Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 04-22-2019, 09:44 PM   #1
pmpappas

Default Trouble accessing user settings and sending PM's.

Hello,

I'm having the same problems accessing user settings and sending private messages on Android with Chrome / Firefox and on Win 10 with Chrome / Firefox / Explorer. I'm a relatively new user with only a few posts so maybe I'm missing something. I tried searching through the FAQ but made no progress

If I try to access Edit Your Details or Edit Options on the User Control Panel I get "pmpappas, you do not have permission to access this page." Etc. etc.

If I click on a underlined username in a post to send a private message, I get a drop down box with the Username (which has no effect if clicked), View Public Profile, Find More Posts, and Add to Your Contacts. The latter three do work if clicked, buy I have no way to send a PM

Am I doing something wrong (probably) or is there a problem with my account? I hate to bother you with this but I'm getting nowhere fast.

Thanks in advance for your help! It's greatly appreciated!

pmpappas
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Trouble accessing user settings and sending PM's.

Users under a certain (low) post threshold have restricted privileges as an anti-spam measure. Once that threshold is reached, the automated system will give you full privileges the next time it runs a check on the database.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:27 PM   #3
pmpappas

Default Re: Trouble accessing user settings and sending PM's.

Thanks for the fast (and late night) reply! An experienced member and I have been trying to move a Munchkin conversation that started off site to the forum via PM's, to no avail. I knew I had to be missing something. Guess I'll have to find more to say. ;-) I've got questions about some promos I've picked up but honestly worry I'll cross an IP line without realizing it. I sure hope not. Speaking of hope, let's hope this post counts toward the threshold. ;-) Thanks again!
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote