Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #481
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

He dismisses the last comment with a noise, not quite a growl, deep in his throat. He turns his head slowly, ignoring his confined hands, and looks at Sunae the best he can. "My uncle needs to be safe. Break the ward, or put his briefcase inside it." He gives Bruce an ugly stare and the demon shrinks behind Glen. "Now, if you'll kindly let me outside to let off some steam, I promise you I am in control." He points towards the door with his shoulder. The room is windowless (he notes wryly) and has one door that leads into the hall between the hotel and the occult book section.
Glen breaks the ward and slides the briefcase into the space Shiro occupies. "Go ahead and get in, then."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #482
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He dismisses the last comment with a noise, not quite a growl, deep in his throat. He turns his head slowly, ignoring his confined hands, and looks at Sunae the best he can. "My uncle needs to be safe. Break the ward, or put his briefcase inside it." He gives Bruce an ugly stare and the demon shrinks behind Glen. "Now, if you'll kindly let me outside to let off some steam, I promise you I am in control." He points towards the door with his shoulder. The room is windowless (he notes wryly) and has one door that leads into the hall between the hotel and the occult book section.
"You're right, he does need to be safe. I misinterpreted your actions, which should be no surprise considering I don't deal in sorcery. I apologize for that."

She let's him go

"You are angry and that's what I was reacting to."

Brief pause

"Do you want me to go with you?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #483
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen breaks the ward and slides the briefcase into the space Shiro occupies. "Go ahead and get in, then."
"Wait...before you do Shirao-sama...I had a thought I wanted to run by you and Ryuki. That message you asked me to convey to your brother...I am thinking that perhaps it may be best if you told him. There are things I am sure he needs to hear from you and things you both need to say to each other. Ryuki...would you be willing to allow him to borrow your body for that conversation?"
Old 10-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #484
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Kingman looks at Mitch with fear and hate. "A couple of them I bought from dealers who said they contained big, mean old demons," he pauses between words, "or maybe gods. Folks who should be kept away from this world. Unless the dealers were lying."
"Nice crowd you hang with," Kane says mildly, the blade close enough for Kingman to feel the heat. "These folks leave any names? Their own, or their cargo's?"

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #485
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"You're right, he does need to be safe. I misinterpreted your actions, which should be no surprise considering I don't deal in sorcery. I apologize for that."

She let's him go
"Thank you," he says, almost inaudibly. "As for sorcery, maybe I should teach you, at least teach you what to expect."

Quote:
"Do you want me to go with you?"
"Not particularly. Though you're welcome to watch."

Quote:
"Wait...before you do Shirao-sama...I had a thought I wanted to run by you and Ryuki. That message you asked me to convey to your brother...I am thinking that perhaps it may be best if you told him. There are things I am sure he needs to hear from you and things you both need to say to each other. Ryuki...would you be willing to allow him to borrow your body for that conversation?"
"Yeah, not a problem." The answer is glib, but his thought's aren't there right now. Shiro also answers, and while only Glen can hear him his gestures are pretty clear. He's agreeing, "Of course, I don't see a problem with that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
And with a low bow he disappears into his anchor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Nice crowd you hang with," Kane says mildly, the blade close enough for Kingman to feel the heat. "These folks leave any names? Their own, or their cargo's?"
Kingman suddenty gets a spine, bad timing considering the flaming sword. "No, and here's why. If I die here today, I take those names to Hell with me. If I die before I speak them, Hell has them and your side doesn't. The longer I'm alive, the later Hell gets that information. I tell you now and I'm the only one who loses." He spares a glance towards where DeShawn was standing, daring him to give up the information, but he's slipped away. He can't have gone far though--you didn't hear any doors and your collective eyes were only off him for a second.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #486
alexondria

Zahirah would shake her head, "And this is why you are firmly on the path to Hell."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #487
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Not particularly. Though you're welcome to watch."
"Wait...Ryuki, we're forgetting something."

She hands him the phone with Corat still on the line

"We're not finished yet and they need your direction to see this through properly."

She massages his shoulders

"It'll be okay. You're uncle is safe."
Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #488
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Kingman suddenty gets a spine, bad timing considering the flaming sword. "No, and here's why. If I die here today, I take those names to Hell with me. If I die before I speak them, Hell has them and your side doesn't. The longer I'm alive, the later Hell gets that information. I tell you now and I'm the only one who loses." He spares a glance towards where DeShawn was standing, daring him to give up the information, but he's slipped away. He can't have gone far though--you didn't hear any doors and your collective eyes were only off him for a second.
Kane catches Corat's eye for a second, nods toward the notable absence of DeShawn. If anyone can catch up, it's a Wheel, especially one who's been with both The Wind and Spies.

Then he looks at Kingman again. It's not a nice look.

"You know, for a smart man, you're pretty dumb." Picking a non-lethal but painful place on Kingman's leg, he begins to draw tally marks on the sorcerer with the sword point as he talks.

"One. We've already got your stuff. We can keep these guys outta circulation."

"Two. We can find the names without you. Maybe the kid. Maybe a friendly expert. Maybe someone used to revealing the truth."

"Three. You're assuming Hell cares. You're assuming Hell will even bother to ask right away. They'll probably spend your first few decades just ******* in your eye sockets and using little pieces of your soul to pave Hades with."

"Four. You're assuming I care. I might, if I thought you even had a prayer of getting out of the pit by now. But not only did you sell your soul, you don't even care about finding the receipt. That means you've given yourself to Evil -- and I have certain views about Evil."

"Five." The cross-hatch mark is made with a quick slash. "You're assuming the choice is between die now and die later. You're wrong. It's between die clean and die hard."

He raises the blade, adjusts the aim a little higher -- somewhere guaranteed to get the sorcerer's attention.

"So what's it going to be, Kingman? You gonna make life a little easier so you can die like a man? Or do you even care if you die as a man?" The point shows no sign of wavering.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #489
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Wait...Ryuki, we're forgetting something."

She hands him the phone with Corat still on the line

"We're not finished yet and they need your direction to see this through properly."

She massages his shoulders

"It'll be okay. Your uncle is safe."
Ryuki holds the phone and taps his fingers on it. Sunae can feel the tension and it's not letting up. "Hey Corey, I gotta go. Men's room. But you've got a little problem--I've thinned the number of demons out there but it will take a little while. You'll need those wards to hold another twenty minutes, and they'll need maintenance. And I can't do that from here."

"Okay kid, thanks for the heads-up. Hey Kane, we got a little problem."

Ryuki leaves the phone on and slips it into a pocket. "This will only take a minute," and heads for the door.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #490
alexondria

Zahirah would actually move to place herself between Kane and Kingman. "I may not think I can save him anymore, but I will not stand by and allow you to torture him." She would have tried to move before he got more than one cut in very obvious that she disproves of the method. "If you need" a slight emphasis on the word need "to make someone hurt then take me."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine