Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #151
apoc527

Default Re: Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet

Now just remove the "(round down)" notation next to Crippling Injury and it's perfect. ;-)

Currently Playing: GURPS Banestorm: The Symmetry of Darkness

Inactive:
Star*Drive: 2525-Hunting for Fun and Profit
My THS Campaign-In the Shadows of Venus
Yrth--The Legend Begins
The XCOM Apocalypse
apoc527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #152
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
Now just remove the "(round down)" notation next to Crippling Injury and it's perfect. ;-)
LOL, ok! Thanks a bunch...

Injury & Conditions Cheat Sheet 0.52
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #153
Onkl

Another Update:

Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet 0.53

I'm playing around with colors - and the second page still needs lot's of work.

Enjoy

Onkl
Old 05-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #154
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
Another Update:

Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet 0.53

I'm playing around with colors - and the second page still needs lot's of work.

Enjoy

Onkl
Nitpick

Quote:
If the body part reaches the maximum sufferable injury in a single blow, it is permanently crippled
Actually, you can cut the permanently part. It is crippled, how bad it is is unknown until after the battle.

EDIT, on the followup, it speaks that damage over twice the crippling threshold means that the part is destroyed, it should be injury...
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #155
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Set 420
When using hit locations, sufficient injury to a limb, extremity, or eye may cripple it. This requires a single injury that exceeds a certain fraction of the target’s HP.
Hrm, so... have I been doing crippling injuries wrong all the time? I always assumed that a single crippling hit would directly permanently cripple it while accumulated injury over the crippling thresholds cripples it with a HT roll after combat.

But since this quote from Basic Set cleary says it must be a single injury, what do you do with accumulated damage?

I got 10 ST, 10 HP, 10 HT: My Hand thus has 4 HP, when I receive a single wound of 5 HP my hand is crippled

What happenes when I receive two wounds, one with 2 and one with 4 injury to my hand? How much HP will I have left, 5 or 4? Will my hand be crippled?

I've updated the sheet and deleted the permanently from the sentence, thank you very much Kuroshime. I just updated the last Version and put it online.

Cheers Onkl

Last edited by Onkl; 05-27-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #156
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
But since this quote from Basic Set cleary says it must be a single injury, what do you do with accumulated damage?
You use an optional or house rule, as the Basic Set rules do not deal with accumulated damage at all. :)

You'll be interested in Martial Arts, which has extended partial crippling rules in there. But it still uses the worst wound on a location - you'd have to target an existing wound to aggravate it, really.

After all, in combat if you hit me in the arm four times and actually manage to saw away at the same spot each time? I am the most unlucky person in the world.
It's different from dressing a game animal, where you are sawing at the same spot.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #157
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
You use an optional or house rule, as the Basic Set rules do not deal with accumulated damage at all. :)

You'll be interested in Martial Arts, which has extended partial crippling rules in there. But it still uses the worst wound on a location - you'd have to target an existing wound to aggravate it, really.

After all, in combat if you hit me in the arm four times and actually manage to saw away at the same spot each time? I am the most unlucky person in the world.
It's different from dressing a game animal, where you are sawing at the same spot.
Thank you very much for the clarification, it's funny when you "redo" the learning process after years again when making such a help sheet, because of all the houserules and optional rules used in our games. But thanks to all of you helping it will hopeful be uselful when it's finished!

Cheers
Old 05-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #158
Onkl

New Version up:

Injury & Recovery Cheat Sheet 0.54

I think the colors are ok as they are, added a Physiology Table and made some minor corrections (I hope :))

Cheers

Onkl
Old 05-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #159
wellspring

Bookmarked with great thanks!! Wonderful resource.

Very minor typo found: Under Critical Miss Table, result 15, the word "crippled" is misspelled.
wellspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #160
mikec964

I want to share a printing tip for Americans. It might be obvious to many people, but here it is just in case. This comes from printing using a Mac and a Brother MFC-845CW printer, but this should work for everyone.

You can easily purchase legal size (8.5x14) paper here and I think that most printers work with that size (as well as A4, but it's less likely to be stock here).

If you print the Cheat Sheet on legal size paper, it will print at 113% of the original size. This gives you a 2-page (front & back) Cheat Sheet in text that is pretty easy to read.

If you print the Cheat Sheet on regular letter size (8.5x11) paper, it will print at 92% of the original size.

Onkl, thanks for creating and maintaining this terrific resource.
mikec964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat, game aid, game aids