Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #81
Dalillama

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

"Hi Thessin, Polly, nice to meet you. The bottom line is that our various bosses have told us to find Eli and get him any help that he might need, of whatever type seems appropriate. The last entity we know to have seen him is Euodias, so we're hoping she can help put us on the scent." Baz offers his hand for Thessin to shake, and then offers it to the nearest bush of significant size.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #82
Acolyte

Heb Rhoneniel looks around a bit awkwardly, as there is no physical manifestation of the Kyriotate to nod gravely to. This may be amusing to onlookers. Eventually, he announces a greeting to the air. "Well met, Pollofyto."

"I don't think it is necessarily a good idea," he begins, "Rudy, to divulge--silence, Baz!" interrupts Heb Rhoneniel in a calm voice much much louder than he customarily uses, hopefully cutting him off before he reveals too much/any more about their mission. The fact that he used Jedediah-Bezek's nickname is a sign of how perturbed he is, although his tone is still even.

"Regardless of how we feel about our friends, the fewer people that know the Truth of our endeavor, the fewer tracks we leave for hunters of whatever nature to follow. Do you want to put our colleagues in the path of the Inquisition? Or worse, the Fallen?"

Heb Rhoneniel freely lets his anger be known, though without blame or judgment in his voice. The cruel emphasis he puts on the last word is riddled with both anger and unassailable loss.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #83
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Heb Rhoneniel freely lets his anger be known, though without blame or judgment in his voice. The cruel emphasis he puts on the last word is riddled with both anger and unassailable loss.
Soma stands up and goes to her friend. She puts a hand on his arm and looks at him in a comforting manner.

Then she looks around after a few moments

"My apologies, it is a pleasure and an honor to meet you both."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #84
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post

"Regardless of how we feel about our friends, the fewer people that know the Truth of our endeavor, the fewer tracks we leave for hunters of whatever nature to follow. Do you want to put our colleagues in the path of the Inquisition? Or worse, the Fallen?"
"And if our informants dont trust our intentions, how are they to know that we are not ourselves agents of the Inquisition? Or worse yet, the Fallen. Certainly I can make my way through deceit if need be, but I would think that of all people you would not be the first to recommend it, Most Holy. As you yourself have reminded us, we are acting under orders, and in the service of Heaven. By the nature of our mission, I feel we should treat allies of Creation as allies of our own unless we have some reason not to. Certainly I see no harm in our own collegues of Flowers who are helpng us in our search knowing who we are searching for, as it would be hard to get useful information without divulging that fact, and in truth, our mission consists of little else unti lwe have at least caught his scent." Baz rattles his speech out in a rapid staccatto, seeming to want to getthe words out as fast as possible, but shows no signs of anger, only enthusiasm.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #85
ladyarcana55

Soma, being a woman of few words, looks at Bez. She is very expressive and her demeanor conveys awe that he got so much out so quickly. Or perhaps she is impressed that it all still made sense.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #86
rknop

"Heh, well, I'm not a servitor of Creation, Baz."

Thiessin smiles. "But don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut. You might wanna mention to people who you tell what you're up to to keep their mouths shut, though, otherwise we might go around blabbing it not realizing that we might be causing you trouble. Seriously."

As you talk, two more people come into the field and approach you. One is an attractive young woman with long wavy blond hair. The second is a slightly chubby, friendly-faced man walking to her side and a half of a pace behind her. You can almost feel the aura of "I am a Cherub and you aren't going to mess with my charge here" about him....

The blond woman walks up to your group. "Hey Thiessin," she says, briefly, before turning to the rest of you. "Hi, I'm Euodias." She nods to the man behind her. "This is Alastair. Pollofyto said you were looking for me?"
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #87
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

"That's right," Rudy says to the beautiful blonde. "It's nice to meet you at last, Euodias .... even as long as I've been here, it seems like there's always one more person to know. I'm called Rudy." She grins. "You may have been warned about me by Hallaren or by this reprobate," she adds, pointing her thumb toward Thiessen. She quickly introduces the others standing around.

"Alastair, good to meet you. Hope the town's been kind to you; Heaven knows even San Francisco can use all the Guardians it can get."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:39 AM   #88
ladyarcana55

Soma steps forward

"If you would allow me Rudy? I'm afraid the plethora of questions I have cannot be contained."

Looking at Euodias, she smiles gently

"A thousand greetings, Euodias, I was wondering if you would mind me asking you a few questions. I have not been home or among 'civilization' in such a long time, I am trying to catch up, as it were. I had heard that Eli himself had brought you to Heaven's light and I was wondering about him. It has been so long since anyone had seen him, it is natural for one to wonder and worry. How was he? Where did you meet? How did you meet? Did he say anything after he brought you here?"

(OOC: After she answers those questions)

"Please forgive my inquisitive nature, my dear sister, but I, personally, have never had the honor to encounter a Gifter. I must admit my curiosity overcomes my common sense. Forgive me. I also serve our Lady Novalis and I was wondering what made you decide to ally yourself with her?"
Old 09-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #89
Andygal

Naomi smiles warmly at the Bright and walks over to shake her hand, "Lovely to meet you Euodias. She then smiles at the Cherub and says "It's nice to meet you too Alastair." and goes over to give his hand a quick shake before stepping back to let Soma talk.
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #90
Dalillama

"Good after noon, Euodias, Alastair. I'm happy to meet you."

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp