Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Justin_Bedard

Default DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

Intro scene
Map of Freemont airport

HOW THE TIME FLIES:
UA Flight 301 was infected by an unknown contagion, turning its passengers into deadly creatures. An immediate quarantine was placed on the airport, and the doors leading out have been closed. 20 minutes into the quarantine, someone tripped the door release and let the infected out of the side terminal. 40 minutes in the infection had spread panic and fear. The main terminal doors were sealed, letting the 30 or so people inside of the terminal passages safe. An hour in, 92% (280 or so) of all the quarantined humans were infected, At this point, a small horde of infected broke into the main terminal area. Terminals A1, A2, and A3 were disengaged (Rosco Brown, Red Murphy, Henry Riddle & Glenn Haverfield), some passengers stayed behind. 1h,20 minutes in: some of the last survivors (Charles Houle, Sierra Jones & Martin Jablonski) barricaded the main terminal doors with chairs, locking them as well.

1 1/2 HOURS AFTER INFECTION:
Of the unlucky few, you seven survivors have managed to barricade yourselves inside the main terminal. It’s a 30x70 foot-wide (10x25 meters) area, filled mainly with chairs, as well as booths permitting entrance to the terminal entrances. The north wall is covered in windows, showing off the landing strips several hundred feet away, and several feet down. The east and west walls have parallel designs, with 2 terminal entrances to planes on each side. The South-eastern terminal entrance is open, with patches of blood spread through it, and UNITED AIRLINES posted above it. The southern wall has two bathrooms sandwiching a row of glass doors between them. Several infected stand in front of the doors, pushing on the mildly barricaded defense. Out the small windows of the doors can be seen a strip of walkway, slowly descending on a small slope.

Established facts:
The infected spread their disease through bites (speculated to be liquid exchange). They seem completely dead or with no functioning blood flow, from whitened or yellowed skin to a horrid stench coming from them. The infected also seem to be mutated, showing small things like changed eye color and unnatural strength.
Infection is quite obvious since after a few seconds, newly infected will have their iris color changed to red, for unknown reasons. Minutes later come blackened Sclera and fever. 20 minutes in is nausea and vomiting followed by (30 minutes) unconsciousness. After 45 minutes, the body reanimates. There have been a few cases were the bitten did not become infected….

HOW TO POST:
Justin typed out this sentence, using nothing to describe his actions
(Sorry for posting this late, had a family emergency. use parentheses to be OCC when asking questions)
"I believe people use quotation marks to say words, when written"
<In which the GM talks to the group, instructing them to do something, like roll dice.>

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-07-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
Justin_Bedard

Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

"geezus, what are we gonna do" said Glenn as he looked at the few infected battering the barricade. "I don't know kid" said Sierra in an unquivering tone, "Any Ideas?"

Glenn checks his bag, trying calm himself.

Sierra walks towards the window, thinking to herself aloud "I wonder if we could jump?"
"Probably not, it's a 30 foot drop on to concrete, and if we did survive, it'd be painful..."
Old 02-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
FrumpyAndy

Red cautiously approaches the open A1 terminal doors, looking queasy at the sight of the blood. Looking back over his shoulder, he hushes the others. He is looking and listening very carefully to avoid being surprised if possible. If he manages to reach the door, he'll try to look through the doors, and if the coast is clear, close them.
FrumpyAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
the_matrix_walker

Rosco Brown stands up from checking his bag. He's wearing jeans and a light grey sweatshirt he's just strapped a shoulder holster over. He picks up his leather bomber jacket and slides it on as he visually checks over the terminal.

"Hold up a sec Red, I'll cover you."

Rosco steps forward after red and draws his pistol and thumbs the safety off.

"While we secure this access point, it might be a good idea for the rest of you to check the abandoned bags for food, drugs, tools... anything we might be able to use. This is a military quarantine, we get a bullet if we try to leave, and we don't know how long we'll be stuck here."
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #5
Justin_Bedard

<FrumpyAndy, since I would say to roll against perception here, I will. We're running on the honor system for now...>

"Good idea!" Glenn says as he finishes looking through his bag.

<The few bags scattered through the room would only require a single search or perception roll for anything of importance. post your roll and i'll write up what you find.>

"I'm gonna check those booths" Glenn says as he heads over to them, checking behind A1's booth.

Sierra goes to a nearby bag and searches through it.

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-07-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #6
FrumpyAndy

(i rolled 13 vs my Per of 12, for a MoF 1)

Red seems to get a bit nervous as he gets close to the windows by the terminal doors; it's not hard to tell he's not a fan of heights.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #7
Justin_Bedard

Red doesn't notice anything odd around the terminal entrance, other than the blood. the door is slightly loose, and locks from the inside.

Rosco, gun in hand, gets near Red. <Roll a perception roll>

Sierra finds nothing of use in the bag, even thought it looked like it might have had something important in it. <10 on Perception 13, nothing found.> She proceeds to another one.

Glenn hopelessly looks through the booth, being horribly confused by the time charts and endless documents. <14 on Per 10, Failure> He heads towards A2's booth.

Martin, Charles and Henry sit down and start discussing a plan of escape.

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-07-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
the_matrix_walker

(Hopefully there's a bonus on this roll Per 11 (3d6=13) without one, it's a Failure by 2)
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #9
Justin_Bedard

Although he can't see anything, Rosco's instincts tell him whatever happended in there, isn't in there anymore.

Sierra's second bag contains some men's underwear and girlie mags, gross... <11 on Per 13>

Glenn gets lucky and finds a book filled with plane flights, and a map of the airport. "Huh, I guess the last flight in was UA 301... at the side terminal... Why would blood be all the way out here... " Glenn pockets the book. <8 on 10 Per>

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-07-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
FrumpyAndy

Red nervously lights a cigarette, and reaches past Rosco to close the terminal door shut.

"Just in case," he mutters to Rosco, cigarette hanging precariously from his lips.

Turning to the three talking men, he approaches and says, "I know this airport fairly well, I fly pretty regularly. The name's Red, by the way." He claps Henry on the shoulder and sticks his other hand out for Martin or Charles to shake, momentarily caught up in making new friends and forgetting the carnage going on around them.

Tags
mutants, pbp, semi-cinematic, zombies