Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #31
DarkSeraph

Default Re: Rumour is there's a new Superior PDF this month

The Library is linked to all accounts... :P
DarkSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #32
Glamourweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Well, eventually, it'll be revealed... O:>
See now we know that it can't be Litheroy as if it was they'd have to be direct & honest giving as full an answer as possible even in the face of contractual restrictions!

In stead they're PROTECTING the answer... clearly its Zadkiel...
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #33
DarkSeraph

Just because not many others have done so, I'll bet on Children.

Incidentially, I'd really really like to see a writeup on Jean. There's such great potential in Lightning. (And how do you pronounce his name, anyway? Like the French do?)
DarkSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #34
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Just since subscribers to the mailing list could probably google this up anyway...

The only two Superiors in queue at the moment are Zadkiel and Litheroy. Asmodeus is entering playtest in the next couple of days.

I want a Jean writeup as well. However, in the interests of marital harmony and the author keeping his job, I can't chain him in the basement and wait for a first draft to appear.

I tend to pronounce his name the American way. Naughty me. I'm sure it should be the French way.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:30 PM   #35
alduc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
I tend to pronounce his name the American way. Naughty me. I'm sure it should be the French way.
Speaking of which... has anybody ever told you Laurence is a woman's name?
alduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:54 PM   #36
iamevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alduc
Speaking of which... has anybody ever told you Laurence is a woman's name?
Laurence is a guys name too. I know this since a friend of mine goes by that name.

As far as IN stuff, I too would like to see Jean get a write up. He just seems like a very important superior who has been pased by. I also put Marc and Novelis in the same catagories.
iamevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #37
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamevan
Laurence is a guys name too. I know this since a friend of mine goes by that name.

As far as IN stuff, I too would like to see Jean get a write up. He just seems like a very important superior who has been pased by. I also put Marc and Novelis in the same catagories.
Yeah... Jean, Marc, and Novalis are my three most eagerly-awaited Superiors. With Sup1's thumb on the scale, the list of Archangels with an extended writeup released so far reads like someone cut the faces of the Peace Faction out of the Seraphim Council group photo. (To answer possible objections, Yves isn't a member of either, Blandine is Peace, true, but tries to stay out of that stuff and works in the Marches, and Eli is out of town somewhere.)

Regarding the name, I usually pronounce it "zhaan", the French way. The notion of pronouncing it "jeen" suddenly made me realize that Jean's writeup will probably include some very interesting information about Jeanne, and the history of women in academia.

Of late, I've been having the fierce urge to pronounce his name "Rehael," but my players aren't interested in a Cabal crossover... ;^)
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:32 AM   #38
Glamourweaver

And I'm rather curious to learn what Jean was in charge of in the days when Gabriel was overseeing Divine Inspiration & Raphael was set over research, academia, & the expansion of human knowledge & ideas. My bet is that Jean used to do alot more in the Vengence of the Lord area before Gabriel started to slip & took that over and he picked up the slack in Divine Inspiration.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:10 AM   #39
Padre

Welle we know canononicallt that he was involved in gathering the worlds knowledge along with Yves and Raphael, since at least 100 million BC. So that aspect of his Word has existed for at least that long - predating humans even.

We also know he was involved in aiding the human discovery of fire.

So it seems Jean's always been about that flash of insight, the fow of energy from place to place, and the appliance of science.

THe interaction between Fire and Lightning as metaphors (and their interaction with Light) is an interesting one. Both bring Light - one does it with cold precision, the other with unfocused spread. One flashes briefly, then stops - the other can rage uncontrollably, or burn continually. One warms and can be domesticated easily (althoug never fully dominated) - the otherdefied capture by human ingenuity until the last century or so.

Given how the human discovery of fire almost certainly went, Fire and Lightning are also inextricably linked in the minds of early man.

Hmm, now I'm wondering about a possible Gabriel/Jean love story... but what would Raphael have thought?
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:21 AM   #40
Glamourweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
Welle we know canononicallt that he was involved in gathering the worlds knowledge along with Yves and Raphael, since at least 100 million BC. So that aspect of his Word has existed for at least that long - predating humans even.

We also know he was involved in aiding the human discovery of fire.

So it seems Jean's always been about that flash of insight, the fow of energy from place to place, and the appliance of science.

THe interaction between Fire and Lightning as metaphors (and their interaction with Light) is an interesting one. Both bring Light - one does it with cold precision, the other with unfocused spread. One flashes briefly, then stops - the other can rage uncontrollably, or burn continually. One warms and can be domesticated easily (althoug never fully dominated) - the otherdefied capture by human ingenuity until the last century or so.

Given how the human discovery of fire almost certainly went, Fire and Lightning are also inextricably linked in the minds of early man.

Hmm, now I'm wondering about a possible Gabriel/Jean love story... but what would Raphael have thought?
Well, Raphael being somewhat of the quintessential Elohite in my mind was not one for specific relations. Much more into unbiased universal love (I know its a horrible movie, especially the love scenes, & I regret invoking it, but Adikan's explanation of the Jedi's view on love in "Attack of the Clones" is how I imagine Raphael). So I doubt (s)he would have been at all jealous, though perhaps concerned for the balance & objectivity of her fellow Elohite (not just in that he'd have been in a specific "biased" relationship, but it was with the literal incarnation of uncontrolled passion...)

Just want to say though I love the fact that were that the case, Heaven's two most high profile examples of romantic relationships were with beings IDENTIFYING as the same sex (Blandine/Beleth, Jean/Gabriel [who was "male" at the time]), a fact that I'm sure Laurence, Dominic, & Khalid absolutely LOVE to be reminded of as often as possible... or so Eli claims :)

Tags
meta