Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 03-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
collinc

Default So whatcha get?

I got 10 boosters. Rarest card I got was the X Monster. It's rated "We destroyed most of these." I can see how it would be useful. I got a few art variants. Belt Buckler, Healing Salvo, and Beagle Scout. A couple of the better cards were "Explodia, The Trademarked One" and Rod of Owies.
collinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: So whatcha get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinc View Post
I got 10 boosters. Rarest card I got was the X Monster. It's rated "We destroyed most of these." I can see how it would be useful. I got a few art variants. Belt Buckler, Healing Salvo, and Beagle Scout. A couple of the better cards were "Explodia, The Trademarked One" and Rod of Owies.
Jealous! I still don't have an Explodia.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
Solelron
Banned

I don't have my lists with me, but I got 2 of the 'W' cards and a handful of others.

I believe I'm somewhere in the Teens short of a complete Common set.

(1 full POP+5 boosters+all the starter decks)
Solelron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:37 PM   #4
wittzo

I got 4 Starter Sets and 3 boxes of boosters. Out of all that, I got two Hot Poker and one Explodia, but no Ace of Spades.

I did some trading with a friend who bought all 3 Starter Sets and 3 and a half boxes of boosters (he gave me a half box for my b-day). He got three W cards out of his Starter Set booster packs, one Explodia, and one Ace of Spades. He gave me an X Monster because he had two of them. I think he also got another Hot Poker.

My roommate just bought one box of boosters and got an Ace of Spades.

No Ace of Spades for me. :( I will take donations. :)

I believe me and my friend are both about a dozen cards short of a complete set.
wittzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
Moses2813

I have bought 1 starter and 1 whole box Of boosters. I am wondering if I need the other 2 starters or another box of boosters?
Moses2813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #6
ClassicFrog

out of 3 boxes + 5 packs + the 3 starter boosters i got 1 ace of spades and a school of badassery and a the x monster. At least one of each alt art hero except bard.

the distribution of cards is definitely wonky. i got about 30% more ranger cards than any other class. More than 150% more neutral cards than any class (maybe that is normal)

I also have a few Common cards that I only have 1 of while I found more than 5 of a rare card. you would think 3 booster boxes would be enough for at least a full play set of commons and maybe uncommons. Are all rares not created equal? are some R's more common than other R's. shouldn't all R's have the same actual rarity?
ClassicFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #7
Sativa Psyborg

I got the holiday preorder special + 2 booster boxes. Out of 304 cards, I am missing 45 cards. It is mostly Rares, Very Rares, and Specials, but a few uncommons are still missing. I did get an Explodia and an Ace of Spades, but no Hot Poker to go with it. This past weekend, I was able to get OA1-4 cards as well.

I also created an Excel spreadsheet checklist to keep track if anyone is interested.
Sativa Psyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:40 AM   #8
Owzat1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativa Psyborg View Post
I got the holiday preorder special + 2 booster boxes. Out of 304 cards, I am missing 45 cards. It is mostly Rares, Very Rares, and Specials, but a few uncommons are still missing. I did get an Explodia and an Ace of Spades, but no Hot Poker to go with it. This past weekend, I was able to get OA1-4 cards as well.

I also created an Excel spreadsheet checklist to keep track if anyone is interested.
Were people who played at store events supposed to get all 4 OA cards or is it down to store discretion what they give out. The people people who i played with only got OA 1-3 So i'm currently missing the OA Aggrobat.
Owzat1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:53 AM   #9
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owzat1982 View Post
Were people who played at store events supposed to get all 4 OA cards or is it down to store discretion what they give out. The people people who i played with only got OA 1-3 So i'm currently missing the OA Aggrobat.
It was up to the store how they distributed cards.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #10
Owzat1982

For those of you who have opened more than one box, do you only get the Wandering Goldfish as a bonus cards or have some of the other OA cards been included??
Owzat1982 is offline   Reply With Quote