Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #1541
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
No need to do him first, but I think Darren Cross as Crossfire or Yellowjacket is too iconic to skip. Especially after the movie.
Well, I meant someone else's cast first before Ant-Man & Wasp, not who in their cast to do first.

I was eyeballing Rita DeMara for Yellowjacket, personally, but I think I can find a place for Darren Cross in the mix.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:14 AM   #1542
aesir23

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Well, I meant someone else's cast first before Ant-Man & Wasp, not who in their cast to do first.
Ah, my apologies!
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:08 PM   #1543
Prince Charon

I find myself wondering how one might adapt Armor's powers, or something like them, to GURPS, and this seemed like a good thread to ask in (she doesn't appear to be present in Phantasm's web adaptation of the thread, so I'm assuming that a version of her isn't present here yet, either). It looks to me like a variant of Alternate Form with the 'Projected Form' enhancement from GURPS Powers p75, but the regular body remains awake inside of the projection, and the projection has Growth and a somewhat variable (though always 'humanoid armor' shaped) appearance. It could also be a force field, but one with some pretty weird enhancements added. Projected Form variant just seems to work better, but I'm not sure what the limitation value on the variant would be, along with the other factors.

She's not the only character who does something like this, but she's the one current Marvel character that I can think of who does.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:38 PM   #1544
Phantasm

I'd probably use Alternate Form containing DR (Force Field) and Growth for Armor and her distaff predecessor Fort (from Defiant Comics' The Good Guys in the mid '90s). Not so sure Projected Form would be appropriate, to be honest, as that's usually for extending it away from you physically (like an astral body).

As for her placement in the Reboot, it's possible she's one of the younger students (grades 7 through 9) at the Xavier Institute. (I have yet to make a full accounting of Xavier Institute enrollees.)

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #1545
Prince Charon

Quote:
I'd probably use Alternate Form containing DR (Force Field) and Growth for Armor and her distaff predecessor Fort (from Defiant Comics' The Good Guys in the mid '90s). Not so sure Projected Form would be appropriate, to be honest, as that's usually for extending it away from you physically (like an astral body).
That's why I called it a variant of Projected Form (as in, I was thinking that Projected Form would be a place to start from, but the actual limitation would be different). The normal form is present, and can be injured by things that penetrate the force field (and in Armor's case, is visible and can be targeted), but can also be missed by things that penetrate the force field.

Quote:
As for her placement in the Reboot, it's possible she's one of the younger students (grades 7 through 9) at the Xavier Institute. (I have yet to make a full accounting of Xavier Institute enrollees.)
OK, that sounds about right (and it's a big project with a lot of work involved, so I'm not surprised that you haven't gotten to everyone at Xavier's).

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:03 AM   #1546
naloth

Quote:
Alternate form essentially is for either disguise or redistribution of points. I don't really see either of those happening here.

Armor has DR and probably IT:DR (both limited not to work against light attacks such as lasers or perhaps at a lesser value), with always on growth that triggers when she activates the DR, and ST (probably just Fixed ST representing that she neither gains mass or durability) that only works at the SM it's bought for (when growth is active). You can see who she is while she's using it (making this just the outward physical effect) and everything she does adds to her base abilities.

She also has an alternate (psychokinetic) Innate Attacks for a line based attack and another for an area emanation. It can't be used while the DR is active and (IIRC) causes the power set to be offline (Takes Recharge) for a few seconds after using it.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:58 PM   #1547
Phantasm

