Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 07-06-2023, 12:23 PM   #31
Juan

Default Re: Artifacts of Legend: Coming to Kickstarter May 25

We have received PDFs with the almost-final version and I just wanted to say how cool these books are.

You get fantasy artifacts you can throw in your campaign. Most of them make good final rewards after a long quest. Some are such evil you want to make sure they are not in the wrong hands.

- You get cool rumours about every Artifact. Mixing facts and false information about an object always makes it for me. It is not really legendary if skalds do not embellish the truth!
- You get interesting NPCs linked to the artifacts. People who can help or threat the delvers or even be the seed to an adventure.
- You get a new racial module (irzhajötun) with upgrade options.

- You get new spirit-binding rules. Rules for divine imbued items! Magic infused stuff! Easy personalization of power items and legendary weapons!
- Random tables to flesh out your creativity.

What I like the most is that you get TONS of adventure ideas. Inspiration is what I want an RPG book for and you find it in every page.

Super happy with my purchase.
Old 07-06-2023, 12:33 PM   #32
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
We have received PDFs with the almost-final version and I just wanted to say how cool these books are.

You get fantasy artifacts you can throw in your campaign. Most of them make good final rewards after a long quest. Some are such evil you want to make sure they are not in the wrong hands.

- You get cool rumours about every Artifact. Mixing facts and false information about an object always makes it for me. It is not really legendary if skalds do not embellish the truth!
- You get interesting NPCs linked to the artifacts. People who can help or threat the delvers or even be the seed to an adventure.
- You get a new racial module (irzhajötun) with upgrade options.

- You get new spirit-binding rules. Rules for divine imbued items! Magic infused stuff! Easy personalization of power items and legendary weapons!
- Random tables to flesh out your creativity.

What I like the most is that you get TONS of adventure ideas. Inspiration is what I want an RPG book for and you find it in every page.

Super happy with my purchase.
Thanks, Juan!

Even as the publisher, I'm very pleased with how the draft has evolved into a final, polished product with not just a "take this unique thing" catalog, but a metasystem to create your own legendary items.

The spirit-bound thing was something that came up between Marko and I as we talked about extra content for the book (though it is not unique to us, or even GURPS, to have spirits or entities locked inside of items) and I'm again very pleased with how it came out.

And of course, I cannot say enough nice things about how the art team responded to the concepts I provided. They really, really did a great job with these books.

It's not too late: Backerkit is supporting "late pledges," which means you can still get the same stuff at the same prices that happened in the Kickstarter.

We're coming down to the end of that, though, as the late pledges terminate when I order the physical copies of the books from the printer. Then it's "pre-order at retail" for the rest.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 09:21 PM   #33
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
I finally had some time today to look through them (although I've only made it through Artifacts of Legends so far), and I strongly agree. In fact, I went ahead and made an artifact for Shigran (the character I built with DtG, then threw up against some monsters from the Bestiary) - Geirverðjå. I did have to come up with a new Minor Ability to get the weapon I wanted, but that's because I tend to do weird things (in this case, it's a spear where the head can "bend" to function more like a scythe); I eyeballed the value by comparing it to some of the traits that could be reproduced with "Natural Weapons" modifiers.

Last edited by Varyon; 07-09-2023 at 09:24 PM.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 07:08 AM   #34
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
I finally had some time today to look through them (although I've only made it through Artifacts of Legends so far), and I strongly agree. In fact, I went ahead and made an artifact for Shigran (the character I built with DtG, then threw up against some monsters from the Bestiary) - Geirverðjå. I did have to come up with a new Minor Ability to get the weapon I wanted, but that's because I tend to do weird things (in this case, it's a spear where the head can "bend" to function more like a scythe); I eyeballed the value by comparing it to some of the traits that could be reproduced with "Natural Weapons" modifiers.
Nice use of external material. I can’t draw from that pool but you can. Excellent.
Old 07-10-2023, 12:39 PM   #35
DouglasCole

Last Call for Late Pledges!

I'm going to be placing the order for the print books in a few days. So this is the last chance to place late pledges and get add-ons at the Kickstarter discounted prices.