Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #12
Hannes665

Default Re: most humorous GURPS moments you've had?

Way back in 3rd ed Gurps Black Ops game.

New player in a long running game was equipping his character.

Him - "Well I like these Hi-Power pistols, 13 rounds, 2d+2, Iīll take 3".

Me (GM) - "3? why 3? why not 1 and a lot of ammo and maybe a small backup pistol?" (The game was set in 1962).

Him - "Well I may need a second one if the first one malfunctions, I get the second one!"

The Group - "Why the 3rd one then?"

Him - "Well if the 2nd one also malfunctions!" (You can see were this is going)

Me - "Ehhh okey..." Grinning "yes thatīs going to happen."

Few hours later real time, few days later game time.

Location Vatican City, PCīs are running after a evil priest that is using some kind of device or magic to bring Gargoyle like critters to live and feed on the Vatican Priests. He uses his device to order a Gargoyle to attack the players.

Him - "I fast Draw my Hi-Power!"

Me - "Okey, you have 3 you know!?"

Him - "The one in my left shoulder holster, and snapshot 3 rounds at the Gargoyle"

He rolls a 18 and I roll in the Malf Table.

Me - "Nothing happens! Most likely a Jam!"

He - "I drop it and take the one from my right shoulder holster!" (He was Ambidex)

He rolls a 17 (hitīs on 11 or something like that)

Now the other players and I are looking sheepish as he asks us... I donīt need 3 Hi Powers!?

Me - "Hmmm cough... hmmm yes this one also seems to be jammed! Maybe the Priest is using some-kind of anti-Hi Power magic?"

He - "Yeah right...." reaches over and picks up another set of 3d6īs "I go for the last one in my waist band"

His next turn, "I take a AIMED! shot at the Gargoyle eating our Wizard, to the vitals!"

3rd turn he rolls a 18! Now we just loose it... for the next 5-8 min we are laughing so hard that we canīt even breath... we need a few minutes to get back to the game... and I have to roll the Malf. I donīt remember anymore what the number was but the result was a catastrophic failure!

After the Vatican mission... the player told me in a quiet tone that his character was done with automatic pistols, 357 magnum revolvers and he was training his sword skill up! :=)

Also in another campaign... Stargateish campaign.. the same player managed to jam 3 Fn-Minimis in 3 sessions back to back... his character never used the Fn-Minimi again.... :P

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
funny, humour, silliness