SUPREME INTELLIGENCE

Identity: The Supreme Intelligence is publicly known in the greater galaxy; its existence is unknown to the general populace of Earth.
Legal Status: Ruler of the Kree Empire.
Other Aliases: Supremor.
Place of Creation: Planet Hala, Pama System, Greater Magellanic Cloud.
Marital Status: Inapplicable.
Known Relatives: Inapplicable.
Group Affiliation: Kree Empire.
Base of Operations: Kree Empire.
History: Over a hundred thousand years ago, Earth time, a group of Kree and Cotati scientists and engineers created an artificial intelligence that ran on an experimental organic-based computer system designed to simulate a Kree's brain (see Kree; Appendix: Other Alien Races: Cotati). They did not expect the intelligence to achieve self-awareness as quickly as it did. Initially curious about the world and greater galaxy around it, this intelligence volunteered to assist the government of the Pama Republic (predecessor of the Kree Empire). Over the next thousand years (Earth time), this entity, now called the Supreme Intelligence, grew in political power until it overthrew the Republic and installed itself as the ruler of the new Kree Empire.

Normally the Supreme Intelligence leaves the day-to-day running of the Empire to the Parliament and the Prime Minister, focusing its attention on other matters it believes the more limited minds of its citizens cannot comprehend. As the undisputed ruler of the Empire, the Supreme Intelligence's word is law, overriding the Parliament and the courts whenever and however it pleases. It is generally accepted that the Intelligence does not do so randomly, but there is little anyone can do except grumble. There is a massive holoprojector in the Parliament building the Intelligence uses to communicate its wishes or entertain petitioners for its time; however, the Intelligence can use any holoprojector it wishes inside the Empire. It almost always projects the image of a giant green amorphous head with yellow eyes and a dozen green tentacles atop it.

Every five local years, the populace of the Empire selects a delegate for "supremorship", where after the delegate dies his or her mind is uploaded to the Intelligence, effectively becoming a part of it. At first the physical brains were cryogenically stored and maintained in a massive computer complex, but as Kree brain emulation technology improved the physical brains were no longer needed. In addition, the Intelligence has been known to take direct control of a number of Sentry robots that are designed with heads built to resemble its usual projected image (see Kree Sentry). The Intelligence also uses portable neural interface units to interact with its subjects on a more personal level.

For reasons unknown, twenty thousand Earth years ago the Supreme Intelligence issued a decree encouraging interbreeding between the Kree and other humanoid races; this led to the development of the so-called "white Kree", currently a second-class majority in the Empire. This has led to political backlash from various blue Kree who believe that this interbreeding weakens the Empire. Recently, Prime Minister Zarek and Supreme Public Accuser Ronan, the two most politically powerful Kree in the Empire, have formed an alliance with the intention of removing the Intelligence from power (see Ronan the Accuser; Zarek). The Intelligence is aware of this plot and is biding its time, using them for its own grand designs, which remain currently unknown.
Height: Unknown, possibly inapplicable.
Weight: Unknown, possibly inapplicable.
Eyes: None; projects as green.
Hair: None.
Uniform: None.
Strength Level: As a virtual entity, the Supreme Intelligence lacks a physical body and hence has no strength.
Known Superhuman Powers: The Supreme Intelligence possesses superhuman intelligence.* Due to its virtual nature, it can harness the computing power of the entire Empire's systems, rendering it nearly omniscient inside the Empire. Its nature also renders it effectively immortal.

When interacting with people using its neural interface units, it projects virtual reality environments into the minds of others; when interacting with others in this manner, the Intelligence often takes the form of someone known to its subject, usually but not always someone the subject respects or admires (but can also be someone the subject fears, if the Intelligence wishes). This virtual form is drawn from the subject's own mind.

Game-Mechanical Details:
The Supreme Intelligence is one of those few characters who do not have a given set of stats due to its very nature. As it is essentially a disembodied AI, it can see and hear through practically every computer in the Kree Empire tied to the Imperial Internet, making it effectively omniscient. Whether it still has a physical housing is debatable and should probably be left to the GM and the campaign.

Role-Playing Notes:
The Supreme Intelligence is patient, methodical, and never fully explains itself to "lesser" entities; any explanation given is in terms others can understand, usually in a condescending manner.

The Supreme Intelligence should probably not be used as a PC in a game, being either an Enemy or a Patron (possibly both).

-----------------------------

I wrestled for several days trying to figure out a character sheet for the Intelligence and ultimately gave up. If anyone wants to take a crack at cooking up a charsheet for it, go right ahead!

Last edited by Phantasm; 03-20-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:22 AM   #1548
Phantasm

TIMBERIUS

Real Name: Unrevealed, possibly "Timberius" is his given name.
Identity: Timberius does not use a dual identity; his existence as an Inhuman is unknown to the general public.
Legal Status: Citizen of Attilan with a criminal record in the United States.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Attilan, Blue Area of the Moon.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Maximus's operatives on Earth.
Base of Operations: Attilan, Blue Area of the Moon.
History: Timberius's history is unknown. As an Inhuman, his powers are presumably a result of exposure to Terrigen crystals upon achieving adulthood (see Inhumans). It is not known how long he has worked for Maximus, the Inhumans' ruler (see Maximus).

Timberius was first encountered staging an attack on the Kree spy turned superhero Captain Marvel alongside a number of other Inhumans, as part of a deal between Maximus and Captain Marvel's immediate superior, Colonel Yon-Rogg, to discredit Marvel (see Captain Marvel; Kree; Yon-Rogg). After being defeated by the Captain, Marvell was given orders to execute Timberius and his fellow Inhuman co-conspirators. Instead, he and his co-conspirators were turned over to the authorities.

Timberius's Terrigen-altered DNA code was one of those provided to the Kree scientist Minn-Erva by Maximus (see Doctor Minerva). His current whereabouts, however, are unknown.
Height: 6' 1".
Weight: 210 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: None.
Other Distinguishing Features: Timberius's skin resembles tree bark; his head, neck, and shoulders have a covering of leaves resembling hair; claws on his fingers and toes, and his feet possess opposable thumbs.
Uniform: Green pants, gold belt, gold bracers
Strength Level: Timberius possesses the normal strength of an Inhuman of his age, height, and build who engages in regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Timberius's body has several features resembling those of woody plants, such as trees, bushes, and shrubs. His skin is composed of a substance which greatly resembles tree bark, giving him a se. Furthermore, he apparently does not need to eat in the traditional sense, drawing nutrients directly from soil he can sink his feet into and energy from the leaves on his head and shoulders. As a side effect, his skin and leaves give him good camouflage while in forests.

For unknown reasons, Timberius's feet resemble hands with long fingers and opposable thumbs for toes. He has been shown using his feet as hands. Both his fingers and toes end in claws/

In addition, Timberius has the power to control any plant life he touches. While he cannot cause trees and the like to grow, he can manipulate trees and vines to attack others.

657 points
Attributes: ST 13 [10*]; DX 12 [0*]; IQ 11 [0*]; HT 12 [0*].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d/2d-1; BL 34 lbs.; HP 15 [8*]; Will 11 [0]; Per 11 [0]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Accented) [4]; Tilan (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Attilan (Native) [0].
Advantages: Claws (Sharp Claws) [5]; Damage Resistance 10 (Semi-Ablative, -20%) [40]; Doesn't Eat or Drink (Still Needs to Drink, -50%) [5]; Energy Reserve (Psionic) 10 [30]; Extra Arms (2 Arms) (Foot Manipulators, -30%) [14]; Fit [5]; Green Thumb 4 [20]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Inhuman [100]; Injury Tolerance (Unliving) [20]; Plant Control Talent 4 [20]; Plant Empathy [5]; Telekinesis 15 (Animate Life Forms, +100%; Animation (Object Can't Fly), -30%; Melee Attack: Reach C, -30%; Specific: Plants Only, -50%; Super-Effort, +400%; Psionic, -10%) [360];
Perks: Limited Camouflage (Woodlands/Jungles) [1]; Long Fingers [1]; Striking Surface [1].
Disadvantages: Dependency (Fertilized Soil; Very Common; Daily) [-15]; Fragile (Combustible) [-5]; Guilt Complex [-5]; Incurious (12) [-5]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Social Stigma (Freak) [-10]; Unnatural Features [-1].
Quirks: Dull Taste/Smell [-1]; Prefers Plants to People [-1]; Tactless [-1].
Skills: Biology/TL8 (Earthlike Botany) (H) IQ+5 [8] – 16†; Brawling (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Climbing (A) DX-1 [1] – 11; Farming/TL8 (A) IQ+3 [1] – 14†; Gardening (E) IQ+5 [2] – 16†; Hiking (A) HT-1 [1] – 11; Jumping (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Lifting (A) HT-1 [1] – 11; Naturalist (Earth) (H) IQ+5 [8] – 16†; Pharmacy/TL8 (Herbal) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 12; Plant Control (H) IQ+5 [8] – 16‡; Running (A) HT-1 [1] – 11; Survival (Jungle) (A) Per+1 [4] – 12; Survival (Woodlands) (A) Per+1 [4] – 12; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 12; Throwing (A) DX-1 [1] – 11; Weather Sense (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Wrestling (A) DX+0 [2] – 12.
Starting Spending Money: $4,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +2 to ST, +2 to DX, +1 to IQ, +2 to HT, and -2 to HP from Inhuman racial package.
† Includes +4 from Green Thumb.
‡ Includes +4 from Plant Control Talent.

Role-Playing Notes:
Timberius prides himself on being a professional. He sees it as his duty to serve the king of Attilan, though he at times questions Maximus's sanity. He would much rather tend to his garden in the Blue Area of the Moon than engage in combat.

Design Notes:
1. Timberius only possesses Social Stigma (Freak) while on Earth; on the moon, among his fellow Inhumans, he lacks the trait. I included it because the bulk of the campaigns in the setting would take place on Earth (the United States specifically).

Last edited by Phantasm; 03-21-2020 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:20 AM   #1549
Phantasm

Last one for Captain Marvel's crew (FINALLY!):

YON-ROGG

Identity: Yon-Rogg's existence is unknown to the general populace of Earth; he does not use a dual identity in the greater galaxy, but is a relative unknown.
Legal Status: Citizen of the Kree Empire with no known criminal record.
Other Aliases:
None.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Colonel in the Kree Military.
Base of Operations: The starship Helion in orbit around Earth.
History: The scion of a less reputable house in Kree society (implied to be a house of bankers, merchants, lawyers, and scoundrels), Yon-Rogg entered into the military to help give the Rogg clan some respectability (see Kree). While the Rogg clan has not yet shed its less than reputable standing (in part because of the large number of white Kree in the clan, bucking the trend of the ruling houses being composed solely of blue Kree), Yon-Rogg proved to be a capable soldier and leader, rising through the ranks of the Kree Army until he reached the rank of Colonel. (Rogg has lamented many times that his status as a white Kree prevented him from rising any higher in rank.)

Yon-Rogg was assigned to command the Imperial spy ship Helion, overseeing a number of spies on Earth, an assignment he believed was intended to "get rid of" him. Unknown to the rest of the ship's crew, Rogg was given orders from Ronan the Accuser to select one of the spies on the planet to discredit in the eyes of the Empire (see Ronan the Accuser). The ship's science officer, Minn-Erva, unwittingly played into his hands when she gave Mar-Vell, a decorated war officer, a number of superhuman powers (see Captain Marvel; Doctor Minerva). Rogg then proceeded to give Vell orders designed to force him to choose between his principles and his duty, as well as arranging for several small-scale threats to the native human life, including turning a technician into the criminal Nitro (see Nitro).

However, it wasn't until Rogg checked the oldest records the Kree had on Earth that his ambition grew beyond his orders. Buried in the archives was an account of a past experiment by the Kree on a tribe of humans, who later became known as the Inhumans in various accounts (see Inhumans). Furthermore, sensor scans of the Earth's moon indicated the Inhumans had migrated to the Blue Area of the Moon, an ancient Kree settlement and listening post long since abandoned (see Blue Area of the Moon). Rogg made clandestine contact with Maximus, ruler of the Inhumans, and began to plot out an invasion of the planet using the Inhumans as shock troops (see Maximus).

With Maximus's aid, Rogg finally put Vell in the situation he had been hoping for in order to discredit him. Maximus sent a cadre of agents to Earth to attack Vell; upon their defeat (which Rogg considered inevitable given Vell's experience and power), Rogg ordered Vell to execute them. Instead, Vell turned the Inhumans over to the local authorities on Earth; for disobeying a direct order, Vell was arrested by Rogg's security forces on the Helion and returned to the Empire for court-martial.

Days later, Rogg's forces kidnapped Vell's human ally Carol Danvers and brought her to the Helion for interrogation (see Danvers, Carol). (Unknown to Rogg, Minn-Erva experimented on Danvers and released her from captivity.)

Following Vell's trial, Prime Minister Zarek rewarded Rogg with a scorpionoid Sentry robot (see Kree Sentry; Zarek). Rogg has begun gathering support among the Rogg clan holdings to increase the likelihood of success for his pending invasion of Earth. He recognizes that the invasion will not be an easy one, due to the planet's decentralized power structure, the planet's current ever-increasing level of technology, and the large number of superhumans which currently outnumber his Inhuman army. Yon-Rogg is aware that Vell is gathering a group of allies to oppose him, but is confidant that a "rag-tag group of misfits" will be no match for his combined forces.
Height: 6' 0".
Weight: 220 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown.
Uniform: Standard Kree military uniform and armor.
Strength Level: Yon-Rogg possesses the normal strength of a Kree his age, height, and built who engages in regular exercise. Because of the Kree physiology, this is roughly twice as strong as a human of the same physical age, height, and build.
Known Superhuman Powers: None.
Other Abilities: Yon-Rogg is a skilled strategist, tactician, and starship commander. He is a skilled hand to hand combatant and marksman with Kree energy weapons (commonly rainbow lasers), both personal and mounted.
Weapons and Paraphernalia: Yon-Rogg has authority over every weapon on board the Helion. He owns a rainbow laser pistol of Kree manufacture as his personal sidearm. Like most Kree officers, he possesses a universal translator implant.

545 points
Attributes: ST 15 [10*]; DX 13 [60]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 13 [30].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d+1/2d+1; BL 45 lbs.; HP 15 [0]; Will 14 [5]; Per 14 [5]; FP 18 [0*]; Basic Speed 6.50 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 12.
Languages: Kree (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Kree Empire (Native) [0].
Advantages: Born War-Leader 3 [15]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Enhanced Dodge 2 [30]; Fit [5]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Military Rank 6 [30]; Omnilingual (Electronic, -30%) [28]; Security Clearance (Need-to-Know on a Broad Range) [10]; Status 4 [5†]; Wealth (Filthy Rich) [50]; White Kree [62].
Perks: Controllable Disadvantage (Callous) [1]; Style Familiarity (Kree Military Hand to Hand) [1];
Disadvantages: Duty (to Kree Empire) (9) [-5]; Greed (12) [-15]; Selfish (9) [-7]; Sense of Duty (House Rogg) [-10]; Stubbornness [-5].
Quirks: Ambitious [-1]; Methodical [-1]; Proud [-1]; The Ends Justify the Means [-1].
Skills: Acrobatics (H) DX+0 [4] – 13; Administration (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Artillery/TL11 (Bombs) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Artillery/TL11 (Guided Missile) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Beam Weapons/TL11 (Pistol) (E) DX+1 [2] – 14; Beam Weapons/TL11 (Rifle) (E) DX+1 [2] – 14; Climbing (A) DX-1 [1] – 12; Connoisseur (Music) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Connoisseur (Visual Arts) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Diplomacy (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13; Electronics Operation/TL11 (Force Shields) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Electronics Operation/TL11 (Sensors) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Expert Skill (Military Science) (H) IQ-1 [2] – 12; Explosives/TL11 (Demolition) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Fast-Draw/TL11 (Ammo) (E) DX+1 [1] – 14‡; Fast-Talk (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; First Aid/TL11 (Kree) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 13; Free Fall (A) DX+1 [4] – 14; Gunner/TL11 (Beams) (E) DX+1 [2] – 14; Hiking (A) HT-1 [1] – 12; Intelligence Analysis (H) IQ+3 [4] – 16§; Interrogation (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Intimidation (A) Will+0 [2] – 14; Judo (H) DX+1 [8] – 14; Jumping (E) DX+0 [1] – 13; Karate (H) DX+1 [8] – 14; Knife (E) DX+0 [1] – 13; Leadership (A) IQ+2 [1] – 15§; Lifting (A) HT-1 [1] – 12; Navigation/TL11 (Hyperspace) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Observation (A) Per+1 [4] – 15; Piloting/TL11 (Aerospace) (A) DX-1 [1] – 12; Politics (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Psychology (Comparative) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14; Running (A) HT-1 [1] – 12; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 14; Savoir-Faire (Mafia) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 14; Savoir-Faire (Military) (E) IQ+3 [1] – 16§; Shiphandling/TL11 (Starship) (H) IQ-1 [2] – 12; Soldier/TL11 (A) IQ-1 [1] – 12; Spacer/TL11 (E) IQ+0 [1] – 13; Stealth (A) DX+1 [4] – 14; Strategy (Interstellar) (H) IQ+3 [4] – 16§; Strategy (Land) (H) IQ+3 [4] – 16§; Strategy (Space) (H) IQ+3 [4] – 16§; Streetwise (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 13; Tactics (H) IQ+3 [4] – 16§; Throwing (A) DX-1 [1] – 12; Vacc Suit/TL11 (A) DX+1 [4] – 14; Wrestling (A) DX+1 [4] – 14.
Starting Spending Money: $400,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +4 to ST and +5 to FP from the White Kree racial package.
† Includes +2 from Military Rank and +1 from Wealth.
‡ Includes +1 from Combat Reflexes.
§ Includes +3 from Born War-Leader.

Role-Playing Notes:
Yon-Rogg is ruthless, ambitious, and talented. Foremost, however, he desires to increase his house's standing in the Empire beyond their current station, a station below what other great houses in the Empire hold because of their reputation as "scoundrels". As a white Kree, he is prohibited from attaining a greater degree of power in the Empire than he already has. He figures that if he cannot increase his house's standing inside the Empire, he can help the clan attain a greater standing outside it. He holds no ill will toward Mar-Vell personally, though he will not permit Vell to interfere with his plans. He may even offer Vell the opportunity to join him, though he doubts Vell would see the wisdom in what he is attempting. Years of experience have whittled away what idealism he may once have had; he cares little for concepts of "honor" (a trait said to be common in House Rogg).

When preparing to invade or occupy a planet, Yon-Rogg has been known to study not just his opponents' technology but also their artwork and their music in order to get into their heads, learning how they think. He sees Earth as a challenge because of the multitude of cultures present.

Design Notes:
1. This build, and the High TL trait in the White Kree racial package, assumes a campaign TL of 8, as would be encountered on modern-day Earth. In any cosmic campaign, the campaign would be considered a TL 11 setting, reducing his point cost by 15 points and increasing his Starting Spending Money to $1,500,000.

Last edited by Phantasm; 10-31-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:25 AM   #1550
Phantasm

Whew! After three years, I've completed Mar-Vell's cast and crew. I've gonna go back and touch up a few of the entries before going on to doing Ant-Man's cast and crew. Most notably, Nitro and Moonstone need another pass.

Edit: Updated Moonstone with her phasing ability.

Last edited by Phantasm; 03-21-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men