Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #131
Hemlock
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

*bump*

I have a design or two I'd like to add to the list; but don't have time right now ... so

*bump*

to prevent this thread from falling off the edge into the 'memory hole'.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #132
Parody
 
Parody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock
to prevent this thread from falling off the edge into the 'memory hole'.
Err..what?
__________________
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:24 PM   #133
SimonAce
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
I like this one also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB 1473
Snapper You've never seen a real turtle until you've seen a Snapper. This Div 40 pickup has enough armor to shrug off the heaviest volleys, and an anti-tank gun capable of making foes regret having gotten your attention.

Pickup, Carbon-Aluminum Frame, Extra-Heavy Chassis, Heavy Suspension, 150 cid Engine, Turbocharger, Blueprinting, Tubular Headers, 5 gallon Duelling Tank, six SB Solid Tires, ATG with APFSDS F, HRSWC, Driver with Body Armor, Overdrive. Sloped LR Metal/ Standard Plastic Armor: F 20/13, L 12/18, R 12/18, B 15/25, T 0/10, U 0/20. 10 points FP Component Armor around Driver, ATG, and engine and gas tank. Two 10-point wheelhubs F, two 10-point wheelguards B. HC 2, Accel 5/10, Top Speed 60. $39,694, 7799 lbs.
Interesting design. I can't remember ever seeing that much metal armor on a design.

I am not as sanguine about The Snapper , its slow and lacks acceleration and maneuver, and the AT gun even with the computer is -- just OK

However in the right arena conditions or against weak weapons -- its a potential killer
SimonAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:24 AM   #134
kjamma4
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicagoland Area, Illinois
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody
Err..what?
I think so that it is "higher up" on the CW forum page to jog his memory.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #135
Hemlock
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4
I think so that it is "higher up" on the CW forum page to jog his memory.
I would confirm or deny this allegation ... but my poor memory prevents me from remembering why I did it.

*snicker*
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #136
43Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonAce
I am not as sanguine about The Snapper , its slow and lacks acceleration and maneuver, and the AT gun even with the computer is -- just OK
I'll go so far as to say: Most D40 designs I've seen will turn this thing into a
colander in appallingly short order -- a few rounds of HESH; then either a few
rounds of HEAT, or a ram (I never use CA -- There Is A Reason For This).

Underpowered, undergunned -- and under the ground in a few turns.
__________________
"Dale *who*?"

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:33 AM   #137
Pacey
 
Pacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Leeds, England
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter
(I never use CA -- There Is A Reason For This).
After having my CA-framed trike confetti'd by a ram car recently, I'm seriously considering joining you with that strategy...
Pacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #138
Hemlock
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter
I'll go so far as to say: Most D40 designs I've seen will turn this thing into a
colander in appallingly short order -- a few rounds of HESH; then either a few
rounds of HEAT, or a ram (I never use CA -- There Is A Reason For This).

Underpowered, undergunned -- and under the ground in a few turns.

By CA, I assume you mean Carbon-Aluminum frames ... and not Component Armor.

Component Armor and a roll cage are integral parts of an anti-ram defense.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:48 AM   #139
43Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock
By CA, I assume you mean Carbon-Aluminum frames ... and not Component Armor.
Yeah -- the hyphen got Shub-Internetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock
Component Armor and a roll cage are integral parts of an anti-ram defense.
Check the design -- no Roll Cage.

And it doesn't matter anyway, because of the Almighty Confetti Rule -- anyone
doing 78 pts. or more in a ram automatically destroys it, regardless of whether
or not it had a Roll Cage.

This design is a Failure. The End.
__________________
"Dale *who*?"

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #140
Hemlock
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
Yeah -- the hyphen got Shub-Internetted.



Check the design -- no Roll Cage.

And it doesn't matter anyway, because of the Almighty Confetti Rule -- anyone
doing 78 pts. or more in a ram automatically destroys it, regardless of whether
or not it had a Roll Cage.

This design is a Failure. The End.
I thought it was 1 point of damage for every 50 lbs ... so it would take 156 points of damage to confetti a pull-weight pick-up.

And I agree, the design stinks ...
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.