Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #1511
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
"Shuck seems to think he's here, or was very recently. Even if he's not doing it, he might have stuck around to watch.
Regardless, we're still going in. I trust Shuck's instincts. Of course he may be here giving orders to someone. Either way...someone, or something, is not going to survive this encounter. Let's just make sure it's the being we are aiming for."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #1512
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Regardless, we're still going in. I trust Shuck's instincts. Of course he may be here giving orders to someone. Either way...someone, or something, is not going to survive this encounter. Let's just make sure it's the being we are aiming for."
"Sounds good to me." Glen replies. "When the door opens, I'll let Shuck go. He knows his target, and should provide a good distraction for the two of you."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #1513
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteris View Post
At the party, Remiel turned his eye towards the so-called Lord of Misrule. But there was no time to wonder why someone would call himself that. It clutched Ted's hand tighter and would try to force a path towards Mitch with it's other hands and (lack of) body. "Found him! He's over here! We're coming to you!"
Mitch raises his head as high as he can he and spots Remiel slowly making his way towards them. "There he is. Come on Corat." He starts towards the Kyrio, using his body and wings to gently move aside the partiers.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #1514
tHEhERETIC

((I wrote this gorgeous post, by hand, at the Toki coffeehouse yesterday. So of course I left it in my other bag.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch raises his head as high as he can he and spots Remiel slowly making his way towards them. "There he is. Come on Corat." He starts towards the Kyrio, using his body and wings to gently move aside the partiers.
It's a very tall serpent and friends against a crowd and a doorway, and it's going to be a hard-won fight. You all meet together in the doorway, the doorjambs giving you something to hold onto against the constant motion of those around you. Ted and Bill embrace each other and hold on.

You all catch a glimpse of what Remiel alone had seen--that past that doorway is an impossibly large room full of circling beings sucking the partiers in like a whirlpool. In the center is an odd fellow held up on a litter/throne. You have his attention, and he stands up unsteadily on his chair. "Awww, you're not leaving us are you?" His tone is mocking, as is the gesture of fists to his eyes like a child crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane also makes for the kitchen, stopping only long enough to grab a discarded sock and a paperweight, making them into an improvised flail. Anything more ... well, if you can't find weapons in a kitchen, you're not trying.

"OK, let's dance," he says softly. If Sunae is moving fast enough, he's right behind her; if not, he'll bang through ahead, eager to join battle (and aware that he's in less danger than she is.)
Quote:
Glen hangs well back, waiting for a view through the kitchen door.
Quote:
Quote:
"Sounds good to me." Glen replies. "When the door opens, I'll let Shuck go. He knows his target, and should provide a good distraction for the two of you."
Black Shuck bounds into the kitchen, nearly bowling Kane over in his hurry to get there. He stands behind the figure in the kitchen watchfully, not yet its friend or its foe.

A laptop computer is the main light in the kitchen, but even by that light you can see basically what is going one. An out-of-shape man is sitting on a desk chair, his hands apparently taped to the armrests. He has a remote control in his mouth for now, though he's clearly trying to eject it. The floor is about a quarter inch deep of water, flowing from the kitchen faucet and held in on your side by the fact of a slightly recessed kitchen, and on the far side by the tracks of the sliding glass door.

Teetering precariously on the countertop is a toaster, plugged in.

On a table near the man is his laptop, running a series of short video clips. Right now you've got Han Solo and Indiana Jones saying "I've got a bad feeling about this" in a couple of different scenes, followed by "I don't care what you smell." It seems this guy's got a playlist of sci-fi quotes.

In front of the man's chair and the source, apparently, of much of his terror is...a microwave oven. Its door has been cleverly jammed open, and a tall and indistinct figure holds one hand near its buttons, the other prepared to pull the toaster into the water. He--as near as you can tell in this lighting--definitely sees you.

Outside, Glen might notice the Hunt is turning their motorcycles around. Perhaps they're bored, having found their quarry, perhaps something else.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #1515
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Black Shuck bounds into the kitchen, nearly bowling Kane over in his hurry to get there. He stands behind the figure in the kitchen watchfully, not yet its friend or its foe.

In front of the man's chair and the source, apparently, of much of his terror is...a microwave oven. Its door has been cleverly jammed open, and a tall and indistinct figure holds one hand near its buttons, the other prepared to pull the toaster into the water. He--as near as you can tell in this lighting--definitely sees you.

Outside, Glen might notice the Hunt is turning their motorcycles around. Perhaps they're bored, having found their quarry, perhaps something else.
Glen shouts "Shuck! Attack! KILL!!!!" and begins sidling towards the front door.

Last edited by Dalillama; 06-30-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: formatting
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #1516
ladyarcana55

"NO! Is he immune to electricity?"

She throws her sword towards the toaster mentally telling it to try to cut the cord to the toaster, and any other cord it can

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 06-30-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #1517
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

"Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Kane whirls his paperweighted sock like a bolas and throws, aiming it for the "microwave arm." His aim is for a sensitive spot on the arm (the funny bone for preference), that would make the man pull his arm back in reflex.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #1518
tHEhERETIC

((When my usual online tarot didn't work and I was "forced" to use the Lovecraft deck, I figured you were all doomed. Apparently not.))

Quote:
Glen shouts "Shuck! Attack! KILL!!!!" and begins sidling towards the front door.
The hound has a second of indecision. Kill? Which one? He lets his nose guide him--hmmm, that one's arm smells of fresh meat. Most of him smells of fresh meat, not plasticky like the other guy. The scared guy...he'll still be there in a minute.

Shuck leaps at the threatening figure, stretching to his full length and nearly hitting the ceiling. His paws land on Frank's shoulders, but not before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Kane whirls his paperweighted sock like a bolas and throws, aiming it for the "microwave arm." His aim is for a sensitive spot on the arm (the funny bone for preference), that would make the man pull his arm back in reflex.
Frank, perhaps overconfident, did not raise him arm to defend himself from the hound. Why would he? Instead the bola pushes the arm slightly back as the dog's weight pushes his body forward.

Quote:
"NO! Is he immune to electricity?"

She throws her sword towards the toaster mentally telling it to try to cut the cord to the toaster, and any other cord it can
Purifying Fire leaps at the chance, and steers itself subtly to cut the cord and not merely knock it. It slices easily through the insulation but bites into the copper beneath. The toaster never sees the water but its severed--and still plugged in--cord does. The water is now electrified.

The poor nerd in the chair sees this in time and lifts his feet up, clear for now. It won't be easy to hold his feet out of the water for long though, what with Frank and Shuck about to land a heavy and wriggling mass on top of him. The chair will hold though...probably....
Old 07-01-2012, 02:21 AM   #1519
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The poor nerd in the chair sees this in time and lifts his feet up, clear for now. It won't be easy to hold his feet out of the water for long though, what with Frank and Shuck about to land a heavy and wriggling mass on top of him. The chair will hold though...probably....
Sunae stays at the door

"Kane! The wire is in the water! Be careful!"

She looks at her sneakers and looks at the water, trying to gauge if the rubber soles would be enough to protect her. Sunae also looks for something she can throw in under him so if he does fall, he'll land on something that won't barbeque him
Old 07-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #1520
Mysteris

In Amy's body, Remiel would look around for a stick or an object that could lift the wire out of the water without electrocuting either the captive or the host. It'd even rummage through Amy's purse looking for something-anything, that could help.

The Remiel at the party waved one hand distractedly at the figure on the throne. "Sorry. We really need to get going. Bye now, and have fun!" It would form another hand to grab hold to Bill just in case and start forging a path towards the exit.
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine