Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default [IC] Lost in Dreams [Mellisa]

Mellisa Moon dreamed of a knight and a dragon. It was a silly thing to dream, but there the scaly beasts were, in a rather literal fashion. The scales were metallic and shiny, and even made ringing noises when hit. The breath of the dragon came out as a rather short (and ineffective) blast, with the heat of the flame surely focused inside the creature.

The horse of the knight was a large white beasts with unnatural strength, clad in complete armor, as were his rider. The Knight seemed to have every conceivable weapon with him, including a few guns. The knight chased the dragon. The dragon flew on. And still the knight chased the creature. Every so often, the dragon would turn to face its foe, but it did not seem to have either the power to overwhelm the knight or the endurance to leave him behind. The wings always tired, and the dragon dropped while the knight pursued...

Mellisa woke up completely naked in some woods. She could hear running water, and could see a dirt path. The stars were out, and the wind whistled through the trees.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
MatthewVilter

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Mellisa]

I smile up at the trees and stars. Enjoying this moment, the moment when you wake up early enough to walk to a hilltop or rock outcropping to watch the sun ri- WHAT A SECOND I'm not on a camping trip! I've got midterms today! Where the he-

I move to sit up and realise that I'm naked.

"What the hell?!"

I sit up, bringing my feet in close and hugging my knees, and look around to see if I recognise this place.

Where am I? What am I doing here? ...(that's right Melissa: W^5H)... When...what time is it? How did I get here? Who brought me here, and why??? (well it doesn't help if you can't answer any of them)...

After a moment of thought, I get up slowly (with an arm over my breasts), look around from standing height, check myself for any injuries, and take a few tentative steps towards the path.

EDIT: If nothing new happens by the time I get to the path I will setup a cairn to mark where I woke up and start walking (uphill if applicable) along the path.

Last edited by MatthewVilter; 09-01-2013 at 10:55 PM.
MatthewVilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The water's location quickly becomes obvious: its in a small gully it carved out, just nearby. A large and fine looking wooden bridge crosses the gulf. The path (a dirt road really) has a set of deep ruts in it, when inspected more closely. The ruts are about three feet apart, and from the foot marks are usually drawn by some sort of hoofed animal.

The terrain is hilly, but the road is built mostly flat. There are a few smaller paths, seemingly for people traveling on foot (cutting over the hills instead of winding around them). She doesn't recognize the terrain as being anywhere in the United States. It certainly isn't anywhere in the national parks system. perhaps it could be somewhere on the ohio river valley...

Melissa is piling rocks for the cairn when an 8-foot 'man' climbs out of the gully. he has a rusty red skin, large pointed ears, huge muscles, and a very ugly looking face. He carries large sword on one side (held on by a belt, he's only slightly less naked than her) and a net on the other.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
MatthewVilter

My jaw literally drops open at the sight of this mind boggling horror.

This can't b- How is this happening? I must be on something...nothing I can do about that right now. What do I do in the meantime? Run? He's ~1.41 times taller than me...no good. Then what? 1.99 times as heavy? More, look at those muscles! Yeah, that's it! A tree!

After several seconds I look quickly around for a climbable looking tree and at the same time put the rock, which I had just picked up, down. After I let go of the rock my hands come up unconsciously to cover my breasts and my knees knock together awkwardly. Almost immediately though I am running for the tree and any thoughts of modesty are, if not forgotten, rendered moot.

I'm probably on LSD and that's just an old homeless man... Or I AM on LSD BUT that thing is my kidnaper! KEEP RUNNING!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Thing lets Mellisa climb the tree, slowly taking out its net and walking towards her perch. It gestures for her to come down or it will hit her with its fist. Either that or it wants her to come down so it CAN hit her with its fist. It grunts as it gestures.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
MatthewVilter

I keep climbing the tree, trying to reach a height where I would be out of reach of this guy if he climbs up after me (to the height where the tree could support him). A secondary concern is keeping some branches in between me and him (to limit his use of the net).

(If I make it that far or can't get that high and get as high as I can:)

Spoiler:  
Old 09-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Mellisa goes as high as she dares. It doesn't actually improve her view much, due to the slope she is on. She can see the bridge though, and where the river runs. on the other side of it is simply more forest.

The thing scowls at the screaming, and circles around the tree a couple of times. It shakes the tree, or at least tries to, but the tree is quite firm. Scowling and giving a roar (or is it a shout, it sounds fairly human) the creature circles around the tree a couple of times, then sits down at its base.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #8
MatthewVilter

Doesn't seem like talking is going to help...

I will continue calling out intermittently for a bit, clinging awkwardly to the tree.

Maybe I just need to...

"Hey!"
I make gestures for the big man to leave.
"Shoo!"

Yeah right, I bet that will work, no problem...
Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Brute just sits there, keeping one eye on Mellisa, and another on the ravine.

(Unless she does something, this will continue for about 3 hours without any changes).

Old 09-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
MatthewVilter

For the first hour I will keep intermittently calling for help. After that my voice is probably getting hoarse.

Well I guess this isn't a bad dream...or a bad trip...so...it's real?

I look down at the big, red, mostly naked man, look around at the landscape, look at my poor, tired, probably scratched up, naked self.

What is going on? What is this and why is it happening to me of all people?

I start to cry, just a few quiet sobs and tears running down my face.

Sloppy thinking, Melissa, things happen to people. No reason to think you're special. - OH YEAH, things happen to people! THINGS! But not things like this! If nothing else this whole "thing" makes me pretty "special"!

After some time I will become concerned that I am risking becoming too stiff (clinging desperately to the tree in the same position as when I first climbed up) and carefully sit down.

Other than that I'm just going to wait.

Maybe he will turn to stone at sunrise...

Tags
lost in dreams