Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #11
hal

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#37): Cybernetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Enhanced senses is full of crunch with multiple possible uses. I'd rate it as a very so0lid suppleent for many potential users. Even ones who "don't do that Powers thing" can take items out of it as is.
Thanks Fred. My wallet hates you, but my mind appreciates you exist.

:)

A while back I tried to figure a way to have a unified senses system using GURPS MYSTERY plus a few other supplements. If this saves me work, then it is worth it. That it has Cybernetics in it is what caught my eye in this thread, which in turn, because I'm running a Cyberpunk campaign via FG2, is pertinent to my needs.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:59 PM   #12
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

I'm thinking that the fairest way to treat Cybernetics that represent devices which are available as non-implants is to price them as a combination of Signature Gear and Payload required to both own and 'carry' it.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #13
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
I'm thinking that the fairest way to treat Cybernetics that represent devices which are available as non-implants is to price them as a combination of Signature Gear and Payload required to both own and 'carry' it.
Even for eyes? A single point of payload for a ST 10 character is 2 lbs. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that GURPS ULTRATECH lists the weight. In addition, those with higher ST values will get more bang for the buck with the single point's worth of "Payload". Someone with a ST of 15 will have 4.5 times as much more capacity than someone with a ST of 10.

Another reason why I don't much like the pricing costs for Cybernetics in ULTRATECH is the fact that one bionic eye or ear is worth more as a disadvantage than are 2. That's counter-intuitive to me. <shrug>

We probably should take this to a different thread than to continue to diverge from the "advantage of the week" thread.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:52 PM   #14
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
A while back I tried to figure a way to have a unified senses system using GURPS MYSTERY plus a few other supplements. If this saves me work, then it is worth it. That it has Cybernetics in it is what caught my eye in this thread, which in turn, because I'm running a Cyberpunk campaign via FG2, is pertinent to my needs.
It won't. At least not that I have found. sorry.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #15
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
A while back I tried to figure a way to have a unified senses system using GURPS MYSTERY plus a few other supplements. If this saves me work, then it is worth it.
Sadly, the sense roll modifiers in Mysteries are inconsistent with those in other GURPS supplements.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage, advantage of the week, cybernetics, week, [basic]