Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-11-2015, 10:19 AM   #191
DarkForce

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Discovering the Red Planet!

Is looking for players. I need 1-6 players looking to discover cool things with mars. Things like artifacts that bring together Alternate dimensions, Alien beacons that summon Alien creatures of terrible power Ancient alien vaults that summon the pits of hell, Deep underground caves that are not as empty as people might think!

The possibilities are endless!
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #192
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchsknight View Post
Discovering the Red Planet!
Game system? Expected posting rate?
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:46 PM   #193
DarkForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Game system? Expected posting rate?
Gurps 4e and every other day. OOC is posted with rules and such.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:43 PM   #194
Ulthar88

Stranger Land Sequel

I'm about ready to re-start, re-boot adventures in the "Fourth Awakening" game world. This will be a loose sequel, of sorts, to the Stranger Land campaign that closed at the end of last year.

Looking for 4-6 players who can post regularly (say, at least thrice weekly?).
It will be a low-fantasy sandbox, self-directed campaign where the players make the goals.
Ruleset is GURPS4 with unique magic system.
The setting is here:
World of the 4th Awakening
Peoples & Critters (not much about monsters yet, but the racial templates are here)

Any and all magic use will be from my own still-in-beta magic rules. Anyone playing a magic-wielder consents to being a playtester, for all intents & purposes:
Magic of the Spheres

Characters from the original Stranger Land will be more than welcome, although the character generation rules have been modified, so old characters may have to be, erm, re-molded a bit.

Please PM me with your interest and ideas; if I get enough response, I will post an OOC thread under the title: "Merced Adventures."
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:17 AM   #195
Ulthar88

Okay then; not much interest in swords & sorcery this summer... how about this...

A Space Opera-ish Sandboxy game.

By Space Opera, I don't mean anything tongue-in-cheek, although neither is it deathly serious. The world I have created for this is something more like Traveller, but with a Flash Gordon Tech Level. A little super-science, maybe a touch of dieselpunk, but no magic, no psionics, no cybernetics. It may be robots and ray-guns and Gee-Whiz science, but the roleplay can be as serious (or not) as you wish.

The truth is, I have spent some time whittling away at the world-crafting on this one, but have next to no actual experience playing it. There are great blank spots and gray areas in it, and it will remain that way until I can get some players in there who will liven it up, ask the awkward questions, and help the world to build a history and a character of its own.

So what I am looking for is 4-6 adventurous players who are willing to be proactive in exploring this galaxy and having some fun. For the first go, all characters will be human (aliens are a minority anyway), posting rate should be relatively frequent (at least thrice weekly, I think), but the scope of the adventures will be up to you. Let me know the kind of things you might like.

Gameworld info is here:
Trade League of the Olympus Cluster

I propose to use a game rules set I call FfURPS... FreeformGURPS. :)
Basically all that means is that I use GURPS4 , but adjudicate most actions based on the player's choices and their character's skill levels. Dice-rolling will be minimal, except when things get really crunchy, as in avoiding that careening asteroid or a gunfight or such.

The setting is designed around the idea of low-combat campaigns (free trade, investigation, etc.), but there are infinite possibilities around the fringes of patrolled space for more dangerous stuff. Chime in on what sort of adventures you would prefer.

Please PM me with your interest. If I get enough response, I will launch an OOC thread under the title "Trade League Space."
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:11 PM   #196
PTTG

Well, I just finished The Martian and the two biggest flaws were it was too short (24 hours and that's not even taking it seriously), and it was too damn short (Only 500 extra sols? Even Gilligan stuck around for a few years!). Also, let's throw in some more survivors. Like, maybe a lot more....

So here's the plan: put GURPS: Mars to work and build a hard-science campaign. PCs would be put in command of a serious and determined, but probably underfunded, attempt to get to Mars, and possibly back.

To fill out the standard questions...
Genre: Hard Science
Adventures: Probably varied. Will involve player inventiveness (Well, we can take the liquid helium from the medbay and use it to replace some lost atmospheric nitrogen, but we'll need to dump the magnets into space on the shaded side of the ship to keep them cool...) but just as much interest might come from player interactions (He's getting into the reactor core! Shoot him before he tries his insane plan and kills us all!).
Supplemental Rules: As GM, I tend to keep things rules-light in person, but with time to reference everything, I intend to run important events by RAW. GURPS:Mars will be essential, I'm sure, but that's on my end.
Plot: Situation-based. I'm giving you guys the environment, but it's up to the PCs to handle it.
Power Level: Apollo-era astronauts are what, 250 pts? Modern astronauts can specialize more, so they cost less... and you guys won't necessarily start out in the best of circumstances. Point is, you'll start play fairly middling CP totals, and there will be only soft caps on point totals, especially for characters who are presumably more experienced.
House Rules: Nothing in particular. Let's keep it simple.

Number of players is actually very flexible. The mission... will be large.

Who's interested?

Last edited by PTTG; 06-18-2015 at 04:26 PM.
PTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:54 PM   #197
WolfInSheepsClothing

Gurps 4e modern zombies?... a la L4D?

150 pt, 'lightly' cinematic characters bring it!

The wife is hounding me to get this one back up and running, so if you are interested, pm me.

UPDATE: The [OOC] Kept 4 Dead thread is currently working on character drafts.

Last edited by WolfInSheepsClothing; 08-08-2015 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Updating game status
WolfInSheepsClothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:43 AM   #198
Skullcrusher

Ok I'll bite

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:01 AM   #199
Loffrey

I'll play a low fantasy; email me at Heldaris@yahoo.com
Loffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #200
Poonbahbah

This is a looking for PLAYERS thread. Not a looking for GMS thread. Unless I misunderstood you and you are planning on running a low fantasy game? The best thing to do if you don't frequent this subforum is to follow this thread and check in on occasion to see if someone is going to run low fantasy and ask about joining.