Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
JCurwen3

Default Re: Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet

First, I've got to say I just adore the sheet, and it's been absolutely a godsend in terms of its usefulness in my gaming of combat.

I would suggest these additions:

(1) A "Heart" location. It gets a -5 to hit (harder than a generic strike to the Vitals), which is mentioned in Horror, p. 30 and MH3: The Enemy, p. 10. Same wounding multiplier as vitals, and never explicitly listed as a "new hit location", it does have a more specific,tougher to-hit penalty. And obviously it's relevant to any campaign that features creatures that require a heart hit to kill or wound badly.

(2) On DF14: Psi, p. 34, the new combat maneuvers All-Out Concentrate and All-Out Defense (Mental Defense) are added. Although they appear in a DF supplement, and about psi, they look well-balanced and applicable to really any campaign that features abilities that require concentration or enable mental defense.

(3) Not sure where it would go, or if it's too specific even for this sheet, but a new Posture was included in Pyramid 3/34: Alternate GURPS, p. 12 ("A New Take on Grappling") that of lying down on your side ("lying on side", I guess). Same penalties for Lying Down (Face Up or Down), but just like Lying Face-Up there are some subtle differences that come into play when it comes to things like facing; note again this was an enhanced take on grappling. Just thought I'd mention it here for completeness.

Tags
combat, game aid, game aids