Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Tomixcomics

Default Undead, necrophobia , and polymorph potion

Quite a situation arose two nights ago as I had a necrophobia curse cast on a friend while in the dungeon of ubiquitous undead. I discarded a card to make a monser he encountered undead, which says he HAS to run away without fighting it. he wanted to play a polymorph poton on it to make it disappear,saying that its nto fighting it, its jsut making it go away. I argued that he should have to run without using it. We eventually decided on it with rock-paper-scissors and he won, but I then convinced him otherwise thanks to a crdI had that say "forces player to attempt to run away" which he agreed would not let him use the potion before running.

What do you guys think? should you be allowed to use stuff like polymorph potion against monsters who you have to run awya from?
Tomixcomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
LordArach

Default Re: Undead, necrophobia , and polymorph potion

I play it as one-shot items can not be used if you are cursed with necrophobia, and it is your combat. I would think that's right because you are too busy trying to run away and can't pull anything out of your bag. I'm not official though. I just wanted to show support for your decision.

Praise "Bob"!
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
natesroom

I've always played it he cant do anything at all except run away, now while he is attempting to run away i believe he can use whatever is at his disposal to couter the bad stuff (i.e. Sacrifice a hireling, play any one shot items to help him run away (baby oil etc) and use any items that give bonuses for running away (caltrops, tuba of charm, etc)
Old 06-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
LordArach

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesroom View Post
I've always played it he cant do anything at all except run away, now while he is attempting to run away i believe he can use whatever is at his disposal to couter the bad stuff (i.e. Sacrifice a hireling, play any one shot items to help him run away (baby oil etc) and use any items that give bonuses for running away (caltrops, tuba of charm, etc)
Yup. What he said.

Praise "Bob"!
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
natesroom

Im not an official response so dont quote me in case i'm wrong.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
Eben

Too late. But I agree with. You have to run away and can only be allowed to do things to aid in runnIng.
Eben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
MunchkinMan

I'm fairly certain that this has been answered here before, but I can't find it at the moment. If something forces you to Run Away, you have to Run Away, and very rarely can you do something to reverse that situation. In this particular situation, you must immediately Run Away because of the Undead Monster, so you can no longer play something like Pollymorph Potion.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:28 AM   #8
Tomixcomics

Thank you! :)
Tomixcomics is offline   Reply With Quote