Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 02-23-2018, 03:08 PM   #21
Ulairi

Default Re: Rarity level of cards and distrubution thereof

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We don’t guarantee a specific mix because it’s not a consistent mix across all boosters. There’s at least one rare or higher rarity card per pack. After that, common and uncommon card slots _may_ be replaced with a different rarity.
Can you get to the point when chase cards (cards beyond R) replace an uncommon?

I know when Magic started having chase cards outside of the C, U, R, they. Did it that way
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #22
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
Can you get to the point when chase cards (cards beyond R) replace an uncommon?
Maybe. Something to keep in mind that we're working six months out; the August release heads to print very soon. The lead time on projects is greater than many realize; anything we decide today won't be reflected in sets for several months.

At the moment, we guarantee one rare or higher rarity card per pack. Some packs, as many have found, include more than one.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:13 PM   #23
thor0298

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Maybe. Something to keep in mind that we're working six months out; the August release heads to print very soon. The lead time on projects is greater than many realize; anything we decide today won't be reflected in sets for several months.

At the moment, we guarantee one rare or higher rarity card per pack. Some packs, as many have found, include more than one.

I have to say after opening two boxes, you get a lot more rates than any other ccg I have played. I was amazed to see you almost average two per pack. It isn’t quite every pack but I think my second box it was all but three. Personally, knowing the distribution for this isn’t as important to me since you get so many more
thor0298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:54 AM   #24
Bithlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
I know when Magic started having chase cards outside of the C, U, R, they. Did it that way
No they didn't. Mythic Rares (the only rarity above rare) replace the rare slot in a pack. Foil cards (which are basically the magic version of alt art) replace the land slot in a pack.
Bithlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #25
andyscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
No they didn't. Mythic Rares (the only rarity above rare) replace the rare slot in a pack. Foil cards (which are basically the magic version of alt art) replace the land slot in a pack.
Foils in mtg replace a common. Which is actually super annoying in draft since most stores tell players to take the lands out but then have to remind players to leave in foil lands so pack distribution ends up the same.
andyscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:34 AM   #26
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor0298 View Post
Personally, knowing the distribution for this isn’t as important to me since you get so many more
Good luck with your pulls! If you find an Ace of Spades, please make sure to rip it to bits and share pics with the world. Or, I guess, keep it for your collection. (Though my way is more entertaining.)
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #27
Bithlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyscout View Post
Foils in mtg replace a common. Which is actually super annoying in draft since most stores tell players to take the lands out but then have to remind players to leave in foil lands so pack distribution ends up the same.
Hmm, I could have sworn they replaced the land slot. Oh well, my bad :). But, I *do* know that the stores are bringing that on themselves since the lands aren't supposed to be removed before drafting.
Bithlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #28
pandoras box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
Hmm, I could have sworn they replaced the land slot. Oh well, my bad :). But, I *do* know that the stores are bringing that on themselves since the lands aren't supposed to be removed before drafting.
Actually at a MTG Draft, basic lands are supposed to be removed along with tokens. (7.7 Booster Draft Procedures
All players must open and draft the same type of booster at the same time. Players open their first booster pack and count the cards face down, removing token cards, rules cards, and any other non- game cards. Players who receive an erroneous number of card s at any time must immediately notify a judge. After picking up the booster, players should remove and keep any non- foil Plains, Island , Swamp, Mountain, or Forest basic land cards and/or any other cards that are not legal to use in the draft . Foil basic land cards should be left in the booster and drafted with the other cards. Players choose one card from their current booster pack and then pass the remaining cards face down to the player on their left until all cards are drafted. Once a player has removed a card from the pack and put it on top of his or her single, front face -down drafted pile, it is considered selected and may not be returned to the pack.)

I was hoping/expecting to find distribution rates as well, similar to the common knowledge that in MTG a Mythic replaces the rare at a rate of about 1 in 8.
pandoras box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #29
steverogers

This is my 5 box breakdown:

Box1 25R 14X 1V 1W
Box2 21R 17X 5V 2W
Box3 24R 15X 3V 1W
Box4 24R 11X 6V 1W
Box5 21R 16X 3V 3W
Old 03-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #30
collinc

Interesting. I wonder if anyone has opened a (T) yet.
collinc is offline   Reply With Quote