Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 12-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
demonsbane

Default Re: DF and adventures

Personally, I'd prefer independent adventures. If there is a link between them, it think that it should be entirely optional.

To be able to pick an adventure without having the feeling of missing something is a valuable thing.

Besides, independent adventures are easier to drop into already existing campaigns, which is great.

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+

Last edited by demonsbane; 12-23-2010 at 03:58 PM.
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #12
rogersd

Default Re: DF Adventure Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Or simply a series of linked events. For example: a generic treasure hunt (adventure A) turns up a map for a more important artifact (the pursuit of which adventure B) which leads to a complicated set of conflicts with the original owners, other treasure hunters, bound spirits, etc. (which is played out in adventure C). In such a series, the map which kicks off adventure B could be found during any adventure, not just adventure A, while the artifact which kicks off adventure C could also be found during any adventure. Likewise, the adventure A map could lead to anything else, and the adventure B artifact could come free of complications.
This is exactly what I am talking about and have suggested on other ocassions. This would produce a resource of adventures for DF that would be playable at any time and not limit the GM and the players in the way that others have mentioned above. Other companies have been successful with product lines similar to this and there is no reason why imitation is not a realistic way to improve DF support in Gurps.

I also feel that it would be a good way for writers to introduce new monsters and foes to the DF line without necessarily having to create enough to fill out a large supplement. I'm looking forward to TBC's adventure and plan on releasing it the day it is posted on e23.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #13
ajardoor

Default Re: DF and adventures

I'm actually working on a "super-adventure" right now.

If you've read the D&D 4e DMG, you'll be familiar with what a super-adventure is, skip this paragraph. Basically, a super-adventure is when a series of plot hooks, sub-plots and dungeons are set around a single location, which is all contained in a single module/book. Keep on the Borderlands? Classic super-adventure.

Maybe the team might do something like that for an adventure PDF?

Tags
adventures, dungeon fantasy