Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #101
SCAR

Default Re: [Spaceships] Combat Examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangsdorf View Post
If you read the penalties the exo-armor pilots are taking, I'm already using that cinematic cliche. The argument is whether or not the pilot can take two Gunnery tasks with different weapons in the same turn.
I had missed the fact that you were already using that rule, and the author has now given an unofficial designers note to the effect that taking multiple gunnery tasks (with different weapons) is probably OK.

As you can see from my Sig, I've done a load of Spaceships conversion myself, and when I was doing them I did wonder as to how the designs would stand up to actual combat - was I putting sufficient or even too much armour on the designs, were the weapons pointlessly weak or seriously overkill. It has been on my background 'to do' list to run through some actual Spaceships Action and Combat examples to better understand such issues.

This thread, and your examples have inspired me to read through the rules in more detail, figure out what they mean and how they work, and run some numbers on how combat actually works. I think I probably need to actually go through some exampes of my own, step by step, and write them down as you have - to make sure I'm getting everything clear in my own head, because there are a lot of factors to remember, but overall it doesn't seem too complicated.
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #102
sayke

i just wanted to say that this is an excellent thread, and i'm very sorry that SS8 didn't make its way out into publication!
sayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #103
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayke View Post
i just wanted to say that this is an excellent thread, and i'm very sorry that SS8 didn't make its way out into publication!
I think SS8 is the Transhuman Space supplement.

Tags
spaceships, spaceships combat example