Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Elijah]

Elijah walked for over an hour, following the river to his side. He crossed several "game paths" so beaten down a tank could traverse them without leaving tracks.

He recognizes that the river runs from the north east to the southwest, though it has lots of bends in it.

He pauses when he sees a skull on the ground. Not just a dinosaur skull, he's seen a few of those, but a HUMAN skull. a quick glance around reveals it isn't just the skull, but other parts of the skeleton scattered around as well.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
Talosian

Elijah stops in his tracks, staring at the skull. People and dinosaurs didn't coexist... but, if I'm dreaming, why not? Elijah looks around carefully for anything that might have belonged to the unfortunate fellow, and looks carefully at the bones to see if it's obvious what killed him (say, getting chomped). If he can't find anything, he'll continue upriver. He'll also look for something club-like on the way.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He is successful in his search. He finds two halves of a stone spear, the tool broken almost precisely in half. He also finds a small stone knife and the remnants of a leather bag and a leather... something else, he's not sure what it is, as its pretty badly mangled.

He's unable to get a good estimate of how big the thing that killed the fellow was, but it was large enough to tear whatever that other leather was apart, and small enough to pick the meat off the bones rather than swallowing whole.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #14
Talosian

Elijah decides to wrap the scraps of leather around the spear parts, and carry them as a bundle, and keep the knife in hand. Well, at least this is a nightmare where I'm armed. He'll start off upriver again, keeping an eye out for giant spiders, and an ear out for anything crashing through the foliage.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Elijah sees several more large arthopods, including an oversized centipede. As the sun climbs higher, he begins to feel hungry, and even the giant Spiders can't keep his appetite away forever.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
Talosian

Why am I hungry in a dream? Irritated by the ridiculousness of being hungry in a dream, he pushes on for a little while, but soon his hunger overcomes him. He begins to look for something that looks fairly edible, preferably some kind of fruit that he won't have to chase down. If he can't find anything, he'll start looking for something rodent-like, and, if push comes to shove, he'll spit anything he can find with the end of the spear.

(You can make a Naturalist roll for him, I shouldn't know if anything he finds might kill him :P)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #17
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

His search for plant food is ... fruitless, to use a bad pun. He hasn't seen a flowering plant during his entire time hear, now that he thinks of it. He tries tasting various ferns: some are terrible, others unchewable, and non convince him that they have any nutritional value at all.

The only creatures he's seen, other than the Pterosaurs in the air or massive beasts on the river are the giant insects. The only ones that sit still long enough for him to get close at all are the larger predators: the spiders.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #18
Talosian

(Hell.)

Elijah will push on a little farther, pushing out of the jungle to look around on the bank. If he still can't find anything, he'll try to walk a bit farther. and continue until it's clearly futile. At that point, he'll venture into the woods, looking for anything edible. He'll take anything he can find, continuing on in search of a spider when he gets desperate.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #19
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The water proves to be an difficult search: its quite muddy. Its a mixed blessing though: after wading for quite some time through the water, he picks up a possible food item: a leech. Its quite small, and still wriggling.

By now he's gone quite a distance, and the sun is well on its descent down. The leech is possibly food, but not much, and certainly not enough.

(do with the leech as you will)

Leaving the water, Elijah locates a large spider, about 18 inches across, sitting on a tree about 20 feet way. He guesses its about 5PM, and he hasn't eaten all day. For weapons, he has the stone knife, a spear 3 feet long, and sticks or rocks from the forest floor.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #20
Talosian

Elijah puts down the stuff he was carrying, holding the knife in his left hand. He'll pick up a rock with his right hand, and throw it at the spider.

(Throwing 10, -6 for range, -2 for size [I think, although the oval-ness of the spider might make that -1], +1 for All-Out Attack (Determined), +2 for extra aim, so he should be at effective skill 3. Woo! If it doesn't move, he'll continue to chuck rocks at it until he hits it.)

Tags
lost in dreams