Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #491
Leonidas
Banned

Default Re: Kickstarter - Ogre Miniatures Set 1

The minis have arrived.

The minis have arrived at destination.

Confirmed.

++++++++++++++++
Tomorrow night I will try the minis. I will post a report in the Ogre in Italy thread.

Supercool dice. I got a simple mini set and a reversed color set. Got cards, got dice. Perfect.
++++++++++++++++
The minis have arrived.

The minis have arrived at destination.

Confirmed.

(Automated message)
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:04 AM   #492
pzmcgwire

I'm curious if people are painting the glow in the dark miniatures? Would you paint it fully or leave parts exposed to glow?

If painting them fully, that reminds me of when I was at UT and people were taking pictures with Bevo. One family had everyone stand in front of Bevo, obscuring him completely in the photo.
pzmcgwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:36 AM   #493
sparky00

While I am, slowly, painting my standard set (blue units, red Ogres), I have no plans to paint the GITD set. They will stay as-is.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #494
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzmcgwire View Post
I'm curious if people are painting the glow in the dark miniatures?
I've considered doing a little line work with a sharpie. Nothing I can't rinse off with alcohol.

I'm pondering painting some of the not-glowing ones with some other (not green) gitd paint. I haven't even started down that path yet.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #495
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
I've considered doing a little line work with a sharpie. Nothing I can't rinse off with alcohol.

I'm pondering painting some of the not-glowing ones with some other (not green) gitd paint. I haven't even started down that path yet.
Check out Gundam markers.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #496
Desert Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzmcgwire View Post
I'm curious if people are painting the glow in the dark miniatures? Would you paint it fully or leave parts exposed to glow?

If painting them fully, that reminds me of when I was at UT and people were taking pictures with Bevo. One family had everyone stand in front of Bevo, obscuring him completely in the photo.
I'm painting mine. I got these models during the Kickstarter because I need additional Ogres, and the glow-in-the dark minis were what was available.

P.S. Gig 'em! :)
Old 06-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #497
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scribe View Post
P.S. Gig 'em! :)
Profanity is not allowed on these forums. Please be more careful of your language in the future.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:23 PM   #498
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scribe View Post
I'm painting mine. I got these models during the Kickstarter because I need additional Ogres, and the glow-in-the dark minis were what was available.
Somehow I've ended up with several copies of each color, so I'm keeping one GitD set au naturale and the rest are paint bait.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:45 AM   #499
Knockman

(OK, utterly lost on me - why is Desert Scribe's PM profane?? I don't want anyone getting into trouble explaining it here, so maybe hunt me down on BGG or FB sometime.)

I'm probably going to do the same as ColB, keep one set 'as-is', but the overall aim was always to paint them up for Ogre wargaming.

I'm still considering whether to offer these up with anyone who might want a straight one-for-one trade who really wants more GitD stuff.

And, if the Set 2 Minis can colour-match the red and blue plastic used, I may just keep some of the red & blue Set 1 unpainted, so I have them reserved just for demo games.

I will say that the plastic is really easy to work with. I had a MkV that was slightly misshapen on the sprue - probably an injection moulding wrinkle - so I decided to see what I could do with it after some basic kit-bashing & modding. A decent pair of snips and a real sharp blade, and you can easily get quite creative. It's come out OK, will undercoat it later today and then get painting it up - and I've already come up with a background story for what I've created!! More on that some other time.

So now, I'm considering what I can get away with in doing similar alterations/modifications on one of the MkIIIs.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #500
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockman View Post
(OK, utterly lost on me - why is Desert Scribe's PM profane?? I don't want anyone getting into trouble explaining it here, so maybe hunt me down on BGG or FB sometime.)
I can't say for certain, but a quick Google search leads me to believe that Andrew is not a fan of Texas A&M (the term is associated with that school and it's supporters)...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote