Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #641
Not another shrubbery

Default [OT]Juggernaut rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
Care to explain? Even though I am admittedly a fan of the Juggernaut, just reading your words made me realize I don't care for the "mystical" elements that often pop up in the X-Men... but he's an example of just that. XD Some of what you don't like might even have game relevant mechanics. Given how his life has unfolded (and even "good" things can go very wrong), might Juggernaut qualify for Weirdness Magnet?
Well there's the mystic (and non-mutant) origin, which contrasts with the 'children of the atom' theme. He totally outclasses the original team in physical power, but is of course vulnerable to Prof. X, so he just happens to have a helmet that blocks telepathic attacks to preserve dramatic tension in conflicts involving opponents with that capability. As a brick, he's just another of multiple examples of such types of supers, and is less interesting (to me) than many from the Marvel line-up. The only time I kind of liked him was when he was hanging out with Black Tom Cassidy, but that was more because of the unusual seeming camaraderie between them... his character still bored me. Anyway, not to rain on anyone else's opinion of him as a character, it's JMO :\ ;)
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #642
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornific View Post
Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to drop the DR and upgrade Damage Reduction?

Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction) 300, +50% Cosmic (round fractions down), -10% Divine, final cost 525.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji ji View Post
Damage Resistance 30 (Hardened +4 (negates Armor Divisor (10)), +80%; Tough Skin, -40%; Divine, -10%) [195]
plus
Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction) 200, +50% Cosmic (round fractions down), -10% Divine [490]
Those are both more efficient builds. I'll note that tbock may want to have big J somewhat more vulnerable at the cost of efficiency, just to give his rebooted heroes more of a chance. Also, I think that for the purpose of modeling his (tbrock's) vision, the final point cost of the characters in the thread isn't a major concern.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #643
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Much less formidable then he came off in the appearances I remember. An intentional normalization on your part?
Mostly, I didn't have my OHODMUDEs on hand to double-check the information. I had to make some judgement calls, which I realized when I was posting him would have crippled him; the line about the Thing nearly crippling him was a last-minute as-I-was-posting addition.

I'm not happy with how he turned out; I'll be adjusting him shortly now that I dug out my OHOTMUDEs.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #644
Phantasm

MUTANT LIBERATION FRONT

The Mutant Liberation Front is a collection of superhuman criminals who are dedicated to ensuring mutantkind's continued survival by removing those who would use or abuse their positions of power to harm their kind. As such, all of the Legion's active members have mutants, though they are not opposed to having non-mutant members.

The MLF was first formed by the mutant shapeshifter Mystique and the blind mutant precog Destiny; their first recruit was their foster daughter Rogue (see Destiny; Mystique; Rogue). The rest of the Legion has tended to be comprised of superhuman mercenaries with a shifting roster; the only member other than the three founders who has been present in all cases is the super-strong mutant Frenzy (see Frenzy).

The MLF first came to public attention when they attacked and tried to assassinate SHIELD director Henry Gyrich and engineer Oliver Trask at the unveiling of SHIELD's new robotic Sentinels, only to be thwarted through the actions of the X-Men, who were in the crowd, SHIELD's Interpol liason Teresa Rourke, and the Sentinels themselves (see Bainsidhe; Gyrich; Henry Peter; Sentinels; SHIELD; Trask, Oliver; X-Men). Destiny, Rogue, Frenzy, and Mystique escaped in the chaos, though not before the MLF managed to destroy half the Sentinels that were present. At the time, the MLF consisted of the three founders, Avalanche, Pyro, and Frenzy (see Avalanche; Pyro).

The MLF has since clashed with the X-Men on two other occasions. On the first, members of the MLF – Rogue, Pyro, Frenzy, Tower, and Stinger – ambushed the X-Men in Central Park as a diversion while Mystique, Destiny, and Avalanche stole into the Federal Reserve building and made off into the Morlock tunnels with a load of gold ingots (Morlocks; Stinger; Tower).

In the second encounter, the MLF – this time consisting of Mystique, Rogue, Frenzy, Timeshadow, and Solarr – were receiving a shipment of weapons from AIM only to be caught in a fight between the X-Men and their sometimes member/sometimes adversary Mimic (see AIM; Mimic; Timeshadow; Solarr). The weapons and the payment were destroyed, and Timeshadow and Solarr were taken into custody, though the rest of the MLF escaped.

Where the Mutant Liberation Front will appear next is anyone's guess.

This team is based on Mystique's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Mystique, Destiny, Rogue, Blob, Pyro, and Avalanche) and the Alliance of Evil (Frenzy, Stinger, Timeshadow, Tower) as formed by Apocalypse in the original run of X-Factor. I am not pleased with the name of the team, but I couldn't come up with a name that didn't sound dumb. In the Reboot, I'm having Magneto in charge of the Brotherhood of Mutants, and "Alliance of Evil" just sounds even more stupid than "Lethal Legion".

I'm open to suggestions for a rename.

EDIT: Renamed from "Lethal Legion" to "Mutant Liberation Front" years ago in my master document, but only recently renamed on the forums.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.

Last edited by Phantasm; 06-28-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #645
Phantasm

LORELEI

Occupation: Mercenary, formerly a tribal storyteller and hunter.
Identity: Lorelei's existence is unknown to the general population.
Legal Status: None.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: The Savage Land.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Brotherhood of Mutants, formerly Savage Land Mutates.
Base of Operations: The Savage Land.
History: The origins of the woman known as Lorelei are currently a mystery. She was apparently born in the Savage Land, a hidden "lost world" in Antarctica, who was mutated to her current form in some as-yet unexplained manner (see Savage Land). Unlike the other Mutates, she was apparently one of the Fall People rather than one of the Swamp Men.

She and the other Savage Land Mutates first clashed with the mutant adventurers known as the X-Men on the latter's first trip to the Savage Land (see Savage Land Mutates; X-Men). The Mutates' mysterious "Master" ordered them to attack the visiting X-Men, but they were defeated.

Lorelei has since been seen with the other Savage Land Mutates in their subsequent clashes with the Avengers and the Brotherhood of Mutants (see Avengers; Brotherhood of Mutants). During the latter conflict, Lorelei betrayed the Mutates and sided with the Brotherhood, becoming their first – and to date only – non-mutant member.
Height: 5' 4".
Weight: 104 lbs.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Blond, worn down to her knees.
Uniform: None, but tends to wear long dresses that show off her cleavage.
Strength Level: Lorelei possesses the normal human strength of a woman her age, height, and build who engages in minimal exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Lorelei possesses the ability to enslave the wills of men around her through her singing; for some reason, women are immune to her powers. While she normally just uses this ability to make them docile or to fight each other, she is also able to modulate her voice to cause them to flee in terror or stand in awe of her.

150 points
Attributes:
ST 9 [-10]; DX 11 [20]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 11 [10].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d-1; BL 16 lbs.; HP 9 [0]; Will 12 [5]; Per 11 [0]; FP 11 [0]; Basic Speed 5.50 [0]; Basic Move 5 [0]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Accented Spoken/Illiterate) [2]; Savage Land Speech (Native Spoken/Illiterate) (Native Language) [-3].
Cultural Familiarities: Savage Land [0].
Advantages: Allure 4 [20]; Appearance (Beautiful) [12]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Mind Control (Accessibility: Only Affects Men, -20%; Independent, +70%; Sense-Based: Hearing (Target's Sense), -20%; Psionic, -10%) [60]; Musical Ability 1 [5]; Resistant to Disease (+8) [5]; Resistant to Poisons (+3) [5]; Social Chameleon [5]; Terror (Will-4) (Accessibility: Only Affects Men, -20%; Sense-Based: Hearing (Target's Sense), -20%; Psionic, -10%; Alternative Ability, ×1/5) [7]; Terror (Awe) (Will-4) (Accessibility: Only Affects Men, -20%; Sense-Based: Hearing (Target's Sense), -20%; Psionic, -10%; Alternative Ability, ×1/5) [7]; Voice [10]; Zeroed [10].
Perks: Penetrating Voice [1]; Perfume [1]; Sexy Pose [1].
Disadvantages: Callous [-5]; Enemy (Savage Land Mutates; Medium-Sized) (9) [-20]; Low TL -8 [-40]; Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]; Selfish (9) [-7]; Status -1 [-5]; Wealth (Poor) [-15].
Quirks: Goal (Alter Powers To Also Affect Women) [-1]; Incorrigible Flirt [-1]; Long Fingernails [-1]; Vanity [-1].
Skills: Bow (A) DX+1 [4] – 12; Dancing (A) DX+4 [2] – 15*; Mind Control (VH) Will+2 [16] – 14; Musical Influence (VH) IQ+1 [8] – 12†; Sex Appeal (A) HT+9 [1] – 20*‡§; Singing (E) HT+10 [8] – 21*†§; Survival (Jungle) (A) Per+1 [4] – 12.
Starting Spending Money: $800 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +4 from Allure.
† Includes +1 from Musical Ability.
‡ Includes +4 from Appearance.
§ Includes +2 from Voice.

Role-Playing Notes:
Lorelei never cared for the other Mutates, believing them crude and brutish. She finds some of her Brotherhood teammates no better, but she's intrigued that the Scarlet Witch holds so much power over them. Ultimately, though, Lorelei will use whoever she wishes to better her own position. She doesn't yet understand the concept of "money", but when she does she'll be certain to try to accumulate a lot of it, if only for the comforts and perceived power it brings.

Design Notes:
1. Lorelei, and all the Savage Land Mutates, have their social traits calculated for TL8 campaigns. In campaigns set entirely in the Savage Land, remove Low TL -8 and raise Wealth to Average, a net increase of 55 points, and permit them to take 100% of their Wealth as Starting Cash ($250).
2. In Year Two or Year Three, the Savage Land Mutates' Patron will be revealed as none other than Apocalypse. As I am only chronicling Year One at this time, however, GMs are free to make their mysterious Patron whoever they wish.

Last edited by Phantasm; 06-16-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #646
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
I'm open to suggestions for a rename.
...I kind of like the idea of the two groups fighting over the name, to be honest. I mean, it isn't like either is known for playing nice, and in real life organizations fight over names all the time. The fact that we are talking terrorist groups makes it even more interesting as often times multiple groups take "credit" for a successful terrorist act.

If/when Magneto "moves on" (if things unfold remotely close to the Marvel canon I remember), then the claim to the name might become even more important. The Brotherhood has had a few different leaders over the decades, iirc. When I began reading, Toad (looking and behaving very different from his past self) had actually taken the reigns.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #647
Phantasm

Updated Living Monolith to not make him as weak as he was.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #648
Phantasm

Because I'm not going to dig through the 65 pages of the thread to find one post from 3 years ago, here's a revision for....

MAGNETO

Real Name: Magnus (it is unknown whether this is his first or last name, or merely an alias).
Identity: Known to the authorities.
Legal Status: Uncertain; has a criminal record in the United States and Shi'ar Empire.
Other Aliases: Master of Magnetism.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed, although believed to be somewhere in Eastern Europe.
Marital Status: Widower (presumably).
Known Relatives: Magda (wife; believed deceased).
Group Affiliation: Leader of the Brotherhood of Mutants.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: Very little is known about the history of the man who has become known to the public as Magneto, the self-proclaimed Master of Magnetism. His accent hints at his being from Eastern Europe, and he has made a few references about a past wife, Magda, who allegedly either abandoned him or was killed at some unspecified point in the past (possibly both are pieces of the truth).

Magneto's first public activities brought him into conflict with the New York based team of mutant heroes, the X-Men, when he kidnapped a young mutant girl with unrevealed powers. The X-Men intervened and rescued the girl before Magneto's scheme could come to fruition. Following that incident, he was arrested and kept in a plastic jail cell at Ryker's Island, but managed to escape. He has since clashed several times with the X-Men, aided by a group he has named, with a certain touch of irony, the Brotherhood of Mutants (see Brotherhood of Mutants, X-Men).

It has recently been revealed that Magneto has a history of sorts with Charles Xavier, headmaster of the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters the five founding X-Men graduated from (see Xavier, Charles). The full details of the past relationship between Magnus and Xavier have yet to be revealed, however.

During one of his many confrontations with the X-Men, this one involving the enigmatic alien known as the Stranger, Magneto was captured by a Shi'ar scouting expedition and was imprisoned on their penal planet (see Shi'ar; Stranger). He recently escaped this prison planet and returned to Earth, bringing along with a cache of stolen Shi'ar technology. Using this technology to temporarily boost his powers, he set a half mile long asteroid in a stable orbit around Earth and carving out a base of operations in it for the Brotherhood's use. He hinted that he has new information to use against the X-Men's leader, Cyclops, but the nature of this information has yet to come to light (see Cyclops).
Height: 6'.
Weight: 185 lbs.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Silver.
Uniform: Red metallic mesh bodyshirt, purple metallic mesh pants, metallic purple collar, black belt, purple boots, purple gloves, purple cape, red helmet with purple trim.
Strength Level: Magneto possesses the average human strength of a man his apparent age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Magneto is a mutant who possesses the psionic power to create magnetic fields and manipulate ferrous metals. By creating a magnetic field around himself which interacts with the Earth's own magnetic field, he is able to fly. He has also shown the ability to create force fields that can deflect police gunfire around himself and his Brotherhood; it is not known if he can deflect more powerful weapons. With effort, he has been shown moving up to 400 tons of steel at once.
Other Abilities: Magneto is well-versed in many scientific fields, particularly those pertaining to genetics and psychology.
Paraphernalia: Magneto owns several helmets designed to shield his mind from telepathic scans and attacks.

Pyro: So, they say that you're the bad guy.
Magneto: Is that what they say?
Pyro: That's a dorky looking helmet. What's it for?
Magneto: This 'dorky looking helmet' is the only thing that's going to protect me against the real bad guys.
– X2: X-Men United

2,080 points
Attributes:
ST 12 [20]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs; HP 12 [0]; Will 15 [10]; Per 13 [0]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Basic Air Move 12 [0]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Accented) [4]; German (Accented) [4]; Latin (Accented) [4]; Modern Hebrew (Native) [6]; Polish (Native) (Native Language) [0]; Russian (Accented) [4].
Cultural Familiarities: Eastern European (Native); Western [1].
Advantages: Charisma 4 [20]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Control Ferrous Metals 20 (Collective, +100%; Long-Range 1, +50%; Ranged, +40%; Mutant Psionic, -10%) [840]; Damage Resistance 30 (Area Effect, 16 yds (Variable, +5%), +210%; Force Field, +20%; Limited Defense: Metals, -40%; Switchable, +10%; Mutant Psionic, -10%) [435]; Danger Sense [15]; Eidetic Memory [5]; Fit [5]; Flight (Planetary, -5%; Mutant Psionic, -10%) [34]; High Manual Dexterity 1 [5]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Immunity to Telepathy (Gadget/Breakable: DR 10, -10%; Gadget/Breakable: SM -6, -10%; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Must Be Forcibly Removed), -10%) [11]; Indomitable [15]; Magnetic Control Talent 4 [20]; Telekinesis 20 (Magnetic, -50%; Mutant Psionic, -10%) [40]; Telekinesis 15 (Magnetic, -50%; Super-Effort, +400%; Mutant Psionic, -10%) [330]; Versatile [5]; Wealth (Multimillionaire 1) [75].
Perks: Cloaked [1]; Disarming Smile [1]; Haughty Sneer [1]; Rule of 15 [1].
Disadvantages: Callous [-5]; Code of Honor (Pirate's) [-5]; Delusion ("It Is My Destiny To Lead Mutantkind") [-10]; Loner (12) [-5]; Megalomania [-10]; Obsession (Mutant Supremacy; Long-Term Goal) (9) [-15]; Sense of Duty (Mutantkind) [-15]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Stubbornness [-5].
Quirks: Antitheist [-1]; Chauvinistic [-1]; Not Until My First Cup! [-1]; Plays To Win [-1]; Proud [-1].
Skills: Detect Lies (H) Per+2 [12] – 15; Diplomacy (H) IQ-1 [2] – 12; Engineer/TL8 (Psychotronics) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14; Expert Skill (Mutants) (H) IQ+2 [12] – 15; History (20th Century Europe) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13; Intimidation (A) Will+0 [2] – 15; Inventor! (WC) IQ-1 [12] – 12; Leadership (A) IQ+5 [4] – 18*; Literature (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13; Mathematics/TL8 (Applied) (H) IQ-1 [2] – 12; Physics/TL8 (VH) IQ+1 [12] – 14; Psychologist! (WC) IQ-1 [12] – 12; Telekinetic Control (VH) IQ+5 [12] – 18†; Weird Science (VH) IQ-1 [4] – 12.
Starting Spending Money: $4,000,000 (20% Starting Wealth)

* Includes +4 from Charisma
† Includes +4 from Magnetic Control Talent.

Role-Playing Notes:
Magneto is a classic tragic hero along the lines of Shakespeare's MacBeth. He is convinced of his own superiority and his destiny, and is willing to use any means necessary to get what he wants. He has an air of nobility about him which lets him gather his Brotherhood of Mutants, but his own history has shown him that coexistence between humans and mutants is doomed to failure. He is convinced a war is brewing between various factions that would seek to control or destroy mutants, and is taking steps to push mutantkind to be ready for it, even if he has to start the war himself to ensure that mutants win.

He never factors in the rest of the superhumans into his preparations for war, but since returning from the Shi'ar Empire will attempt to sway non-mutant superhumans to his cause as well. Prior to that, he arrogantly turned aside several non-mutants who could have been sympathetic to his cause.

Design Notes
1. Level of Control Ferrous Metals is calculated based off being able to control about 2 tons (4,000 lbs) at once. As per Powers, p. 90, weight controlled is 10×(Control level squared). Solving for the Control level gives me (4000 / 10)^(1/2) = 20. Have I ever mentioned I hate math? Good thing it's nothing more strenuous than Algebra.

Last edited by Phantasm; 06-16-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #649
Phantasm

And another redo because I don't feel like digging through pages of entries.

MARVEL GIRL

Identity: Secret.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
Place of Birth: Annandale-on-Hudson, New York.
Known Relatives: John (father), Elaine (mother), Sarah (sister).
Group Affiliation: X-Men.
Base of Operations: New York City.
First Post-Reboot Appearance: (as Jean Grey) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1; (as Marvel Girl) UNCANNY X-MEN #1.
History: Marvel Girl is the younger of two girls born to John and Elaine Grey. Jean's older sister, Sarah, has to date not exhibited any mutant powers. Because of her parents' inability to help Jean with her telekinetic abilities, which manifested at a young age, they contacted Professor Xavier, who recommended that Jean attend his newly opened School for Gifted Youngsters, where she became one of the first students to attend (see Xavier, Charles; Xavier Institute). While at Xavier's, Jean also received training on her burgeoning telepathic powers.

Having recently graduated from Xavier's, Jean and several other graduates are attending Empire State University while at the same time working together as the first all-mutant superhero team, the X-Men (see X-Men). In many ways, it was her idea to form the X-Men.

Jean is pursuing a degree in fashion design, while working as a lifeguard at the school to help pay her tuition. Jean designed the X-Men's uniforms as an assignment for her design classes; she received high marks for them.

Although Jean loves her fellow X-Man Scott Summers, better known as Cyclops, and has since they were at Xavier's together, she was often annoyed at his shyness preventing him from asking her out (see Cyclops). Because of this, she once accepted her Economics classmate Peter Parker's stammered offer of a date, despite the fact that he thought she was Mary Jane Watson (he was standing behind Jean at the time he asked, and mistook one redhead for another; see Spider-Man; Watson, Mary Jane). MJ responded by asking out Scott. The four agreed to make it a double date, only to have the date interrupted by one of the Sandman's criminal rampages (see Sandman). Afterward, Jean scolded Scott for him getting Pete and MJ to set up that double date so he could spend time with her, and told him to ask her himself the next time, despite Scott's protests of innocence. The two have been happy together ever since.
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 105 lbs.
Eyes: Green.
Hair: Red.
Uniform: Green bodysuit with a yellow X on the front and back, yellow gloves, yellow boots, green half-mask.
Strength Level: Marvel Girl possess the normal human strength of a woman her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Marvel Girl possesses the psionic power of telekinesis, able to move objects through force of will. Due to training at Xavier's, Jean is able to use her telekinesis in order to fly. Her training includes being able to form telekinetic shields to protect herself and her teammates.

In addition, Jean has the power of telepathy. Among her many stunts include being able to stun someone or put them to sleep, and creating a telepathic network with her teammates. She is most adept at scanning surface thoughts, but is able to perform deeper mind probes.
Other Abilities: Jean has an eye for fashions, practices Tai Chi to stay in shape, and has received training as a lifeguard.

921 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20; HP 10 [0]; Will 15 [20]; Per 12 [5]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Air Move 12 [0]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Beautiful) [12]; Emotion Sense 3 [18]; Fashion Sense [5]; Flight (Psychokinetic, -10%) [36]; Mental Blow 4 [28]; Mind Shield 5 [20]; PK Shield 30 [120]; Psychokinesis Talent 4 [20]; Sleep 7 [144]; Social Chameleon [5]; Telekinetic Control 30 [240]; Telepathy Talent 4 [20]; Telereceive 4 [45]; Telesend 5 [27]; Voice [10].
Perks: Classic Features (Redhead) [1]; Hydrokinesis [1]; PK Umbrella [1].
Disadvantages: Charitable (12) [-15]; Code of Honor (Hero's) [-10]; Compulsive Generosity (12) [-5]; Secret Identity (Serious Embarrassment) [-5]; Truthfulness (9) [-7]; Wealth (Struggling) [-10].
Quirks: Broad-Minded [1]; Humble [1]; Likes Singing Karaoke [-1]; Teetotaler [-1].
Skills: Acting (A) IQ-1 [1] – 10; Artist (Drawing) (H) IQ-1 [2] – 10; Carousing (E) HT [1] – 12; Dancing (A) DX [2] – 12; Detect Lies (H) Per+0 [4] – 12; Emotion Sense (H) IQ+3 [2] – 14*; First Aid/TL8 (Human) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Judo Art (H) DX [4] – 12; Karate Art (H) DX [4] – 12; Meditation (H) Will+1 [8] – 16; Mental Blow (H) Will+3 [2] – 18*; Mind Shield (H) Will+2 [1] – 17*; PK Shield (H) IQ+5 [8] – 16†; Professional Skill (Fashion Designer) (A) IQ-1 [1] – 10; Singing (E) HT+2 [1] – 14; Sleep (H) Will+2 [1] – 17*; Swimming (E) HT [1] – 12; Telekinetic Control (VH) IQ+5 [12] – 16†; Telereceive (H) IQ+4 [4] – 15*; Telesend (H) IQ+5 [8] – 16*.
Techniques: Broadcast (Telesend) (H) def+7 [8] – 16; Expansion (PK Shield) (H) def+5 [6] – 16; Lasting Blow (Mental Blow) (H) def+4 [5] – 18; Lifesaving (Swimming) (H) def+5 [6] – 12; Mass Grab (Telekinetic Control) (H) def+5 [6] – 14; Multiplicity (Telereceive) (H) def+3 [4] – 13; Paralysis (Mental Blow) (H) def+4 [5] – 18; Send Senses (Telesend) (H) def+4 [5] – 16; Unconsciousness (Mental Blow) (H) def+4 [5] – 18.
Starting Spending Money: $2,000 (20% Starting Wealth).

* Includes +4 from Telepathy Talent
† Includes +4 from Psychokinesis Talent
‡ Includes +2 from Voice.

Design Notes
1. Marvel Girl's Psychokinetic and Telepathic Power Modifiers are based off "Mutant Psionic (-10%)".
2. This sheet is a total retooling using abilities from Psionic Powers. It cleans up a lot that was messy before.

Yeah, I abused Psionic Powers this time out. :) Hey, it works, so why not use it?

Old 05-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #650
Phantasm

And because I forgot to post him before Magneto....

LUPO

Identity: Lupo's existence is unknown to the general population.
Legal Status: None.
Place of Birth: The Savage Land.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Savage Land Mutates.
Base of Operations: The Savage Land.
History: The origins of the man known as Lupo are currently a mystery. He was apparently born in the Savage Land, a hidden "lost world" in Antarctica, who was mutated to his current form in some as-yet unexplained manner (see Savage Land).

He and the other Savage Land Mutates first clashed with the mutant adventurers known as the X-Men on the latter's first trip to the Savage Land (see Savage Land Mutates; X-Men). The Mutates' mysterious "Master" ordered them to attack the visiting X-Men, but they were defeated.

Lupo has since been seen with the other Savage Land Mutates in their subsequent clashes with the Avengers and the Brotherhood of Mutants (see Avengers; Brotherhood of Mutants).
Height: 5' 6".
Weight: 145 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown.
Other Distinguishing Features: Lupo's hands and feet have been adapted to extend sharp claws at will, and his ears are large and pointed like those of a wild animal.
Uniform: None.
Strength Level: Lupo possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in moderately intensive exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Lupo possesses the psionic ability to control canines. He normally commands a pack of up to a half dozen dire wolves, a species of wolf native to the Savage Land that has otherwise been extinct since the Paleolithic era.

In addition, his ears enable him to hear sounds in the ultrasonic frequencies. His claws are sharp enough to tear into flesh, though not into steel.
Limitations: In times of extreme stress, Lupo occasionally regresses to an animal state, acting on instinct like the wolves he commands.

374 points
Attributes:
ST 12 [20]; DX 14 [80]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 14 [40].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs.; HP 12 [0]; Will 10 [0]; Per 14 [20]; FP 14 [0]; Basic Speed 7.00 [0]; Basic Move 7 [0]; Dodge 11.
Languages: English (Accented Spoken/Illiterate) [2]; Savage Land Speech (Native Spoken/Illiterate) (Native Language) [-3].
Cultural Familiarities: Savage Land [0].
Advantages: Absolute Direction [5]; Acute Hearing 3 [6]; Ally Group (Dire Wolf Pack; 25% of Starting Points; Group Size: 6-10; Frequency: Constantly Available) [24]; Animal Empathy [5]; Animal Friend 4 [20]; Claws (Sharp Claws) [5]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Damage Resistance 1 (Tough Skin, -40%) [3]; Danger Sense [15]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Mind Control (Independent, +70%; Specific: Canines, -60%; Psionic, -10%) [50]; Outdoorsman 3 [30]; Parabolic Hearing 3 [12]; Resistant to Disease (+8) [5]; Resistant to Poisons/Toxins (+3) [5]; Speak With Animals (Specialized: Canines, -60%; Psionic, -10%) [8]; Ultrahearing [5]; Very Fit [15].
Perks: Call of the Wild [1]; Clinch (Brawling) [1]; Neck Control [1]; Special Exercises (DR 1 w/ Tough Skin) [1].
Disadvantages: Chummy [-5]; Impulsiveness (9) [-15]; Low TL -8 [-40]; Oblivious [-5]; Sense of Duty (Savage Land Mutates) [-5]; Stress Atavism (Severe) (12) [-20]; Truthfulness (6) [-10]; Wealth (Poor) [-15].
Quirks: Bloody Mess [-1]; Distinctive Feature (Oversized Ears) [-1]; Immodest [-1]; Prefers Company of Wolves to Humans [-1].
Skills: Animal Handling (Canines) (A) IQ+6 [8] – 16*; Area Knowledge (Savage Land) (E) IQ+4 [12] – 14; Brawling (E) DX+2 [4] – 16; Breath Control (H) HT-1 [2] – 13; Climbing (A) DX+0 [2] – 14; Fishing (E) Per+3 [1] – 17†; Jumping (E) DX+1 [2] – 15; Mimicry (Animal Sounds) (H) IQ+2 [2] – 12†; Naturalist (H) IQ+4 [8] – 14†; Navigation/TL0 (A) IQ+6 [2] – 16†‡; Riding (Dinosaurs) (A) DX+3 [1] – 17*; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 14; Stealth (A) DX+1 [4] – 15; Survival (Jungle) (A) Per+2 [1] – 16†; Swimming (E) HT+1 [2] – 15; Tactics (H) IQ+0 [4] – 10; Tracking (A) Per+5 [8] – 19†; Traps/TL0 (A) IQ+2 [8] – 14; Veterinary/TL0 (H) IQ+4 [4] – 14*; Weather Sense (A) IQ+2 [8] – 12.
Techniques: Kicking (Brawling) def+2 [3] – 16; Targeted Attack (Brawling Claw/Neck) (H) def+3 [4] – 14.
Starting Spending Money: $800 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +4 from Animal Friend.
† Includes +3 from Outdoorsman.
‡ Includes +3 from Absolute Direction.

Role-Playing Notes:
Lupo is one of the more savage of the Mutates, constantly leaping into the fray with his claws bared and wolves at his side. He fights to kill, unless specifically ordered not to; in his mind, it's a kill or be killed world.

Design Notes:
1. Lupo, and all the Savage Land Mutates, have their social traits calculated for TL8 campaigns. In campaigns set entirely in the Savage Land, remove Low TL -8 and raise Wealth to Average, a net increase of 55 points, and permit them to take 100% of their Wealth as Starting Cash ($250).
2. In Year Two or Year Three, the Savage Land Mutates' Patron will be revealed as none other than Apocalypse. As I am only chronicling Year One at this time, however, GMs are free to make their mysterious Patron whoever they wish.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men