Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Ex astris, veritas

Default Is it dead, Jim?

Greetings all,

I'm returning to In Nomine after several years, getting ready to start a new chronicle I'm quite excited about. I was last around about three years ago, and I notice that there's been no new product for the line since 2009's Zadkiel write-up (which I have bought and enjoyed).

Am I right in thinking that In Nomine is pretty much dead from a new product standpoint, or is there anything in the pipeline that may yet see the light of day? Any realistic chance of further Superiors write-ups, or the rumored Grigori book?
Ex astris, veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Is it dead, Jim?

We seem to get one new Superiors book every three years... which means we're over-due for one, but OGRE has delayed everything at SJ Games for over a year.

Me, I have a child-like faith that we'll get another book sometime. Not tomorrow, but sometime...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 08-09-2013 at 06:31 PM.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Ex astris, veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
We seem to get one new Superiors book every three years... which means we're over-due for one, but OGRE has delayed everything at SJ Games for over a year.

Me, I have a child-like faith that we'll get another book sometime...
LOL I hope your faith will be rewarded. I'm not familiar with OGRE or anything else SJG does, really. Is it a board or card game? Eating up development resources?
Old 08-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex astris, veritas View Post
LOL I hope your faith will be rewarded. I'm not familiar with OGRE or anything else SJG does, really. Is it a board or card game? Eating up development resources?
It's a board game. They ran a Kickstarter campaign to see how many people would buy a pre-release copy, with the usual variety of stretch goals - and they got thousands of backers they weren't expecting. Now the box will not fit in an aircraft overhead luggage compartment. At least one person is planning on turning his box into a coffee table. That's how big the game became, and a game that big needs a lot of preparation...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
Dalillama

Quote:
OGRE is a sort of miniatures wargame played on tabletops, featuring enormous tanks with swarms of attendant vehicles and troops, which was recently relaunched following a Kickstarter to raise funds for same. It is eating up resources, definitely. The problem that us IN fans are facing is that IN is deeply back-burner for SJG. Munchkin and the other cardgames are the major revenue generators, and as I understand it the GURPS line about breaks even. IN has a smaller following than GURPS, so this line kind of gets last place when the development budget is being allocated.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Me, I have a child-like faith that we'll get another book sometime. Not tomorrow, but sometime...
Of course not tomorrow. Uploads are on Thursdays, not Saturdays.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

From what I'm given to understand, it's not dead, just sleeping very deeply. Once a certain Ogre gets slain (or at least out the door and into shops), there might be at least an outside chance of waking up Princess IN.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #8
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
I'm returning to In Nomine after several years, getting ready to start a new chronicle I'm quite excited about.
Does In Nomine use "chronicle"? I thought it used "campaign".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
OGRE is a sort of miniatures wargame played on tabletops
It was a counter and hex game long before Ogre Miniatures. It was SJ's first game. The Deluxe edition will be back to the hex and counter roots.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 08-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
Ex astris, veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
From what I'm given to understand, it's not dead, just sleeping very deeply. Once a certain Ogre gets slain (or at least out the door and into shops), there might be at least an outside chance of waking up Princess IN.
This is encouraging. Do we know what might be in the queue for IN? I vaguely recall Marc being the next Superior due for a write-up, but it's been some time. I'd love to see him, or any of the other major Archangels who never got expanded writeups. Jean could definitely do with another look, given the fifteen years of technological advancement since the corebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Does In Nomine use "chronicle"? I thought it used "campaign".
You're probably right. I'm a long-time White Wolf player -- I tend to use "chronicle" instead of "campaign" except for fantasy games.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post

It was a counter and hex game long before Ogre Miniatures. It was SJ's first game. The Deluxe edition will be back to the hex and counter roots.
Ah. Never actually played, I've seen a bunch of the figures, though.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta