Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-27-2017, 04:54 AM   #11
Ronnke

Default Re: Print-On-Demand: GURPS Martial Arts, Powers, Rogues, and Warriors

Fantastic! Many thanks, SJG. I hope the PoD experiment continues and we see more titles back in print.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:12 AM   #12
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: GURPS Martial Arts, Powers, Rogues, Warriors now available as print-on-demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
They've made it to Amazon UK, so I've ordered.
Arrived yesterday, to the usual excellent standard. I've started putting hardcovers away, since they're going to be much harder to replace if I wear them out.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:20 AM   #13
JMason

I love seeing that POD has extended to 3rd edition books, but I wonder what the process was that picked these two books. I own them both and think they are great books... but they are template books that IMO don't hold a lot of value for the majority of GURPS players (who have converted to 4th edition). Books with more setting and "fluff" would seem to be the better bet.

Unless of course that's the whole point, and this is being use to judge how much 3rd edition "crunch" demand there is....
Old 06-27-2017, 07:11 AM   #14
Phil Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMason View Post
I love seeing that POD has extended to 3rd edition books, but I wonder what the process was that picked these two books. I own them both and think they are great books... but they are template books that IMO don't hold a lot of value for the majority of GURPS players (who have converted to 4th edition). Books with more setting and "fluff" would seem to be the better bet.
I'd tend to agree. These aren't the first two 3e books I'd choose either.

But I guess that they aren't just template books; they're also quite large collections of sometimes rather cool NPCs. Maybe there's a perceived demand for that.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:26 AM   #15
GM Joe

Default Re: GURPS Martial Arts, Powers, Rogues, Warriors now available as print-on-demand

I received my copies yesterday as well, and in addition to being pleased with the quality of the books, I was surprised to see GURPS Update included in the back of GURPS Warriors.

It's a newly edited edition, and it's included so you can update the book's templates and characters to 4e. It's a nice inclusion for those who don't have a copy of GURPS Update and for those who just want one handy when they're using the book. Kudos!

(I assume it's included in the POD edition of GURPS Rogues as well, but I didn't need a new copy of that so didn't order it.)
Old 06-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #16
GM Joe

I needed a new copy of GURPS Warriors, so I bought the POD version. It now includes GURPS Update, so you have a copy of that handy if you want to use the book with 4e. Nice!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:33 AM   #17
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
These aren't the first two 3e books I'd choose either.
We're in the experimental stage and need hard sales information. As with everything we've put into print for GURPS in the last year, these titles are providing us with info that tells us how to best proceed with the line.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:34 AM   #18
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnke View Post
I hope the PoD experiment continues and we see more titles back in print.
That will all depend on sales. The best way to see more titles? Share the info on the existing books, buy the existing books, and show us that there's a large enough market to make the effort worth staff hours.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #19
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
(I assume it's included in the POD edition of GURPS Rogues as well, but I didn't need a new copy of that so didn't order it.)
It certainly is - I received my copy of Rogues yesterday, and was pleased to make the same discovery. Putting the "convert to 4E" rules in there is a damned good idea - it shows that all the NPCs in the book are still entirely useable in 4E with just pretty small changes, for one thing, which people not deeply steeped in GURPS might not know.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #20
GM Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
It certainly is - I received my copy of Rogues yesterday, and was pleased to make the same discovery. Putting the "convert to 4E" rules in there is a damned good idea - it shows that all the NPCs in the book are still entirely useable in 4E with just pretty small changes, for one thing, which people not deeply steeped in GURPS might not know.
I love it! What a great idea.

Tags
createspace, gurps, pod, print on demand