Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
Mister Ed

Default Re: jumbo dice and dice bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesroom View Post
One fix on that issue would be to purchase $80 of product at one time and they will ship it for free i believe.
Possibly true, but considering I can get pretty much any other Munchkin product for a discount from my FLGS (which SJG WANTS me to buy from, anyway), I'd probably be coming out even FARTHER behind (though not as a percentage, I suppose).
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
Decimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Possibly true, but considering I can get pretty much any other Munchkin product for a discount from my FLGS (which SJG WANTS me to buy from, anyway)
The only places around me have Munchkin products at the same price or higher than the online price. Oh well, online orders with bonus items sounds ok to me.
Decimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimit View Post
The only places around me have Munchkin products at the same price or higher than the online price. Oh well, online orders with bonus items sounds ok to me.
I'd be doing the same in your position. All in all, I'm pretty lucky, I realize.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #14
Blu

Quote:
I, too, think it is a fair price per item. If I were to lament anything it would be that it was designed so that it decidedly ISN'T just "We've made Multiple colors for those that like other colors, and here is the price for that feature", but rather, "We've included unique cards in every different color of die in hopes that it will entice you to buy more dice than you would ordinarily want to".

I can't fault them for that thinking. They are a business (one that makes quality products) and therefore trying to bring in more profit. But it still bums me a bit to think there will be 5 (presumably cool) Munchkin cards I won't ever get my hands on simply because I can't bring myself to purchase redundant product to get them. And so far as I know, this is the first case where getting these kind of Munchkin cards HAS required purchasing redundant product. (And that has, for me, been a big attraction over other card games that put out multiple expansions, and are ALL ABOUT selling you a bunch of redundant product.)

My only OTHER "price" lament ALSO involves an item whose price is totally fair, IMHO- the W23 booster. And that's just a case of lamenting the fact that the cost more than doubles when you take shipping into account, thus becoming, in my case, unreasonable- not for them to charge, but for me to pay. Wish there was some other way to get it, that's all. (I am looking into whether there is anybody local here in Portland, OR that might want to go in on an order and split the shipping, so perhaps that lament will have a happy ending yet!)
I have two extra packs of the W23 booster and I'd be willing to trade you one if you have some stuff to trade. I'm always looking for promo items I don't have.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #15
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I have two extra packs of the W23 booster and I'd be willing to trade you one if you have some stuff to trade. I'm always looking for promo items I don't have.
I doubt I have the equivalent in trade items, but I'll PM you what little I do have when I have a chance. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #16
StormyWaters

I live in Vancouver if you're looking to place an order. There are a couple items I'd like.

Cthulhu: 1, 2, 3.

Munchkin Homebrew!

Illuminati: Deluxe, BFD, Y2K, MAD, Brainwash
StormyWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
Solelron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyWaters View Post
I live in Vancouver if you're looking to place an order. There are a couple items I'd like.
aww my local little addicts..>:)

trust me not hard to get 80.00 cash orders LOL the shot glasses, the cthuhlu dice bag.. and all those things that you can only get there. (and don't forget to convince your wife that you must send munchkin christmas cards this year LOL)
Solelron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #18
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solelron View Post
(and don't forget to convince your wife that you must send munchkin christmas cards this year LOL)
And birthday cards.

Oh, wait, we haven't announced those yet. Forget I said anything.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #19
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solelron View Post
aww my local little addicts..>:)

trust me not hard to get 80.00 cash orders LOL the shot glasses, the cthuhlu dice bag.. and all those things that you can only get there. (and don't forget to convince your wife that you must send munchkin christmas cards this year LOL)
Thus far the only thing I can only get there that I actually want is the booster. No interest in shot glasses or Cthulhu anything. (Though if the Munchkin Dice Bag is an exclusive, that will be tempting.)
Old 06-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #20
natesroom

Quote:
Thus far the only thing I can only get there that I actually want is the booster. No interest in shot glasses or Cthulhu anything. (Though if the Munchkin Dice Bag is an exclusive, that will be tempting.)
Well i heartily recommend Cthulhu Dice, and i've never read a HP Lovecraft book. Ever.

Tags
munchkin dice