Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 02-09-2005, 03:48 AM   #1
Glamourweaver

Default Tattered Symphony Netbook

Did anyone happen to download this Netbook in preserve it in some form or another before in vanished from the web? I was rather interested in it...
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:45 AM   #2
EDG

Default Re: Tattered Symphony Netbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamourweaver
Did anyone happen to download this Netbook in preserve it in some form or another before in vanished from the web? I was rather interested in it...
I'll see if Moe still has copies of all of the text (he ought to...). If absolutely nothing else, I have the full discussion-list archives and should be able to recompile at least part of it.
EDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
tylrlsaa

Out of curiousity, what was this book about?
tylrlsaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
Glamourweaver

Its an alternative universe for In Nomine where Lucifer won the Rebe... Revolution. There are no Demons, but two different camps of Angels (who can pull on corrupted versions of their own resonances IRC) with the Loyalists who refused to renounce their servitude to God imprisoned in... I can't remember what its version of Hell was... and anyway with God gone the Symphony has over the millienia begun to slowly unravel (not unlike whats currently happening in Lucifer Comics actually...)
Old 02-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #5
Jennifer

Quote:
Its an alternative universe for In Nomine where Lucifer won the Rebe... Revolution. There are no Demons, but two different camps of Angels (who can pull on corrupted versions of their own resonances IRC) with the Loyalists who refused to renounce their servitude to God imprisoned in... I can't remember what its version of Hell was... and anyway with God gone the Symphony has over the millienia begun to slowly unravel (not unlike whats currently happening in Lucifer Comics actually...)
Oh, was that the one where Vapula was building an interdimensional ark to escape?
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #6
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Yes. (And then there was the Cherub AA of Thoroughness...)
Old 02-16-2005, 02:36 AM   #7
Glamourweaver

I finally found it preserved here: http://www.stormloader.com/users/moelane/tattered.html

Its extremely cool, but there are some areas that need clarifying & more Superiors need to be covered. Haagenti is refered to other Superior texts but he's given no coverage of his own amongst the Exiles & I can't find what his Word is. Same for Asmodeus amongst the Host. There's also a reference to a Superior called Hatiphas mentioned no where else in the Lilith write-up & an entire Choir serving Eve. Eve ofcourse needs to be given coverage (though her presence on the Superior list at least expresses the intent) & the same goes for White Star(?). I suppose most of these inconsistancies can be explained as the development process droping previous ideas.

There is some inconsistancy on whether the Resonance of all members of the same Choir are the same, or if the altered Resonance applies to the Exiles while the Host still have the original book Resonances. There's references at points to "Seraphim-Seraphim" vs. "Balseraph-Seraphim" that aren't explained anywhere I can find...

Last edited by Glamourweaver; 02-16-2005 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:30 AM   #8
EDG

Quote:
You use "need" like it's an official sourcebook. ;)

Moe's archive is incomplete. I'll continue to see if I can get in touch with him and/or see if I can piece together what's missing - but it'll be at least a week before I can get to it, due to other pressing concerns.

(Incidentally, in canon In Nomine, Hatiphas is the Demon of Sorcery, a Balseraph serving Fate.)
EDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #9
Glamourweaver

Yeah I know it was late & I misspoke. I ment "need" in the sense that "it would be cooler if". But its still really cool.

Tags
heretical, setting