Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #141
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: GURPS LOWTECH Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Especially if your whole reason for existing is being awesome with weapon X.
But it's DF so don't sweat the small stuff like minor point crocks. :)
If the GM allows only 8 levels of that to be taken, it's probably not going to break the game.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #142
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
If the GM allows only 8 levels of that to be taken, it's probably not going to break the game.
Especially since he's only taking it for a thrust-based weapon. At -80% it's effectively [8] per 1d of damage, equivalent to an Impaling Innate Attack. Now, if it was a weapon capable of swing based damage, -60% would look more appropriate. Definitely not under-priced, IMO.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #143
Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Especially if your whole reason for existing is being awesome with weapon X.
But it's DF so don't sweat the small stuff like minor point crocks. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Especially since he's only taking it for a thrust-based weapon. At -80% it's effectively [8] per 1d of damage, equivalent to an Impaling Innate Attack. Now, if it was a weapon capable of swing based damage, -60% would look more appropriate. Definitely not under-priced, IMO.
Yes. Such level of Striking ST surely doesn't fit realistic games, but it seems ok in DF games, where some races has a powerful bite (Striking ST 8 with bites in the reptilian race) or greater horns (Striking ST 8 with his horns, which are the Striker advantage). Our game started out as 400 DF game and now we're 600. Not only that, our GM already allowed unorthodoxy options even for a DF game (e.x.: our wizard has DR 5 as a magical force shield and Magery 7, plus Magery 3 for being a winged elf (elven power-up in DF 11) for a total of Magery 10... and the maximum template power-talent can exceed the standard 6 up to 10 levels through Special Exercise perk.

So, as I previously said, I'd like to increase my shooting damage in one die without having to buy piles of ST or buy the Martial Artist lens for Power Blow. That could be done with Innate Attack, but such option would increased the damage of any bow. But as a Striking ST 8 limited to bow shot only, it means that such improvment doesn't work with every bow a Scout has in his hand. So I think that such extra limitation would worth an extra-20%.

And I called this power-up as Mighty Shooter [8].
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low tech, religion