Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #41
ladyarcana55

Default Re: Torn Victor [Recruitment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneRonin View Post
I haven't heard back from anyone in the past few days.

Are you all still interested?
I still want to play and I am still working on my character. It's just been busy at work but I'll have something for you soon, I hope!
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #42
TheOneRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
I still want to play and I am still working on my character. It's just been busy at work but I'll have something for you soon, I hope!
Thanks Ladyarcana55.

I wasn't trying to rush you or anyone else. I just wanted to make sure folks are still interested.

Take your time and let me know if you have any questions about character generation.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #43
Adina

Still interested! Down with a bug so not moving very fast.

First rough sketch (This may ramble a bit.)

Ryan Marek Mahoney

Born in Chicago, the fourth son and youngest of nine children. A sprawling Catholic family of mixed heritage, Irish on his fathers side, Polish on his mothers. His father several uncles and brothers were all cops. By the age of 16 he could shoot better and knew more about police work than half the rookies coming out of the police academy. So when he turned 18 he ... joined the Marines.

<c.8-10 years in Marines>

Became a US Marshall

<2 years?>

became a US Marshalls Special Operations Group team member.

<6-8 years>

So looking at the Criminal Investigation and advanced Medic lenses; plus t either the SEAL or Marsoc lens if you go to 375.
Adina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:12 AM   #44
TheOneRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurrell View Post
Still interested! Down with a bug so not moving very fast.

First rough sketch (This may ramble a bit.)

Ryan Marek Mahoney

Born in Chicago, the fourth son and youngest of nine children. A sprawling Catholic family of mixed heritage, Irish on his fathers side, Polish on his mothers. His father several uncles and brothers were all cops. By the age of 16 he could shoot better and knew more about police work than half the rookies coming out of the police academy. So when he turned 18 he ... joined the Marines.

<c.8-10 years in Marines>

Became a US Marshall

<2 years?>

became a US Marshalls Special Operations Group team member.

<6-8 years>

So looking at the Criminal Investigation and advanced Medic lenses; plus t either the SEAL or Marsoc lens if you go to 375.
Your concept looks good overall. I think the team could really benefit from someone with a Law Enforcement background.

I found some good resources on the Marshals SOG, so I'm going to work on a career template for that. I'm not sure that either the SEAL or MARSOC career templates would really work for Marshals SOG.

One other way we could go at it is this:

4 Years USMC
5 Years MARSOC (Advanced Medic)
2 Years US Marshal
6 Years as US Marshal

That puts you right at the 35 years old age limit for joining the Special Activities Division, and you can use the MARSOC, Advanced Medic, and Criminal Investigation lenses.

Speaking of ages, I want the characters to all have at least 2 years of experience in the CIA SAD. SAD training takes about a year, so you have to tack on 3 years of age AFTER your character's Military/LEO experience. As I said above, the max age for starting CIA SAD is 35, so make sure you adjust character ages appropriately. My expectation is that everyone is going to have at least 10 years of Military/SpecOps/LEO experience prior to joining SAD.

Jmurrell, I still want to do some reading on Marshal's SOG, and I might come up with some tweaks to make sure all their relevant skills are covered.

And I'm fine with 375 points.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #45
TheOneRonin

Looks like the Marshal's SOG and the Marshals themselves do a lot of close protection work.

Unless you are completely married to the Advanced Medic lens, I would be willing to let you pick the MARSOC Career Template and then add the Criminal Investigation and Close Protection lenses. That would make a pretty good former LEO guy who skills and expertise match up well with being a former US Marshal.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #46
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Speaking of ages, I want the characters to all have at least 2 years of experience in the CIA SAD. SAD training takes about a year, so you have to tack on 3 years of age AFTER your character's Military/LEO experience. As I said above, the max age for starting CIA SAD is 35, so make sure you adjust character ages appropriately. My expectation is that everyone is going to have at least 10 years of Military/SpecOps/LEO experience prior to joining SAD.
My character is from the IDF. How would she have gotten CIA SAD training?
Old 12-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #47
TheOneRonin

Quote:
My character is from the IDF. How would she have gotten CIA SAD training?
Your character is a bit of an exception.

She should have gotten some "spy" training from the Mossad, which explains her having all the skills in the template. But you are right...she isn't a member of the US CIA. I was planning on her being a Subject Matter Expert on the particular organization you all will be hunting down, and Israel has a vested interest in this operation, so you are going to be "on loan" to the CIA.

Still, she should be between her early/mid 30s to mid 40's.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #48
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Your character is a bit of an exception.

She should have gotten some "spy" training from the Mossad, which explains her having all the skills in the template. But you are right...she isn't a member of the US CIA. I was planning on her being a Subject Matter Expert on the particular organization you all will be hunting down, and Israel has a vested interest in this operation, so you are going to be "on loan" to the CIA.
Whew!

Quote:
Still, she should be between her early/mid 30s to mid 40's.
I was going to make her 36.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #49
TheOneRonin

Quote:

I was going to make her 36.
Yup, that's about right. Someone with 18 years of military/SpecOps experience under her belt is going to have the skills and abilities necessary to do the kind of work this team is doing.

To tell you guys the truth, I thought I'd have more interest in this game than I've had. I'm willing to get started with as little as 3 players, though I'd probably increase the point values to 400 in order to get a good bit of the specialties covered.

If we don't have at least 3 people interested, I'll call it.

Let's give it another two weeks and see if anyone else wants to throw their names in the hat.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #50
TheOneRonin

I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with Douglas Cole's Blog, Gaming Ballistic, but it's a great resource, especially for some of the things we will be doing in this game.

Specifically, you guys should read his post on Slicing the Pie. This is something you guys will be doing in Torn Victor, so it's best to understand it.

It's also covered in Tactical Shooting, which you guys are familiar with, right?

Tags
action, espionage, martial arts, tactical shooting, technical grappling