Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
JCurwen3

Default Re: [Divine Favor] Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
What about the rule that target of Affliction with Malediction can waive his resist roll? (p. P40)
Then it's based on success of the "attacker's" Will roll (unless they've also used based on other attribute or skill). And that's not necessary if you use Fixed Duration, 0%, from Psionic Powers, then you don't even need to roll for duration, it's fixed for each use
Old 10-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
What about the rule that target of Affliction with Malediction can waive his resist roll? (p. P40)
That's fine, but then it's based only on the paragon's margin of success. I was trying to give the OP a means to "munchkin" some bonuses to make this super-effective. By adding the paragon's successes to the subject's HT roll, any subject with HT 11+ will get better results (on average) than if he simply relied on the paragon.

Another, perhaps more effective, method: Add Malediction 1 (to allow the subject to waive the roll and depend on just the paragon's roll), Cosmic, No die roll required (so the paragon auto-succeeds), Fixed Duration (+0%, so the effect lasts for exactly three minutes), and then perhaps a level of Extended Duration if you're really concerned about having enough time. That'd work as well, and you could tailor the Extended Duration to whatever level you wanted, instead of relying on bonuses for more time.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
That's fine, but then it's based only on the paragon's margin of success. I was trying to give the OP a means to "munchkin" some bonuses to make this super-effective. By adding the paragon's successes to the subject's HT roll, any subject with HT 11+ will get better results (on average) than if he simply relied on the paragon.

Another, perhaps more effective, method: Add Malediction 1 (to allow the subject to waive the roll and depend on just the paragon's roll), Cosmic, No die roll required (so the paragon auto-succeeds), Fixed Duration (+0%, so the effect lasts for exactly three minutes), and then perhaps a level of Extended Duration if you're really concerned about having enough time. That'd work as well, and you could tailor the Extended Duration to whatever level you wanted, instead of relying on bonuses for more time.
Fixed Duration (+0%) should be fine. Three minutes is enough to always regenerate to 100% of HP, from -5xHP, due to the way Regeneration scales with HP.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #14
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
Fixed Duration (+0%) should be fine. Three minutes is enough to always regenerate to 100% of HP, from -5xHP, due to the way Regeneration scales with HP.
Nearly always enough, actually. Worst case scenario is being just barely under -10xHP, actually, while being 1 HP away from the "increased healing" bonus. For example, someone with HP 19 who is at -189 HP (still rezzable, but just barely!) would require 3 minutes, 10 seconds to get back to positive HP. Given that one level of Extended Duration adds a mere 2 points to the cost of the ability and that you're already making it way more expensive by adding all of those huge enhancements (Cosmic, Malediction, etc.), I'd probably throw those 2 points on there just to cover edge cases.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #15
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Quote:
Nearly always enough, actually. Worst case scenario is being just barely under -10xHP, actually, while being 1 HP away from the "increased healing" bonus. For example, someone with HP 19 who is at -189 HP (still rezzable, but just barely!) would require 3 minutes, 10 seconds to get back to positive HP. Given that one level of Extended Duration adds a mere 2 points to the cost of the ability and that you're already making it way more expensive by adding all of those huge enhancements (Cosmic, Malediction, etc.), I'd probably throw those 2 points on there just to cover edge cases.
As written, you don't have to get back to positive HP, you only need to get "back above -HP" which I read as needing to reach at least -HP+1 in the time given. And if that is the case, you only need to heal 171 HP and that is possible in under 3 minutes.

And where do I find Fixed Duration?
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #16
Captain-Captain

Extra Life with divine favor Resurrection as the special effect also works more CP but doesn't fail at the full price either.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
As written, you don't have to get back to positive HP, you only need to get "back above -HP" which I read as needing to reach at least -HP+1 in the time given. And if that is the case, you only need to heal 171 HP and that is possible in under 3 minutes.
Oops, you're right. That'll teach me not to rely on my memory instead of opening the book. So skip Extended Duration, sure.

Quote:
And where do I find Fixed Duration?
At the moment, it exists solely in Psionic Powers.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:24 AM   #18
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
At the moment, it exists solely in Psionic Powers.
So one of the power ups is a compilation of modifiers, and fixed duration will be in!
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #19
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Can I use the Melee Attack limitation with Malediction?
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #20
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
Can I use the Melee Attack limitation with Malediction?
Yes. Obviously there's no point in using high levels of Malediction when you do; stick to Malediction 1.

Tags
divine favor, resurrection