Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Graham]

"A dream walker then?" the shortest of the elves who led him in asks "This could be a manifested form..."

"But he does it naturally and unconsciously, from accross the barrier?" The woman pointed out "That would be a feat much greater that breaching the barrier."

"Perhaps he can only send part of mind, a frozen reflection of who he was before he snatched it and sent it across the worlds." This is the one with the large nose. He directed the next question at Graham "Which magics do you practice? and do you know any ...." the word translates somewhere between magician, gate-hopper, and conjurer.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
momothefiddler

"Magics? I know no magics. In fact, outside of my dreams, magic is just a fantasy."

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The elves looked shocked, and Graham feels the swirling power gather around the short one. The elf pauses, and then says "He speaks the truth, at least to his mind. And yet he is here, on the other side of the barrier. This world is heavy in magic, and a favorite target of demons and other invaders. The barrier is a magical defense to keep them off this world. you don't know magic, and yet you pierced it."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #14
momothefiddler

"This world? You mean the barrier's around the entire planet? Or this whole... universe?"

Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

As Graham speaks the words, he hears himself speaking elvish, but the translation breaks down. The first word, given for world, translates to the exact same word as universe. Speaking his thoughts again, Graham tries for "planet" instead. The whole thing comes out very awkwardly.

The Elf with the large nose puzzles out the question "You want to know if we have a barrier around the world or around the... oh, you think you're on an infinite world. Slythana is finite. The barrier is in the astral, and protects the whole world-universe"

Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
momothefiddler

"Finite? Even if you go up?"

Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #17
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Or down. Up will bring you to another part of Slythana. Down will lead you to tunnel directly into the astral plane. don't they study topology where you come from? and what world are you from anyway?"

Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
momothefiddler

He stares at her for a few seconds, trying to visualize this. "So it is - Slythana is... flat? And I don't know what world-universe I come from. As far as I know, we've never traveled to any others so we don't have a name for it. We generally just call it 'the universe'. I personally live on a planet - a flying sphere of land - that we call Earth. That's just as generic because, again, we're not terribly well-traveled."

Old 03-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"A flying sphere of land in an infinite flat universe.... not unheard of but fairly far out there. And you say there's no magic? thats a impressive claim. How does your world not fall apart?"

Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
momothefiddler

"No, the universe isn't flat. It's infinite in all directions. At least, we think. And it holds together because of gravity. There's no magic as far as anyone's been able to find. Well, and prove."

Tags
lost in dreams