Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 08-16-2019, 12:42 AM   #1
corwyn

Default Files for DF

So I'm playing in a DF game. It uses DFRPG as a basis but we can use pretty much anything allowed in either version so I'm wondering what files to use. The files I've found for DFRPG books mark the basic set as Taboo so can't have the basic set gdf. So far I've been using two different data sets to cover everything i need but it's clunky and has caused a few (non-critical) problems.

What files should I use? Is there a solution other than taking the DFRPG files and taking out the BS stuff and removing the Taboo?

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
rkbrown419

Default Re: Files for DF

You could just use the Gurps Dungeon Fantasy files found in the worldbooks folder. I'm not sure how many changes there are between templates in standard DF and GDF but it should get you pretty close.
rkbrown419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
corwyn

Mostly, but there are things in DFRPG that differ from BS + DF books. The Bard and Barbarian templates, several Swashbuckler abilities (most important to me, as this is an all-swashbuckler game), etc.

Anyone know what will happen if I add the standalone DFRPG file and remove the Taboo line?

Old 08-16-2019, 07:08 PM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

If you load the DFRPG file after the Basic Set file, it should ensure that the things it needs are preserved, at the possible expense of things in Basic Set.

I don't think anything will necessarily explode. Of course, you'll have tons of stuff that totally doesn't fit in the campaign.

There may be traits that get broken because they refer to something that is replaced or restructured in DFRPG. On the whole, though, you'll likely be okay, with probably some minor irritations.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #5
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
If you load the DFRPG file after the Basic Set file, it should ensure that the things it needs are preserved, at the possible expense of things in Basic Set.

I don't think anything will necessarily explode. Of course, you'll have tons of stuff that totally doesn't fit in the campaign.

There may be traits that get broken because they refer to something that is replaced or restructured in DFRPG. On the whole, though, you'll likely be okay, with probably some minor irritations.
I could probably live with that. I'll be doing characters for the people who are new to gurps, the others have enough experience to ignore the stuff that doesn't apply. I'll give it a shot.