Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-20-2004, 08:35 AM   #1
ScaredofScissors

Default In Nomine: Tether Locations

Thought I'd start a thread where people can place interesting Tethers they've had in their games.

Here's mine:

The Saturday Nite Poker Game

A Tether to Greed, this place only existed as a tether when a certain high stakes poker game was being played. The Seneschal picked the location (always different), and the location was discovered by word-of-mouth.

In our game, one of the players was a Renegade Lilim, and he'd go to the game every so often to get info. The other players took a break from their regular characters and played demons (some recurring NPCs, some made up for the evening). It was a great excuse to play Evil for an evening, and the player of the Lilim had fun selling secrets about the other PCs for Geases.
ScaredofScissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 06:05 PM   #2
Lucius Drake

Default Re: In Nomine: Tether Locations

I once ran a game set in my city, and had an old cemetery as a tether to Death. While this may seem a little stereotypical, it wasn't a tether because of the graves, at least not primarily. It was a tether due to the run-down, creepy, eerie decay of the place. That and there have been murders (fictional for game purposes) in the cemetery grounds. A lot of "bad vibes" about the place. The seneschal used to make sure that any attempts to clean it up were scuttled in the Council meetings.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:22 PM   #3
Demiurgent

Default Re: In Nomine: Tether Locations

I did the entirety of a state highway in New Hampshire as a Tether to Saminga. See, this particular highway requires headlights all day long because people... well, keep hitting each other and dying. And then people line the sides of the highway with white crosses where their loved ones died. The Word Forces generated are tremendous. Sooner or later, it blossoms into a perfect home for a Death Shedite to lurk. And slip into drivers' heads and keep the carnage going, of course....

Like lots of people, I put a Davidian tether at the Old Man of the Mountain site up at Franconia Notch, but then the formation fell off the mountain. Which means there's a campaign there. Oh, and ten minutes from where he used to be are the single finest pancakes and bacon on the planet, bar none. I mean, damn.

Tags
setting