Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
Pip Boy

Default Re: [Disadvantages] Procrastinator

Look, I'm a SERIOUS procrastinator. Since I was a boy.

And I'll give just my two cents... but not now.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
Miles

Use Laziness as written. Add a quirk-level Delusion "I'll get around to it eventually"

Done.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #13
JCurwen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Use Laziness as written. Add a quirk-level Delusion "I'll get around to it eventually"

Done.
I don't really like Laziness, as written. Strictly speaking, mechanically it just affects one's income-earning job. One could argue that the same halving might apply to time spent doing things (like studying), but that's a huge leap. Laziness seems to represent slacking off on the thing you do for a living. It's not written as a general slothful resistance to any sort of action.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #14
Ultraviolet

If you really want to go all out on design of this advantage, add a table to roll on so see what you actually do whenever you procrastinate.
Like me, right now. I'm at work, but apparently rolled 'Browse and post on SJgames Forum'. ;)

But seriously, this does differ from Laziness. And I'd consider some form of 'backward reaching' effect. I mean, most people get things done, little tings which take little time or effort and more importantly don't occur in play. But at some point *not* having done it could have consequences.
So if everyone else is assumed to maintain and reload their firearms between scenes, the Procastinator may have postponed doing it, and actually gets caught unprepared. Now *that's* a Disadvantage. A bit like when an Absent Minded person finds himself having forgotten to do something once the critical situation occurs. But the Procrastinator didn't forget it, he just didn't do it yet. And he realizes this when he first suspects he may need his gun (so he may have time for a rapid reload just as combat is starting) while the forgetful type doesn't realize it until his jun clicks.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #15
Sunrunners_Fire

I'd call it a Compulsive Behavior [-5*]. Compare with the other compulsive categories with the same disadvantage value if you believe that to be too little.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disadvantage, extra sleep, laziness, procrastinate, procrastination