepping clear when he's sure Phaeton won't bolt. He looks at Von Galen and then at Mitch and Corat. He mouths one word to the two angels, an unsounded question.

"Permission?"

For a Malakite who is not the leader of the party, the answer to that one word can bind or loose.
Corat nods a yes. He does so immediately by human standards, but for an Ofanite it was like he'd pondered it for an hour. On the bright side he did not in fact ponder it for an hour, so he's got some of his mojo back.

Ryuki, however, can read lips. "No," he says out loud, interrupting Von Galen, facing vaguely in the direction of the three angels so as not to give any one away. "He's leaving."
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-19-2017 at 06:18 AM. Reason: clarifying timing
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:16 PM   #4309
ladyarcana55
 
ladyarcana55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellflower, CA
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Phaeton (the demigod, not the horses) tries to blend in with the crowd. ((Anyone tracking/pursuing him? Glen? Cameron?)) The horses love the attention, and while the car still shimmies a little it's quite pacified. The engine purrs.
"Oh...I so love that sound!"

Sunae is ignoring everything around her and is focusing solely on the car. She continues to give them a lover's caress. Her fingers exploring every curve, every crevice while her palms follow every plane. She even leans on the hood to reach the areas that are a bit far for her. As she does so, there are men that take advantage of it to look up her short skirt.

"Why in the world would he bring you here, at the place where people will spill drinks on you or bump into you or damage you? You should be at the show floor where everyone can marvel at you and treat you with the respect you deserve. But no matter. They will make way for you. I'll see to that."

She begins to make her way around the car. She takes her time as she touches and caresses the car.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:27 AM   #4310
tHEhERETIC
 
tHEhERETIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Life imitates art--I'm in Pohang
Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Oh...I so love that sound!"

Sunae is ignoring everything around her and is focusing solely on the car.
Von Galen seems relieved that the immediate challenge is off, and is not inclined to challenge Ryuki. After all, Phaeton is just leaving.
__________________
Criminy...these two have enough issues, they can sell subscriptions! (ladyarcana55, in a PM)
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
in nomine

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.