Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #51
Disliker of the mary sue

Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
It's when a non-routine action is required that trouble starts.
Well I suppose I can see how this could go horribly wrong, espicially if you try to have it take care of kids.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #52
Keiko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disliker of the mary sue View Post
Honestly the concept is kind of horrifying, creating a being with sapience to more or less be a sex doll/domestic slave. Could say a lot about the setting, creating life of some sort for such selfish and trivial purposes. Hm kind of surprised it doesn't have slave mentality in the template, seems like something you should have in your "sub human" servants so they don't just crack and kill you.
It's not the first sex toy bioroid though.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #53
Disliker of the mary sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
It's not the first sex toy bioroid though.
I suppose it rather tame as far as things go, still think the idea of creating sapient life to be sex dolls is a horrifying concept and to be honest a really trivial use for the ability to create life.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #54
Keiko
Banned

Quote:
I suppose it rather tame as far as things go, still think the idea of creating sapient life to be sex dolls is a horrifying concept and to be honest a really trivial use for the ability to create life.
I'm not arguing with your opinion. I imagine there are people in the setting the feel the same way as you. But it does happen in the setting canonically. Life is created for all manner of reason allot of them are probably considered trivial by different individuals but I don't think they're in appropriate things to discuss on a gaming forum.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #55
Keiko
Banned

Quote:
Well I suppose I can see how this could go horribly wrong, espicially if you try to have it take care of kids.
Lecherous doesn't mean the character tries to have sex with anything with a pulse. But with things he/she/it find sexually attractive. Unless the Foxwife is programmed with or somehow develops pedophilia its probably not going to sexually drawn to prepubescent children.

Teenagers might be a different story. But that's a danger with attractive domestic servants already. And like I mentioned it might not be such a huge deal in 2100 or some part of it. If a person or family did have conservative beliefs when it came to sex it's unlikely they'd go for this type of bioroid domestic in the first place.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #56
Disliker of the mary sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
Lecherous doesn't mean the character tries to have sex with anything with a pulse. But with things he/she/it find sexually attractive. Unless the Foxwife is programmed with or somehow develops pedophilia its probably not going to sexually drawn to prepubescent children.

Teenagers might be a different story. But that's a danger with attractive domestic servants already. And like I mentioned it might not be such a huge deal in 2100 or some part of it. If a person or family did have conservative beliefs when it came to sex it's unlikely they'd go for this type of bioroid domestic in the first place.
Actually that was a responce to Vicky statement that slave mentality would not be a good traite to have on the template, thinking that children can easily cause unroutine things to happen that would force said servent to roll -9 IQ. Though the sex thing could be a problem with Slave mentality as well.... that certainly be a awkawrd plotline to bring up in a game, your kid had sex with your sapient sex slave.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #57
VulpesFulva

And the Venerable series "Law & Order:SVU" has a new episode!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #58
Keiko
Banned

Quote:
Actually that was a responce to Vicky statement that slave mentality would not be a good traite to have on the template, thinking that children can easily cause unroutine things to happen that would force said servent to roll -9 IQ. Though the sex thing could be a problem with Slave mentality as well.... that certainly be a awkawrd plotline to bring up in a game, your kid had sex with your sapient sex slave.
Oh, excuse me, I got wired crossed and mixed up your comments with some others in the thread. My mistake
Old 12-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #59
sjard
Stick in the Mud

This thread has been reported many times now. Closed.
MIB #1457
Closed Thread

Tags
biotech, racial template